Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congratulations to the fans who have stuck around through the dark days...

I'm just here.. Always have been..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

BANDWAGON FANS!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Huh

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2017, 08:20 PM by Bullseye.)

(12-18-2017, 06:53 PM)FBT Wrote: I just got home from Publix, wearing my standard attire, Jags shirt and hat.  Three people said something about how good the Jags are. Three was a time when I'd get questions about why I'm wearing Jag gear when they suck.  It's nice to see the change.

It's amazing how much I've experienced that on both extremes.

Now, it's like people have awakened from a long slumber and started caring for the Jaguars now.

(12-18-2017, 03:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Brett, just drop a little history on them and they will quickly know you've been a fan through the dark years.

I've been badgered for years for being a Jag. I let our cards talk now. 10-4 baby!

Yes.

Bandwagon jumpers won't be able to tell you about Harry Deligianis, an 375 won't mean anything to them.

That said, if having bandwagon jumpers is the price for the Jaguars winning the Super Bowl, so be it.

Pittsburgh and Dallas fan bases are loaded with fans who jumped on the bandwagon because they won.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Bandwagons fill the stadium and owner's pockets so that moving/relocating what have you get left behind.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Been a fan since I was in 7th grade, I'm 34 years old now.  I've ran into 2 other jaguar fans my whole life, I live in Utah.  Ha!  I got Vic to answer one of my questions about Fred Taylor on the jaguars.com ask Vic section... I think that makes me an old school fan.  I've seen some bad football played, but do you remember standing up every time Freddy T touched the ball?!  I've seen some epic football played by this team too!

Wooo go jags!!!!!

(12-18-2017, 06:53 PM)FBT Wrote: I just got home from Publix, wearing my standard attire, Jags shirt and hat.  Three people said something about how good the Jags are. Three was a time when I'd get questions about why I'm wearing Jag gear when they suck.  It's nice to see the change.

Hell, that's happening to me here in Tampa. Just yesterday, as I was leaving Publix, a car was approaching me with the driver tapping the horn. He stopped right next to me to show me he was wearing a Jags shirt. We gave each other thumbs up.

A few weeks earlier, the guy behind the seafood counter was going on to me about how well the Jags are doing. A few aisles later I hear "go Jags!" I turn to see a guy in a Jags polo. We talked about how nice it is to be watching meaningful games in December.

It's been great to see the Jags win again. I have never lived in Jacksonville but have rooted for them since day 1. I live in Texas and have my whole life. Soon I will be cheering on the Jags from West Virginia. 10 whole years since we last had success. Here's to hoping it sticks around for a long time.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2017, 11:06 PM by duvalpride.)

I remember the game vs the Oilers (inaugural game) on my brother's birthday, my Dad had to dress in his uniform, I distinctly remember how he saluted the American flag during the anthem. Don't remember much of the game, but I still have the huge ticket with the lanyard that came with it. Good times.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Been a long time coming. Been all around the US and finally live in FL again. Hoping to get off this God awful shift and get season tickets again. Going to 1 or 2 games a year doesn't cut it for me!

Being born and raised in Washington State, I've gotten nothing but sly remarks, silly looks and straight up laughter in my face when I tell people I'm a Jags fan.

I've lost count at how many times somebody has asked me why I'm still a Jags fan and why I haven't picked a new team yet.

It really does make winning feel even that much greater, when you've suffered nothing but losing for far, far too long.

Over here in the UK we have a lot of guys who are Patriots, Steelers, Packers fans... yet know next to nothing about the NFL..

One guy who I work with is an Eagles 'fan' but asked me their QB's name..

Anyway, staying up through the night and being laughed at when seen in Jaguars merchandise (Most days) is now all prettttttty sweeeeeeeeeet!

Finally feels good!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(12-18-2017, 09:19 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Bandwagons fill the stadium and owner's pockets so that moving/relocating what have you get left behind.

Bandwagon and Fair Weather Fans are the Jags relocation ticket to London.

(12-19-2017, 10:19 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 09:19 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Bandwagons fill the stadium and owner's pockets so that moving/relocating what have you get left behind.

Bandwagon and Fair Weather Fans are the Jags relocation ticket to London.

I know there is innate contradiction in my words to follow, but to me bandwagon fans are fine, as long as they remain loyal once they land on ours.

