Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Music

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 02:09 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-12-2017, 08:52 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I love most of what Metallica have done...

I wasn't a huge fan of Reload or St Anger.. but everything else including Garage Inc was amazing. Their covers of Whisky in the Jar and Turn The Page were phenomenal.

I also loved it when they recorded their show with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra (S&M Album).

I loved every Metallica album up until St. Anger. From there, I quit listening to all their new stuff. St. Anger was so bad, it gave me a headache. It just sounded like someone beating on trash cans. I still love the early stuff though and the Black Album was a classic. I like other stuff too. I listen to some country music. I prefer old stuff like George Jones and The Kentucky Headhunters, but I like Blake Shelton as well. I also like old gangsta rap. Not this new crap. Gimme Ice Cube and Dr. Dre "Natural born Killaz", NWA or old Cyprus Hill, anytime over what is played on the radio now. I don't really like pop music, but I will catch myself listening to Taylor Swift every once in a while, (don't judge me.) I can listen to most things, except jazz, R&B and today's hip hop music. 90% of the time I listen to hard rock/metal. Show me someone who can growl, scream and act like a maniac, but also sing beautiful harmonies like Corey Taylor of Slipknot and I'll be a fan.

Have you ever seen the version of One that Korn did for Metallica at the MTV Icon show several years ago? It was great. Here it is. 

https://youtu.be/ctg21tTzm40

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 07:43 AM by Caldrac.)

I like everything. Been stuck on Logic, Childish Gambino, Action Bronson, Run The Jewels and Kendrick Lamar lately rap wise. And I stick to my primary staples when it comes to metal. So a heavy rotation of Metallica, Pantera, Damage Plan, DOWN, Black Label Society or Zakk Wylde in general, Baroness, Ghost B.C, Anthrax, Avenged Sevenfold, Volbeat and Megadeth are always going. I've been getting into EDM or slow techno music too. Been big on Space Jesus, Bassnectar, Odesza, Beats Antique, Little People, Moby, Flying Lotus and Desert Dwellers lately.

Another thing I am into is OST's from movies. Big fan of the Once Upon A Time In The West OST and Blade Runner and Braveheart, etc. I'll even play music from plays like The Nutcracker or even Disney's Fantasia. Really no limits when it comes to music for me. Jeremy Soule is another awesome composer I appreciate work wise. Especially with his work from Oblivion and Skyrim through the Elder Scrolls gaming series. I like big band, country and swing music too from the 40's - 60s. Big fan of Marty Robbins, Johnny Horton, Johnny Cash, Clarence Carter, Frank Sinatra and really anything from those eras.

One last thing I am into. Old school Viking songs and chants. LOL. Wardruna is awesome to me. And of course I love the classic rock period from the 60's - 80's. Can never go wrong with Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Doors, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Danzig, Ozzy, etc.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Top 5 artists I've been cranking lately....

Every Time I Die
Iron Chic
Architects
At The Drive In
Converge
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(12-13-2017, 02:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 08:52 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I love most of what Metallica have done...

I wasn't a huge fan of Reload or St Anger.. but everything else including Garage Inc was amazing. Their covers of Whisky in the Jar and Turn The Page were phenomenal.

I also loved it when they recorded their show with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra (S&M Album).

I loved every Metallica album up until St. Anger. From there, I quit listening to all their new stuff. St. Anger was so bad, it gave me a headache. It just sounded like someone beating on trash cans. I still love the early stuff though and the Black Album was a classic. I like other stuff too. I listen to some country music. I prefer old stuff like George Jones and The Kentucky Headhunters, but I like Blake Shelton as well. I also like old gangsta rap. Not this new crap. Gimme Ice Cube and Dr. Dre "Natural born Killaz", NWA or old Cyprus Hill, anytime over what is played on the radio now. I don't really like pop music, but I will catch myself listening to Taylor Swift every once in a while, (don't judge me.) I can listen to most things, except jazz, R&B and today's hip hop music. 90% of the time I listen to hard rock/metal. Show me someone who can growl, scream and act like a maniac, but also sing beautiful harmonies like Corey Taylor of Slipknot and I'll be a fan.

Have you ever seen the version of One that Korn did for Metallica at the MTV Icon show several years ago? It was great. Here it is. 

I have indeed... I prefer Sum 41's version of Master Of Puppets, though..

