Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Omarosa Fired AGAIN

(12-16-2017, 02:31 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 01:40 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Again, using opinion as fact. When will the madness end?

Credit is given where credit is due. I doubt Trump has more than a cursory knowledge of its content, beyond being "great" or "beautiful", but he will gladly hitch his wagon to a sure thing, and Trumpettes will cheer in unison.

This is not tax reform, it's a tax cut with as many gimmicks included to get passed as was in the ACA.

What bothers me is the woman I recently helped sign up for insurance on the Marketplace and was surprised to learn why there was no affordable option.

Is this going to be your arguments from now on? Just call something an opinion so you don't have to respond.

https://www.politico.com/video/2016/07/o...ver-059832
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...48f739dcc6
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/comm...-feminists

Those are a couple that I found in 5 minutes on Google. That doesn't include all of the times they said it on-air. 

Speaking of opinions, that's all your second second was... an opinion.

Gimmicks? Which ones are you talking about?

Oh, please. The marketplace is unaffordable because the ACA is horrible. It's current pricing doesn't have anything to do with Trump or his plan. The costs of these plans have skyrocketed since it was implemented. I'm not even sure why you're bring it up now since it's unrelated to anything we're talking about.

Ah, the folly of posting links without checking their content. One was just a report on Obama's quote, the other broke it down for discussion. Only one actually supported the claim.

Gimmick? Why do you think the tax cuts for middle class end on a certain date? What do you think got Corker on board?

The premiums rose for my friend specifically because insurance companies are no longer reimbursed for discounts given to low income subscribers. This was a Trump administration decision.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-16-2017, 06:12 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 02:31 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Is this going to be your arguments from now on? Just call something an opinion so you don't have to respond.

Those are a couple that I found in 5 minutes on Google. That doesn't include all of the times they said it on-air. 

Oh, please. The marketplace is unaffordable because the ACA is horrible. It's current pricing doesn't have anything to do with Trump or his plan. The costs of these plans have skyrocketed since it was implemented. I'm not even sure why you're bring it up now since it's unrelated to anything we're talking about.

Ah, the folly of posting links without checking their content. One was just a report on Obama's quote, the other broke it down for discussion. Only one actually supported the claim.

Gimmick? Why do you think the tax cuts for middle class end on a certain date?

The premiums rose for my friend specifically because insurance companies are no longer reimbursed for discounts given to low income subscribers. This was a Trump administration decision.

Did you read them? That one was from Obama, yes, but it's still being pushed by the media. In fact, the media used that clip to talk more in-depth about it, and they used on-air segments to agree with it. The other two do speak about it. The point remains.

What date does it end, and which tax cuts are you saying are gimmicks? You're still not answering the question.

Premiums went up, on average 25%, for 2017. The costs have been increasing since its implementation, and the only reason it was ever even remotely close to affordable was because the Federal government was subsidizing it. The Feds can't afford to subsidize it. Where do you think the problem starts? Is it Obama for making your friends buy into something that was unaffordablee or Trump for revealing that it's unaffordable. Do you expect a handout because that's what reimbursements are.

(12-16-2017, 06:33 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 06:12 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Ah, the folly of posting links without checking their content. One was just a report on Obama's quote, the other broke it down for discussion. Only one actually supported the claim.

Gimmick? Why do you think the tax cuts for middle class end on a certain date?

Did you read them? That one was from Obama, yes, but it's still being pushed by the media. In fact, the media used that clip to talk more in-depth about it, and they used on-air segments to agree with it. The other two do speak about it. The point remains.

What date does it end, and which tax cuts are you saying are gimmicks? You're still not answering the question.

Premiums went up, on average 25%, for 2017. The costs have been increasing since its implementation, and the only reason it was ever even remotely close to affordable was because the Federal government was subsidizing it. The Feds can't afford to subsidize it. Where do you think the problem starts? Is it Obama for making your friends buy into something that was unaffordablee or Trump for revealing that it's unaffordable. Do you expect a handout because that's what reimbursements are.

Yes, I looked at them. For someone who has disdain for MSM, you sure seem to know a lot about their content. That you take every hyperbolic statement from a politician or their supportive media seriously may explain your vote for Trump.

Since you are apparently adept at Google, look it up. It's as easy to find as anything about the most qualified candidate ever. Which we all know was Gary Johnson.

My friend has voted Republican as long as I've known her, her pastor told her a vote for Hillary was a sin and she took that to heart.

I readily agree the ACA was flawed and spinning out of control. All I'm stating is a fact - her premium became too expensive directly because of a decision by the Trump administration. Was there a reasonable alternative from Republicans or Trump? What do you think Trump had in mind when he made these promises? You see anything there indicating "...unless we can't call it a repeal, then they can all go rot."
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-16-2017, 06:12 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 02:31 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Is this going to be your arguments from now on? Just call something an opinion so you don't have to respond.

Gimmick? Why do you think the tax cuts for middle class end on a certain date? What do you think got Corker on board?

Premiums rose for some subscribers because other taxpayers were no longer making making up the premium difference, a good decision by the Trumpsters.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-16-2017, 07:28 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 06:33 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Did you read them? That one was from Obama, yes, but it's still being pushed by the media. In fact, the media used that clip to talk more in-depth about it, and they used on-air segments to agree with it. The other two do speak about it. The point remains.

Yes, I looked at them. For someone who has disdain for MSM, you sure seem to know a lot about their content. That you take every hyperbolic statement from a politician or their supportive media seriously may explain your vote for Trump.

Since you are apparently adept at Google, look it up. It's as easy to find as anything about the most qualified candidate ever. Which we all know was Gary Johnson.

My friend has voted Republican as long as I've known her, her pastor told her a vote for Hillary was a sin and she took that to heart.

I readily agree the ACA was flawed and spinning out of control. All I'm stating is a fact - her premium became too expensive directly because of a decision by the Trump administration. Was there a reasonable alternative from Republicans or Trump? What do you think Trump had in mind when he made these promises? You see anything there indicating "...unless we can't call it a repeal, then they can all go rot."

I suppose you don't watch / listen to people you disagree with? That wouldn't surprise me. Also, it wasn't intended to be hyperbole, it was a literal statement made by many people.

Well, since you wont talk about your point, I'll just assume to know what you're talking about. It's you that's making a point of the middle class cuts ending. The burden isn't on me to show you why it isn't a gimmick. 

Your friend's pastor is an idiot, but I don't know what point you're trying to make. 

You're upset with Trump for eliminating something the government can't afford. You should be be upset with Obama for forcing your friend to purchase something in the first place. Trump would rather your friend keep her money and buy something without government interference.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!