Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Music

I don't think we've already got a music thread? Apologies if we do...

So what's everyone in to?
I've recently listened to Story Of The Year's new album on Spotify and they're back to their best!! Anyone else a fan?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Robin S.

I like everything except rap/hip hop. Everything else is good with me.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

I like this new band, Led Zepplin.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I've come to the conclusion that Joe Cocker singing "A little help from friends" at Woodstock is the greatest solo live performance I've ever seen.

Lzzy Hale of Halestorm has a voice that is unbelievable.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 12:42 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Grateful Dead pretty much 24/7

They have their entire archive of concerts on www.archive.org so it never gets old (since they pretty much went through 3 decades of sounds as they replaced their keyboardists and revamped their sound throughout the years).

Every once in a while I'll throw on some Widespread Panic, Phish, Edward Sharpe, Lumineers, REM, Clash, and even some 1990s West Coast hip hop from time to time.

.... oh, and we do like Christmas music 

....  and also a variety of Mariachi music (mostly when we're drinkin')

Dan Hicken and the HeelTones are huge down here in Duval as well !!!

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 01:53 PM by The Drifter.)

I'm pretty much Old School when it comes to my music....
Pink Floyd is a favorite of mine (Nothing after The Wall)
Judas Priest, Dio, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Etc......
Crack The Sky.........
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

I will listen to most things but my main bands are:

Rise Against
Anti-Flag
Finch
Thrice
Metallica

I also love bands like Blink-182, New Found Glory, Green Day, State Champs, etc...

I've been on an Americana kick the last couple of years. Bob Dylan, Steve Earle, John Prine, Larry McMurtry, Towns Van Zandt, Gillian Welch, Alison Krauss. If I use these as anchors for stations on Google Music, a lot of Johnny Cash, Sun Volt, Tom Petty...I could go on and on, Americana is a very broad spectrum, even vintage blues and bluegrass pops up.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Same as before........

Slipknot
Korn
Pantera
Ghost
Rammstein
Stone Sour
Highly Suspect
AC/DC
Led Zepplin
Black Sabbath
Marilyn Manson
Ozzy

We have some Headbangers on this Board !!!

I had most of you pegged with singers like Barry Manilow, George Michael, and Boy George ..... not that there's anything wrong with that of course.

(12-12-2017, 05:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We have some Headbangers on this Board !!!

I had most of you pegged with singers like Barry Manilow, George Michael, and Boy George ..... not that there's anything wrong with that of course.

I prefer his early stuff with Wham..

(12-12-2017, 05:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We have some Headbangers on this Board !!!

You don't know me well enough to peg me.

I've never been into headbanging music, but I do appreciate Metallica and AC/DC.
- Bob Marley

I love most of what Metallica have done...

I wasn't a huge fan of Reload or St Anger.. but everything else including Garage Inc was amazing. Their covers of Whisky in the Jar and Turn The Page were phenomenal.

I also loved it when they recorded their show with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra (S&M Album).

My taste in music varies widely.  It depends on my mood.  I can listen to pretty much any genre at the right time from country/blue grass to latino music to blues, to heavy metal, to southern rock, to early Mowtown, to Jazz, Classical...  the list goes on.  In my younger days I was a very "musical" person in that I self-taught myself how to play many different instruments and appreciated the many different styles/genres of music.

I don't care so much for much of the "latest" stuff (from say 2010 on).  I would have to listen to it to make a determination.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-12-2017, 08:52 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I love most of what Metallica have done...

I wasn't a huge fan of Reload or St Anger.. but everything else including Garage Inc was amazing. Their covers of Whisky in the Jar and Turn The Page were phenomenal.

I also loved it when they recorded their show with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra (S&M Album).

I have this CD and listen to it quite often. The DVD is good to watch. I actually prefer the S&M version of all those songs now. If I hear a studio version of any of the songs it sounds flat and boring. 

I like a variety. Depeche Mode, Fever Ray, Johnny Cash, Seether, Journey. The Forrest Gump soundtrack is a favorite as is the one for O Brother Where Art Thou?. 

And yeah, Turn the Page is awesome. I gotta look up Whisky in the Jar.

(12-12-2017, 09:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 08:52 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I love most of what Metallica have done...

I have this CD and listen to it quite often. The DVD is good to watch. I actually prefer the S&M version of all those songs now. If I hear a studio version of any of the songs it sounds flat and boring. 

I like a variety. Depeche Mode, Fever Ray, Johnny Cash, Seether, Journey. The Forrest Gump soundtrack is a favorite as is the one for O Brother Where Art Thou?. 

If you like Depeche Mode and Johnny Cash, I hope you've heard Johnny's version of Personal Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpYW3qng78E
- Bob Marley

(12-12-2017, 09:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: