Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Home Stretch Hypothetical

(12-14-2017, 02:01 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 01:03 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Yeah but if the 2 seed is in question at 1 pm on Sunday 12/31 before the result of the Pitt or NE games is known, you'd still rest your guys and concede the 2 seed?

I can't imagine Coughlin and Marrone would be thinking that.  I don't care who they're playing.

The Pats beat the Jets by 7 earlier in the year.  The Steelers beat the Browns by 3 earlier in the year.  One fluke play could have changed those results.  I'd take my chances in week 17 if everything lines up.

(12-14-2017, 01:25 PM)UKJag Wrote: Per my bold above we go full strength only entering that game in the #2 seed. If not I think we rest guys to get the ready for the most likely senario of playing the wildcard round

I didn't miss your bolded statement initially.  Let me clarify:  If we go into week 17 at 11-4 and either the Pats or Steelers or both of them enter the week at 12-3, the 2 seed is still very much in question (if they're both 12-3, technically the 1 seed is potentially in question) if one or both of them loses and we win.  In that scenario where all 3 of our games start at 1 pm, you'd still sit guys and concede the 2 seed (maybe even the 1 seed)?  I'm not sure I've ever seen a team concede a bye by resting players when the seeding was still in question in week 17 regardless of who the opponents were.  In fact, if they're both 12-3 and we're 11-4 I can almost guarantee you we aren't resting anyone.

While I agree with the idea that we wouldn't rest if they are both 12-3 and we are 11-4...I'd also be realistic with my team and say the chances of Steelers losing to Cleveland and/or the Patriots losing to NYJ (without McCown) are pretty slim to none.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!