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(12-14-2017, 04:29 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 02:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I loved every Metallica album up until St. Anger. From there, I quit listening to all their new stuff. St. Anger was so bad, it gave me a headache. It just sounded like someone beating on trash cans. I still love the early stuff though and the Black Album was a classic. I like other stuff too. I listen to some country music. I prefer old stuff like George Jones and The Kentucky Headhunters, but I like Blake Shelton as well. I also like old gangsta rap. Not this new crap. Gimme Ice Cube and Dr. Dre "Natural born Killaz", NWA or old Cyprus Hill, anytime over what is played on the radio now. I don't really like pop music, but I will catch myself listening to Taylor Swift every once in a while, (don't judge me.) I can listen to most things, except jazz, R&B and today's hip hop music. 90% of the time I listen to hard rock/metal. Show me someone who can growl, scream and act like a maniac, but also sing beautiful harmonies like Corey Taylor of Slipknot and I'll be a fan.

I have indeed... I prefer Sum 41's version of Master Of Puppets, though..

To each their own. I was never into the pop/punk scene, but anything was better than Avril Lavigne's version of Fuel. That was one of the worst things I have ever heard. Strike that, Metallica doing a duet with Lady Gaga was the worst thing I've ever heard.  Sick Who agreed to that?

(12-11-2017, 09:17 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I don't think we've already got a music thread? Apologies if we do...

So what's everyone in to?
I've recently listened to Story Of The Year's new album on Spotify and they're back to their best!! Anyone else a fan?

I'll listen to almost anything expect really vulgar rap. But if I control the radio it's on country.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I really like instrumental music. And that can be anything like classical, jazz/jazz fusion, blues, rock or metal. I'm currently into Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop album from the '80s. Sometimes I'll follow that up with something from Joe Satriani. I've also been playing a lot if Stanley Jordon's music lately. He's an incredible guitar player.

(12-14-2017, 05:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 04:29 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I have indeed... I prefer Sum 41's version of Master Of Puppets, though..

To each their own. I was never into the pop/punk scene, but anything was better than Avril Lavigne's version of Fuel. That was one of the worst things I have ever heard. Strike that, Metallica doing a duet with Lady Gaga was the worst thing I've ever heard.  Sick Who agreed to that?

I loved Pop Punk, but I always thought Sum41 always sounded better when they had an edge to it. Chuck was a pretty decent album for old school metal style riffs.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2017, 10:26 AM by imtheblkranger.)

Darlo, we have similar tastes.

I'm weird with music, there's bands that everyone loves that I don't like at all (Nirvana (just so, so terrible), Dave Matthews, about half of Metallica, etc)

I remember listening to SOTY Page Avenue album on repeat back in the day. Along those lines you have:

Brand New
A Day to Remember
Taking Back Sunday

My tastes can vary wildly though. As for hip hop, not a huge fan, but I love pretty much everything by Childish Gambino, but I also really like Donald Glover in general.

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness is a great album. And they just got Dashboard back together which will take me back to high school lol

Alt Nation on XM has been my go to most recently, I like a lot of singles from a lot of artists even if I don't like all of their stuff. Been really into The Killers recently.

Pop Punk is awesome, but I listen to a lot of artists most people have never heard of from that genre.

Then there's 80's pop, which will always hold a special place in my heart lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2017, 11:43 AM by DarloJAG84.)

(12-17-2017, 10:24 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Darlo, we have similar tastes.

I'm weird with music, there's bands that everyone loves that I don't like at all (Nirvana (just so, so terrible), Dave Matthews, about half of Metallica, etc)

I remember listening to SOTY Page Avenue album on repeat back in the day. Along those lines you have:

Brand New
A Day to Remember
Taking Back Sunday

My tastes can vary wildly though. As for hip hop, not a huge fan, but I love pretty much everything by Childish Gambino, but I also really like Donald Glover in general.

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness is a great album. And they just got Dashboard back together which will take me back to high school lol

Alt Nation on XM has been my go to most recently, I like a lot of singles from a lot of artists even if I don't like all of their stuff. Been really into The Killers recently.

Pop Punk is awesome, but I listen to a lot of artists most people have never heard of from that genre.

Yeah it would seem as though we're very similar with music tastes..

Speaking of Andrew McMahon, I loved Something Corporate, they were awesome.

Page Avenue was amazing, I took a girl on a date to see SOTY whilst they were touring that album.. she loved it and paid me in kind. So that was pretty decent.

I love a lot of metal too, anything from Sepultura to Machine Head, Caliban, Trivium, Killswitch Engage etc etc..

Brand New, ADTR & Taking Back Sunday were awesome too.. plus The Used, Funeral For A Friend, Thursday, Thrice and Atreyu!

I adore Pop Punk, especially this time of year when we get about 7 hours daylight.. most of it is pretty grim, summer vibes cheer me up... getting up for work and getting home from work when it's pitch black is made easier when I have some bands like State Champs, The Story So Far, Blink-182, Yellowcard & Forever The Sickest Kids.

In short: I love music.

(12-17-2017, 10:24 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Darlo, we have similar tastes.

Brand New
A Day to Remember
Taking Back Sunday

Yeah it would seem as though we're very similar with music tastes..

Speaking of Andrew McMahon, I loved Something Corporate, they were awesome.

Page Avenue was amazing, I took a girl on a date to see SOTY whilst they were touring that album.. she loved it and paid me in kind. So that was pretty decent.

I love a lot of metal too, anything from Sepultura to Machine Head, Caliban, Trivium, Killswitch Engage etc etc..

Brand New, ADTR & Taking Back Sunday were awesome too.. plus The Used, Funeral For A Friend, Thursday, Thrice and Atreyu!

I adore Pop Punk, especially this time of year when we get about 7 hours daylight.. most of it is pretty grim, summer vibes cheer me up... getting up for work and getting home from work when it's pitch black is made easier when I have some bands like State Champs, The Story So Far, Blink-182, Yellowcard & Forever The Sickest Kids.

In short: I love music.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2017, 01:18 AM by americus 2.0.)

So, my husband likes to poll up youtube on our tv and listen to random stuff. 

This gem came up in the line up. Talk about flashback. I told him it was too bad we weren't high while watching this video.  Laughing

(12-12-2017, 10:09 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 09:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I have this CD and listen to it quite often. The DVD is good to watch. I actually prefer the S&M version of all those songs now. If I hear a studio version of any of the songs it sounds flat and boring. 

I like a variety. Depeche Mode, Fever Ray, Johnny Cash, Seether, Journey. The Forrest Gump soundtrack is a favorite as is the one for O Brother Where Art Thou?. 

And yeah, Turn the Page is awesome. I gotta look up Whisky in the Jar.

If you like Depeche Mode and Johnny Cash, I hope you've heard Johnny's version of Personal Jesus.
Outstanding. I think I've heard this but nothing by Johnny Cash ever gets old.

Today has been a Jurassic 5 day.

(12-12-2017, 07:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 05:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We have some Headbangers on this Board !!!

I had most of you pegged with singers like Barry Manilow, George Michael, and Boy George ..... not that there's anything wrong with that of course.

You don't know me well enough to peg me.

I've never been into headbanging music, but I do appreciate Metallica and AC/DC.

Am I the only one to get this?

(12-21-2017, 11:31 PM)newporttom Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 07:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote: You don't know me well enough to peg me.

I've never been into headbanging music, but I do appreciate Metallica and AC/DC.

Am I the only one to get this?

There's a pretty gross joke in there that I'm still not sure if rollerjag meant to make lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I have no idea what any of you are talking about.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-22-2017, 07:52 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 11:31 PM)newporttom Wrote: Am I the only one to get this?

There's a pretty gross joke in there that I'm still not sure if rollerjag meant to make lol

[Image: BFf6hn9.gif]

I like almost everything. Heavy influences from 60s folk rock and progressive rock. Also have a thing for 60s and 70s soul and funk. Think George Clinton, James Brown, Earth Wind & Fire, War. But most recently I have been listening to bands like The Pretty Reckless and Motion Device (independent metal/progressive band from Canada), Imagine Dragons, and Sunshine Blind.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Huge Metallica fan. I enjoy other bands in that whole genre.

Altogether there is only so much hard rock that I can take, so I like to listen to a nice variety of music.

Perhaps this is not the place for this...

I am a big Eminen fan. I had recently discovered that his new album came out. I'm excited so I listen to it, first few songs are good.

Then the guy just starts getting political. Doesn't really matter how you see things, I just don't see the reason to go political, IMO.

It's sad but I'm not sure if I can continue to be a fan of his.

(12-23-2017, 06:18 PM)Jagfan44 Wrote: Huge Metallica fan. I enjoy other bands in that whole genre.

Altogether there is only so much hard rock that I can take, so I like to listen to a nice variety of music.

I am a big Eminen fan. I had recently discovered that his new album came out. I'm excited so I listen to it, first few songs are good.

Then the guy just starts getting political. Doesn't really matter how you see things, I just don't see the reason to go political, IMO.

Well, to be fair most forms of hardcore rap (like 60s protest music) has always had a heavy dose of social commentary. Eminem is one of the best of his genre, no doubt about it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-23-2017, 06:22 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 06:18 PM)Jagfan44 Wrote: Huge Metallica fan. I enjoy other bands in that whole genre.

Well, to be fair most forms of hardcore rap (like 60s protest music) has always had a heavy dose of social commentary. Eminem is one of the best of his genre, no doubt about it.

No doubt that he is, just wish that he could learn to agree to disagree and leave it at that.