Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congratulations to the fans who have stuck around through the dark days...

I was wearing my personalized Jags hoodie at a Christmas party a few night ago. Someone asked me if I was a real fan, or just recently. It's the first time I've been asked that and I really didn't know how to take it. I think they got the point when I went through the list of all my treasured first year items!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-18-2017, 01:35 PM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: I was wearing my personalized Jags hoodie at a Christmas party a few night ago.  Someone asked me if I was a real fan, or just recently.  It's the first time I've been asked that and I really didn't know how to take it.  I think they got the point when I went through the list of all my treasured first year items!

I'm sure a lot of people that don't know you will assume that you're jumping on the bandwagon.

That's OK, let em hate.

The amount of love I have received via twitter and text messaging from my friends in my area is overwhelming

I might pull out my McCardell jersey for the playoffs and wear it under my Bortles Jersey.

Go Jags!
Jags 4 Life

It has been hard and embarrassing at times, but feels so good to be back. We aren't done yet, but really proud to be a jags fan. Still a lot ahead but I'm hoping this turns into a special, special year!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Thanks but can't respect the fair weather fans.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Because I'm from out of state and never lived in or near Jacksonville, I am very afraid everyone is going to think I'm a bandwagon fan.

(12-18-2017, 03:45 PM)Brett Wrote: Because I'm from out of state and never lived in or near Jacksonville, I am very afraid everyone is going to think I'm a bandwagon fan.

I am in the same boat with folks outside of work. I live in WV. Everyone here at my office sees me in Jags gear almost every day.

I've been here since day one. And I ain't going anywhere.

Go Jags! Bring us home a Lombardi trophy

(12-18-2017, 03:45 PM)Brett Wrote: Because I'm from out of state and never lived in or near Jacksonville, I am very afraid everyone is going to think I'm a bandwagon fan.

BAH! Ta hell with them.

You know.
We know.
"They" don't matter bruhhh.

(12-18-2017, 03:52 PM)Kane Wrote:

BAH! Ta hell with them.

You know.
We know.
"They" don't matter bruhhh.

True that brah. Plus all my immediate friends from college and the wife definitely know lol.

Brett, just drop a little history on them and they will quickly know you've been a fan through the dark years.

I've been badgered for years for being a Jag. I let our cards talk now. 10-4 baby!

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2017, 04:00 PM by Brett.)

(12-18-2017, 03:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Brett, just drop a little history on them and they will quickly know you've been a fan through the dark years.

I've been badgered for years for being a Jag. I let our cards talk now. 10-4 baby!

Yep exactly! But now is the time of why I have finally saved this picture of me from about 19 years ago. The proof! :

[Image: 2J1LoCW.jpg]

It feels like 99 all over again. Great defense. Great RB.

Just missing Brunell, Jimmy, Fred, and Bo-selli

(12-18-2017, 11:38 AM)tyus Wrote: I've been waiting a long time for this moment  to happen again. I signed up for the Jaguars forum in 2007; we've been through some extremely rough years since then. 

It's an amazing feeling to be able to celebrate with fellow fans, friends, and family about the Jaguars making the playoffs! I can't wait for the first meaningful postseason game in a decade.

I was in Helena Montana Oct 22 right after the shut out of the Colts.  Guys were calling me out saying things like: "Who do these Jaguars think they are trying to be good?"  I told them that is why I am here.  The last time I was there the Jaguars beat the Steelers in the playoffs.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I'm ribbing my wife over this success. She has been asking me for 2 years to watch Cowboys games. I kept telling her you stick with your team.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I jumped ship from the 49ers to the Jaguars during the 1995 offseason following Young's SB victory when they started gutting the roster.  I felt like I was on the right track when both expansion teams made their conference title games in the '96 season. I was accustomed to dominance with the 49ers, and I left fearing they would undergo many losing seasons. The irony here is that the 49ers were never really down for all that long... they've merely had spurts of mediocrity like this year. However, the fate I feared with the 49ers became my reality with the Jaguars after suffering through the turmoil that was Gene Smith. But now...

Now, I feel like this is a team of destiny. There's something special here with this defense virtually elite at most positions, and with Blake having rounded back into his late-season '95 form, and even better with his running, I feel like they have a shot a big dance in Minneapolis.
'02

I just got home from Publix, wearing my standard attire, Jags shirt and hat. Three people said something about how good the Jags are. Three was a time when I'd get questions about why I'm wearing Jag gear when they suck. It's nice to see the change.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

As Jags fans, we are really cashing in all the checks this year from what we went through the last decade

I was one of those who only cared about the Gators football-wise until we got the Jaguars and just heading off to college. It's weird that there are adults who were just born when they came in and have never known life without them. Now I feel old.