Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Griff’s Post Season QB Rankings

QB draft rankings

1. Josh Rosen, UCLA

2. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

3. Lamar Jackson, Louisville

4. Sam Darnold, USC

5. Will Grier, West Virginia

6. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma St

7. Jarrett Stidham, Auburn

8. Riley Ferguson, Memphis

9. Ryan Finely, NC St

10. Josh Allen, Wyoming

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-16-2017, 06:00 PM)1griff2 Wrote: QB draft rankings

1. Josh Rosen, UCLA

4. Sam Darnold, USC

9. Ryan Finely, NC St

10. Josh Allen, Wyoming

Will Grier has announced he will be returning to school.

(12-16-2017, 10:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 06:00 PM)1griff2 Wrote: QB draft rankings

1. Josh Rosen, UCLA

4. Sam Darnold, USC

9. Ryan Finely, NC St

10. Josh Allen, Wyoming

Will Grier has announced he will be returning to school.

Smart move. He started the season well and then cooled off a bit before an injury.
He could have a good year and become a solid 2nd rounder next offseason whereas this season he's likely a late round selection.

Bortles is playing out of his mind right now... so I wouldn't be surprised if we end up not selecting a QB after all.

As great as Bortles is playing, the Jags still need to draft a quarterback to replace Henne. Having a solid backup is even more critical for a team that should be a strong playoff contender for the next 3-5 years, at the least. There should be someone available in the 2nd or 3rd rounds whom they can develop at this position. Ferguson, Finley and Stidham are possibilities and I'm sure there are others who will move up by draft time.

(12-18-2017, 12:36 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: As great as Bortles is playing, the Jags still need to draft a quarterback to replace Henne. Having a solid backup is even more critical for a team that should be a strong playoff contender for the next 3-5 years, at the least. There should be someone available in the 2nd or 3rd rounds whom they can develop at this position. Ferguson, Finley and Stidham are possibilities and I'm sure there are others who will move up by draft time.

I agree.

I'm just certain they'll be just fine going into next season with Henne as the back up.

Sick

(12-18-2017, 12:49 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 12:36 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: As great as Bortles is playing, the Jags still need to draft a quarterback to replace Henne. Having a solid backup is even more critical for a team that should be a strong playoff contender for the next 3-5 years, at the least. There should be someone available in the 2nd or 3rd rounds whom they can develop at this position. Ferguson, Finley and Stidham are possibilities and I'm sure there are others who will move up by draft time.

I agree.

I'm just certain they'll be just fine going into next season with Henne as the back up.

Sick

Henne is an UFA after this season. Not drafting a QB at all, is not an option.

(12-18-2017, 03:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 12:49 PM)Kane Wrote: I agree.

Sick

Henne is an UFA after this season. Not drafting a QB at all, is not an option.

You aren't worried that they sign him to some 2 year 8 million dollar clipboard holder deal?

Trust me... I want a QB drafted. Insurance... competition... whatever you wanna call it.
But with Bortles playing like this, I see the first 3 rounds going to shore up his OL and give him another weapon or two.
Then in later rounds we'll need to address depth, at WR.. LB.. and possibly the back end.

However... we could let Henne walk and sign a rather young "veteran" back up if they don't draft a QB at all.

My stance is still Mayfield, Rosen, Lamar or I'm not bothered with drafting a QB in the first few rounds. Bortles is balling right now which makes that decision easier. All of those guys will be gone by the time we pick.

As far as developmental/backup type QBs I like Kyle Lauletta,Bryan Schor, Kincade. 3 small schools guys who go in the later rounds.

First 3 rounds should be some combo of TE, Oline (maybe x2).

(12-18-2017, 03:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: My stance is still Mayfield, Rosen, Lamar or I'm not bothered with drafting a QB in the first few rounds. Bortles is balling right now which makes that decision easier. All of those guys will be gone by the time we pick.  

As far as developmental/backup type QBs I like Kyle Lauletta,Bryan Schor, Kincade. 3 small schools guys who go in the later rounds.

Devante?  If so no way...he is 5'10" at max...and he isn't an impressive passer at all.

(12-18-2017, 05:46 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 03:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: My stance is still Mayfield, Rosen, Lamar or I'm not bothered with drafting a QB in the first few rounds. Bortles is balling right now which makes that decision easier. All of those guys will be gone by the time we pick.  

Devante?  If so no way...he is 5'10" at max...and he isn't an impressive passer at all.

He's closer to 6'0. I like him. He has a good arm and plays smart football.  Prefer the other two but he's fine as a late round backup.

(12-18-2017, 06:03 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 05:46 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Devante?  If so no way...he is 5'10" at max...and he isn't an impressive passer at all.

He's closer to 6'0. I like him. He has a good arm and plays smart football.  Prefer the other two but he's fine as a late round backup.
Unless he hit a growth spurt since he left Ole Miss...while I agree he is a smart player and has a good work ethic/leadership but he just doesn't have any above average tools to me.

I wish he would've stuck in the SEC or a decent conference as the SWAC competition level is pretty low.

(12-18-2017, 06:21 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 06:03 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's closer to 6'0. I like him. He has a good arm and plays smart football.  Prefer the other two but he's fine as a late round backup.
Unless he hit a growth spurt since he left Ole Miss...while I agree he is a smart player and has a good work ethic/leadership but he just doesn't have any above average tools to me.

I wish he would've stuck in the SEC or a decent conference as the SWAC competition level is pretty low.

Martez Carter's 5'9 or so and Kincade looks alot bigger. Not too pushed either way though.   

His arm is good, not great , but he has some really nice throws in his bag. Throws a great deep out, good at leading receivers and real careful with the ball. Then like you said he has lots of intangibles. 

