Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Up coming games

Just looking at the next few weekends and how things may play out.  Here is my take on things regarding the AFC South Title and hopes for a first round bye.

Up next the Jags have the Texans who are probably going to be without Savage after his potential end zone seizure, I hope he is alright.  I think we win that game and the game against the 9ers following week.  The tacks game will probably be a coin flip kind of bout, I think whomever takes the early lead takes the game in a back and forth grind.  Giving our remaining games vs the tacks remaining games I think we take the AFC South since we are currently up one game.  I think the Rams beat the tacks in two weeks to give us a two game lead.

The only way I think we get a first round bye is if the Fins beat the Pats tonight and the Steelers win next week.  Assuming we win our games we would need the Bills to upset the Pats in Foxboro, I only think this happens if it is a snow game.  The Steelers have a pretty easy schedule remaining and I don't think they lose enough games to help us into a bye.  I also doubt the Pats situation plays out the way we need it to, so as much as it would be nice I think we play a wild card team in week one.

What are your thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pats need to lose tonight and next week against Pittsburgh, and we need to win out. then I think we will have the tiebreaker due to a better conference record than the Pats.

Baltimore blew it last night by losing to Pitt.

I think we will run the table. The only game that concerns me is the 9ers. But we also will face a scrappy Titans team at their house.

Jimmy Gorropolo makes the 9ers a formidable team. But I've seen him collapse under pressure. He's gonna have a long day against the best defense in the league.

The Titans will be playing for all the marbles, so we can't come out flat. Dareus will earn his paycheck by clogging up Derek Henry. Mariotta will throw atleast 1 pick to Bouye.

We're gonna crush the Texans next week. Yates might throw 4 picks. He's never faced a defensive team like we have.

I think we end up with a home playoff game. Nobody wants to see these Jaguars right now. Fournette is chomping at the bit. Westbrook is gonna explode against 1 of these teams.

It's gonna be a fun 3 weeks because we are ballin right now.

Pitt's remaining 2 games after NE is trash.

Yeah, a first round bye is pretty much out of the question. Let's just bully our way to our first home playoff game since the sprinklers turned on...

I think the most likely scenario for us to get the bye is a Steelers loss to the Pats next week and either a Steelers loss to a winless, yet highly motivated Browns squad in their season finale or a surprise loss to the tinhorns in week 16. Though if I were putting odds on it I’d say the chance of either thise scenarios happening is probably 5%. I don’t see the Pats dropping 2 of the last 4 at all.

Bottom line is we’re probably not getting the first round bye. That Ravens/Steelers game last night was a real disappointment as that was probably our last real chance of getting the bye was the Ravens holding on for the win which didn’t happen.

Well that's a big step closer in the right direction. Next week is going to be really interesting!

If we beat the tinhorns and the Steelers win as well we'll have the #2 seed over the Pats based on conference record. 9-2 versus 7-4.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 02:12 AM by jessepeck1213.)

(12-12-2017, 01:40 AM)DragonFury Wrote: If we beat the tinhorns and the Steelers win as well we'll have the #2 seed over the Pats based on conference record. 9-2 versus 7-4.

I believe they'd be 7-3 in the conference. One of their losses was to Carolina. Moot point anyway though, we'd still have the better conference record and win the tiebreaker.

I believe the Steelers have a good shot at winning this game. Dolphins exposed their D. I'd expect the Steelers to spread out like the fins did and try and get Bell matched up on a linebacker.

Fins beat the Pats. One step closer, lol.

This is getting good!
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(12-11-2017, 09:11 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Yeah, a first round bye is pretty much out of the question. Let's just bully our way to our first home playoff game since the sprinklers turned on...

Not so fast.   Big Grin

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Just take care of our business and the rest will fall into place. Just win baby.
No pain, no gain.

The final stretch is gonna be fun. Buckle in everyone.

I still can’t believe it tho. I honestly thought we’d be talking about a draft pick at this point in the year. It’s so amazing

(12-12-2017, 08:39 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: The final stretch is gonna be fun. Buckle in everyone.

I still can’t believe it tho. I honestly thought we’d be talking about a draft pick at this point in the year. It’s so amazing

Pretty much this.

In August, I would have been satisfied for 8-8. Now we have a legit shot at a first round bye. I've forgotten how fun December football can be.
“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson