Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brownies Cut Kenny Brit, Do we take a chance and pick him up off waivers???

Do we pick up the veteran receiver to help out depleted WR core? He has knowledge of the Tacks and Rams that could also help out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Are you actually being serious right now? That would be the last receiver I would want us picking up.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2017, 01:34 PM by JAGFAN88.)

1st off he is better then lee, has experience, and if hurns is out longer then expected we will need experience going into the playoffs and he has that type of experience against playoff quality defenses. he is not that old 29, a big target 6'3, and can catch the ball. we have speed we need a possession receiver that does not drop balls. its just a suggestion its better then wanting to sign crotchety. he was a 1000yard receiver last year with the rams. he still has some left in tank. and I think the browns would be on the hook for his guaranteed money.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2017, 05:48 PM by B2hibry.)

Lee is outplaying him and his 1000 season with the rams was atypical for his career. Nah
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Noooooo!

(12-09-2017, 01:12 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Do we pick up the veteran receiver to help out depleted WR core? He has knowledge of the Tacks and Rams that could also help out.

Has knowledge of the tacks and Rams?  He hasn't played for the tacks since 2013 under Mike Munchak, which was 2 HCs ago.  The Rams just changed from an archaic Fisher led offense to a modern style offense under McVay, he has no knowledge of the team that's worth anything.  Even without Hurns, he's not better than Lee, Cole or Westbrook at this point.  The only reason he had 1000 yards last year is because he was the only guy there to throw it to.

(12-09-2017, 01:12 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Do we pick up the veteran receiver to help out depleted WR core? He has knowledge of the Tacks and Rams that could also help out.

And who do you cut to make room? Certainly not Hurns, Lee, Westbrook or Cole. Mickens is doing a great job returning punts. That leaves Larry Pinkard, the sixth wide receiver and a guy who will likely be deactivated or outright cut once Hurns is healthy. Do you want to pay Kenny Britt millions of dollars to sulk on the bench and publicly complain about his lack or playing time?

Yeah, neither do I.

Somebody get the OP a beer.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

JagFan88,

TO THE PIT OF MISERY!

[Image: what-dilly-dilly-means--and-how-bud-ligh...mpaign.jpg]

(12-09-2017, 01:30 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: 1st off he is better then lee, has experience, and if hurns is out longer then expected we will need experience going into the playoffs and he has that type of experience against playoff quality defenses. he is not that old 29, a big target 6'3, and can catch the ball. we have speed we need a possession receiver that does not drop balls. its just a suggestion its better then wanting to sign crotchety. he was a 1000yard receiver last year with the rams. he still has some left in tank. and I think the browns would be on the hook for his guaranteed money.

Britt has averaged 36.3 catches, 568 yards, 3.5 TDs per season, and 45.3 yrds per game in his career

Lee has averaged 38.3, 488 yards, 1.6 TDs per season and 37.5 yards per game in his career

How about we pump the brakes on calling Britt better.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I just really like what we have right now with Lee, Dede, and Cole. They are playing with heart and pride... not sure I want to mess with that. Hurns is coming back soon also.

(12-09-2017, 03:45 PM)empty Wrote:

Has knowledge of the tacks and Rams?  He hasn't played for the tacks since 2013 under Mike Munchak, which was 2 HCs ago.  

But he'd be able to show where all the good vending machines are

Off the top of my head, I'm not aware of any of the Jaguars coaches having a previous connection with Kenny Britt. If a coach on the their staff could vouch for Britt, it would make adding him at least somewhat less risky. Because of Britt's non playing ability history, the risk in adding him could easily be higher than the Jaguars staying the current course.

Only on paper do we have a 'depleted WR corps' - not in reality.

Hard pass.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Hurns will be back...no Britt needed.

The BROWNS cut him.  

Let that sink in.

This is another one of those "Hey, I recognize a name, so should we sign him?" threads. Always love these.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-11-2017, 06:24 PM)FBT Wrote:

The BROWNS cut him.  

Let that sink in.

This is another one of those "Hey, I recognize a name, so should we sign him?" threads.  Always love these.

Happens FAR too often.. I love the extent that some people go to, too.. like when they start second guessing the front office's options, who we can give out, cut and trade etc..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 09:25 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Heck no. Westbrook and Lee can hold it down until Hurns gets back. Cole is surprising everybody with his speed and catch ability.

Plus I'm not cutting anybody on this team to make room for Kenny Britt.

He has no clue what our play book is. He has no chemistry with Bortles at all. And I'm not fixing anything that ain't broke..

Folks, we are not "depleted" at WR.

Without the off field issues, Westbrook is a 2nd round talent. Lee was considered one of the best WRs in college when he was drafted. Cole has shown that he can play with the big boys and make big time catches.

The truth is Westbrook came back in perfect timing with Hurns going down. Westbrook is eventually gonna breakout. He is a stud. We're good at WR.

I'm not bringing in some guy that can't play with the BROWNS.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 09:24 AM by Browntrouser.)

If this was week 2 I would say yes. But At this point I don't think I would want to mess up this groove Bortles is in.

Week 2 we were desperate for WR help and I think Britt could have helped then. But everyone on offense keeps improving.

(12-11-2017, 06:24 PM)FBT Wrote:

The BROWNS cut him.  

Let that sink in.

This is another one of those "Hey, I recognize a name, so should we sign him?" threads.  Always love these.

Hey I like these threads, it gives us something to chat about. If we only did the threads most of the posters on here wanted we would only have 2 threads.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Kenny Britt is signing a 2 year contract with the Patriots.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...nny-britt/