Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congratulations to the fans who have stuck around through the dark days...

Bandwagon Jags fans?!

Whoa now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I live in canada and.got to.ask jack del rio a.question on the jack del rio show podcast. I think it was around 05 or 07.

My friends called.me a loser.

Haha
Jags 4 Life

(12-20-2017, 01:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 05:41 PM)D6 Wrote:
The difference is the Jaguars fans that have stayed with the team through the lean seasons like each of you will appreciate the team's success more than bandwagon fans.

You obviously don't live in Jacksonville.  Prior to this year, within the past 7 years rarely did you see a person wearing Jags apparel at the St Johns Town Center or even dropping ones children off at school.  It was easy to get a seat at the sports bars, even when one would show up at 1:15pm for a Jags 1pm away game.  Now, you see Jags shirts everywhere and the sports bars at Jax Beach are packed again for Jags game.

Other than the few loyal fans out there (kind of like the Trump 30% base - lol), I'm definitely not going to give our overall community any credit for sticking through thick and thin.

Yup, the "all access" show on Monday night at the Mellow Mushroom on Avondale was packed like never before inside and outside.  Because of Bandwagoners.  lol

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2017, 04:28 PM by Monty.)

(12-20-2017, 01:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [quote pid='1078620' dateline='1513719692']
You obviously don't live in Jacksonville.  Prior to this year, within the past 7 years rarely did you see a person wearing Jags apparel at the St Johns Town Center or even dropping ones children off at school.  It was easy to get a seat at the sports bars, even when one would show up at 1:15pm for a Jags 1pm away game.  Now, you see Jags shirts everywhere and the sports bars at Jax Beach are packed again for Jags game.

Other than the few loyal fans out there (kind of like the Trump 30% base - lol), I'm definitely not going to give our overall community any credit for sticking through thick and thin.

Did some shopping out there a couple of weekends ago.  I was in Target and kept seeing people wearing Jags gear.  I was like...what the...
Huh

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2017, 11:53 PM by Inziladun.)

Been living in Jacksonville since I was 4 years old (1994) I literally grew up with the Jags. Still live here in lil ol' Jacksonville so I've never been worried about people claiming I'm a Bandwagon fan. Kinda hard to accuse someone for being a Bandwagon fan for the home team. But there's a real possibility I'll be moving out of state in a year or two so may be if the Jags keep it up I'll get some accusations. Just gotta bust out the ol' Brunell jersey to keep an honest.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh man what era of Jags football are we counting the dark ages? 

Im saying 2011 - 2016

2008 - 2010 - The Harbinger of things to come
2011 - 2016 - The Dark Ages
2016 Offseason - A New Hope
2017 - Jaguars Strike Back

I still want the elation of winning a championship. But, as bad as its been around here for several years and the false promises and changes in the organization it's finally nice to have the foundation and structure in place to right the ship. This season regardless of how it ends now has been a huge turnaround and we can look forward to being competitive and enjoying the season instead of just hoping for a savior in the draft.
No pain, no gain.