Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So what are our chances to lock up a 2 seed?

After stupid ole ben throwin a pick, that particular window is gone.  Whats left though?

Do we still have any chance at moving up a little? With the steelers loss is the top seed up for grabs?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If both the steelers and the pats lose a game and the Jaguars win the last two, yes. Given the teams they're playing it's unlikely, but we'll see what happens.

Slim and none. Steelers have the Brown Stains and Tinhorns left. They are not going to lose either.
[Image: giphy.gif]

I'd venture to say we're most likely getting the 3, but you never know. Pitt is without AB these last 2 games.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

There's still hope. I think the Bills could pull out the W vs. The Pats.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-17-2017, 11:37 PM)Inziladun Wrote: There's still hope. I think the Bills could pull out the W vs. The Pats.

This, one can only hope.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2017, 11:49 PM by D6.)

(12-17-2017, 11:37 PM)Inziladun Wrote: There's still hope. I think the Bills could pull out the W vs. The Pats.

Of the 4 remaining games in which the Jaguars need the Patriots and / or Steelers to lose at least one,   this one seems like the most likely ( relatively speaking ).  The Bills are playing for their playoff lives against a Division Rival that's caused them practically nothing but misery in the last 17 seasons.   The Bills incentive is through the roof and they have managed to win 8 games despite being a team that's noticeably flawed on paper.   The fact that Tennessee lost today is a major boost to the Bills playoff chances.   The odds are certainly against them in New England.  But we have seen some even more unexpected results late in NFL seasons in recent years.  

Regardless what happens, I think it would benefit the Jaguars to enter the playoffs with momentum.  The Jaguars turnaround this season certainly already ranks with the best NFL stories in the 2017 campaign.  Tom Coughlin would be my choice for NFL Executive of the Year if the Jaguars hold on to win the AFC South Title.  With Doug Marrone certainly in the thick of the mix for NFL Coach of the Year.

Here's how it stacks up the last 2 weeks...

PIT -- @HOU, CLE

NE -- BUF, NYJ

JAX -- @SF, @TEN

The Jaguars have the tie breaker on both PIT and NE. So if all 3 teams ended up at 12-4 the Jaguars would get the #1 seed and the Patriots would get the #2. We have to make up one game on either of them to go up. The Texans are usually pretty decent against the run. It could be interesting in Houston on Christmas and the Steelers have no Brown. The Bills are playing some decent ball albeit at home. Division rivalry games are the most likely to lose and the Pats have 2.
No pain, no gain.