Argument against him would be I don't see him as anything other than a low end starter/backup. Where as someone like Lauletta I actually think has good upside.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2017, 08:33 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-18-2017, 03:44 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 03:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Henne is an UFA after this season. Not drafting a QB at all, is not an option.

You aren't worried that they sign him to some 2 year 8 million dollar clipboard holder deal?

Trust me... I want a QB drafted. Insurance... competition... whatever you wanna call it.
But with Bortles playing like this, I see the first 3 rounds going to shore up his OL and give him another weapon or two.
Then in later rounds we'll need to address depth, at WR.. LB.. and possibly the back end.

However... we could let Henne walk and sign a rather young "veteran" back up if they don't draft a QB at all.

If we re-sign Henne, I may jump off a bridge. There's no young, veteran backups who are UFA's, that I would even think are worth signing. I'd rather take a risk on a rookie.

Josh Allen just threw a beautiful 50 yard touchdown pass in the Idaho Potato Bowl. The commentator said he believes Allen will still be the number 1 pick in the draft. Although that's highly unlikely, if he performs at the Combine like he is today, it would shock me if he doesn't go in the top 10. He is healthy now and didn't have much of a supporting cast this year. As it stands now, these guys will be 1st rounders:

Rosen
Darnold
Allen
Mayfield
Jackson

I see Rudolph dropping to round 2. Who knows, maybe he'll fall all the way to the Jaguars at the end of the 2nd. If he did, I think they'd have to pull the trigger. In addition to the 5 players above, someone will trade for Alex Smith and someone else may take a chance on Bradford. That's 7 teams with new starting quarterbacks so Rudolph falling that far is not inconceivable. How is this for the 1st 3 rounds?

Round 1: Mark Andrews
Round 2: Mason Rudolph
Round 3: Isaih Wynn

(12-22-2017, 06:09 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Josh Allen just threw a beautiful 50 yard touchdown pass in the Idaho Potato Bowl. The commentator said he believes Allen will still be the number 1 pick in the draft. Although that's highly unlikely, if he performs at the Combine like he is today, it would shock me if he doesn't go in the top 10. He is healthy now and didn't have much of a supporting cast this year.  As it stands now, these guys will be 1st rounders:

Rosen
Darnold
Allen
Mayfield
Jackson

I see Rudolph dropping to round 2. Who knows, maybe he'll fall all the way to the Jaguars at the end of the 2nd. If he did, I think they'd have to pull the trigger. In addition to the 5 players above, someone will trade for Alex Smith and someone else may take a chance on Bradford. That's 7 teams with new starting quarterbacks so Rudolph falling that far is not inconceivable. How is this for the 1st 3 rounds?

Just remember the supporting cast excuse works both ways. Allen's being playing against bad teams all year and struggled a ton. A first rounder should be doing very well against their level of competition. Allen hasn't. 

I like Andrews but not Rudolph or Wynn at all.

(12-22-2017, 06:09 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Josh Allen just threw a beautiful 50 yard touchdown pass in the Idaho Potato Bowl. The commentator said he believes Allen will still be the number 1 pick in the draft. Although that's highly unlikely, if he performs at the Combine like he is today, it would shock me if he doesn't go in the top 10. He is healthy now and didn't have much of a supporting cast this year.  As it stands now, these guys will be 1st rounders:

Rosen
Darnold
Allen
Mayfield
Jackson

I'm no fan of Jackson at all. He's way too raw and tends to break down in the pocket and take off running, instead of going through his reads. At this point, I am skeptical he will enter the draft. Even if Rudolph did fall to round 2, (which I think is extremely unlikely), he won't make it to our pick. Of that, I am fairly certain. As for your 3 round scenario, you can't get much better than that. Andrews is the best TE in the draft, Rudolph is still my favorite QB and Wynn should be solid, slipping inside to OG. He was a very good OT, but is undersized and would fit really well inside.

(12-22-2017, 08:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Rosen
Darnold
Allen
Mayfield
Jackson

I'm no fan of Jackson at all. He's way too raw and tends to break down in the pocket and take off running, instead of going through his reads. At this point, I am skeptical he will enter the draft. Even if Rudolph did fall to round 2, (which I think is extremely unlikely), he won't make it to our pick. Of that, I am fairly certain. As for your 3 round scenario, you can't get much better than that. Andrews is the best TE in the draft, Rudolph is still my favorite QB and Wynn should be solid, slipping inside to OG. He was a very good OT, but is undersized and would fit really well inside.

Rudolph's draft position will be greatly determined by how he performs in the "post-season," especially the combine. I agree with you about Jackson and would prefer Rudolph over him, but I still think he's going in the first round.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2017, 12:52 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-23-2017, 12:01 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-22-2017, 08:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm no fan of Jackson at all. He's way too raw and tends to break down in the pocket and take off running, instead of going through his reads. At this point, I am skeptical he will enter the draft. Even if Rudolph did fall to round 2, (which I think is extremely unlikely), he won't make it to our pick. Of that, I am fairly certain. As for your 3 round scenario, you can't get much better than that. Andrews is the best TE in the draft, Rudolph is still my favorite QB and Wynn should be solid, slipping inside to OG. He was a very good OT, but is undersized and would fit really well inside.

Rudolph's draft position will be greatly determined by how he performs in the "post-season," especially the combine. I agree with you about Jackson and would prefer Rudolph over him, but I still think he's going in the first round.

He might, but Jackson's lack of an invite to the all-star games, is making me wonder if he's made it be known that he'll return to school. I thought for sure he'd get an invite to the East/West Shrine game. They don't even have him listed that he's been invited to any game.

I saw Allen play in person against airforce and was not impressed

I went to the Taxslayer Bowl, and I would say it is my strong opinion that Lamar Jackson is not an NFL caliber QB. I wouldn't even draft him. In any round. Unless he wants to change positions.