There are kids who are going to jump on our bandwagon this year, especially if we win it all.

Hopefully they remain loyal Jaguars fans for decades.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I've been getting calls and texts almost every week from old Navy buddies who remember me as the only Jags fan they knew. Smile It's been sweet because I've been all by myself over the years because no family or friends are Jags fans. I was stationed in Texas and Tennessee during my career so I had to deal with their fans. Now I've retired to Atlanta and all of my friends tried to get me on their bandwagon last year. Even offered me tickets to their games. I have never missed a Jags game except when deployed. I even got to the early service at church so that I'm perched in front of the TV in time. There were many years that my wife questioned why we continued to pay over $300 to see my team get thrashed week in and week out. My son always asked why I continue to play with Jags on Madden while he picked "winning teams". This year has definitely been redemption. All I ask for Christmas is at least one playoff win. Yes of course I want the Super Bowl but as long as we don't go 1 and out, I will not complain. If we're beat first round then everyone will talk about our easy schedule. I'm not ready to go back to that point. I want to go into the offseason as a definite contender next season.

I still get a ton of crap from the home team Patriots fans. But been on the bus from day 1, and look forward to a little vindication come playoff time. I've been to the last 2 Jags preseason games at Gillette, and plan to be there sporting my #5 jersey for the AFC title game!

I love this place, i love just how much of a difference to our lives seeing the Jags actually doing well does. 

I don't really meet many Jags fans other than online and most football fans i know don't really care about the Jags or know anything. I grew so tired of the 'oh i hope you guys get more than 4 wins this year' sympathy. I'm so happy for the local fans though, it's tough to pay $600+ every year to see your team stink.

I'm just happy we have things to be positive about, usually it's draft picks, and get rid of so and so but now we have optimism.

(12-18-2017, 08:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

It's amazing how much I've experienced that on both extremes.

Now, it's like people have awakened from a long slumber and started caring for the Jaguars now.

(12-18-2017, 03:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Brett, just drop a little history on them and they will quickly know you've been a fan through the dark years.

I've been badgered for years for being a Jag. I let our cards talk now. 10-4 baby!

Yes.

Bandwagon jumpers won't be able to tell you about Harry Deligianis, an 375 won't mean anything to them.

That said, if having bandwagon jumpers is the price for the Jaguars winning the Super Bowl, so be it.

Pittsburgh and Dallas fan bases are loaded with fans who jumped on the bandwagon because they won.

The difference is the Jaguars fans that have stayed with the team through the lean seasons like each of you will appreciate the team's success more than bandwagon fans.

How great is it to see lots of this from the owner post game?

[Image: giphy.gif]

(12-19-2017, 05:41 PM)D6 Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 08:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: It's amazing how much I've experienced that on both extremes.

Yes.

The difference is the Jaguars fans that have stayed with the team through the lean seasons like each of you will appreciate the team's success more than bandwagon fans.

You obviously don't live in Jacksonville.  Prior to this year, within the past 7 years rarely did you see a person wearing Jags apparel at the St Johns Town Center or even dropping ones children off at school.  It was easy to get a seat at the sports bars, even when one would show up at 1:15pm for a Jags 1pm away game.  Now, you see Jags shirts everywhere and the sports bars at Jax Beach are packed again for Jags game.

Other than the few loyal fans out there (kind of like the Trump 30% base - lol), I'm definitely not going to give our overall community any credit for sticking through thick and thin.

(12-20-2017, 01:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 05:41 PM)D6 Wrote:

You obviously don't live in Jacksonville.  Prior to this year, within the past 7 years rarely did you see a person wearing Jags apparel at the St Johns Town Center or even dropping ones children off at school.  It was easy to get a seat at the sports bars, even when one would show up at 1:15pm for a Jags 1pm away game.  Now, you see Jags shirts everywhere and the sports bars at Jax Beach are packed again for Jags game.

Other than the few loyal fans out there (kind of like the Trump 30% base - lol), I'm definitely not going to give our overall community any credit for sticking through thick and thin.
I'd say there was roughly 50k that stuck with the team through thick and thin... even when the stadium was "empty" it still had a good number of people showing up.
Crazy though..... considering there's like 800k+ people in the city and surrounding area lol