Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
XFL

With the NFL attendance and ratings at record lows, it appears Vince McMahon is ready to revive the XFL http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...continues/
GO Jaguars
;

Good grief!

(12-22-2017, 01:43 AM)majik Wrote: With the NFL attendance and ratings at record lows, it appears Vince McMahon is ready to revive the XFL http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...continues/

Could have some potential
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Hahaha awesome

I was at the first ever game in Orlando. The game was great, but it was really cold, even for Orlando.

I think they need to keep the game rules similar and try to cut out the theatrics as far as the game goes. They got a lot of guys hurt with the opening "kickoff." The WWE like skits need to stay out of it as well. That kind of programming will only scare people away.

(12-22-2017, 11:14 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: I was at the first ever game in Orlando.  The game was great, but it was really cold, even for Orlando.

I think they need to keep the game rules similar and try to cut out the theatrics as far as the game goes.  They got a lot of guys hurt with the opening "kickoff."  The WWE like skits need to stay out of it as well.  That kind of programming will only scare people away.

Agreed. Just play football like it was meant to be played. It isn't wrestling. If they do this and treat it like a NFL minor league, it might have a chance.

lol

People barely want to watch good football right now. Why would they waste time and money on bad football?
Coach Condi 2019

What fresh hell?? .......but with the decline of the NFL's popularity in recent years I can see folks wanting something different, even if they still watch only some NFL games, their favorite team(s) in particular. 

As long as it's not like the first incarnation I'd check it out. Man that was brutal.
Ya, you betcha.

Nice
[Image: fb362721028055f5ad67aa63fe442568.jpg]

(12-22-2017, 05:31 PM)TJBender Wrote: lol

People barely want to watch good football right now. Why would they waste time and money on bad football?

This

IMO, it depends what their objectives are. People love watching football, and if the XFL wants to put their product on television between April & July, there could be an audience for it. Like others have mentioned, XFL's main issue was lack of talent. Could this be some type of D-league for the NFL?

Having said that, I would watch.

I'd rather watch the Lingerie League

My bet is that he is attempting to get an investment group together for a try at ownership of the Panthers.
Signature goes here.

(12-25-2017, 12:14 PM)TheBigDawg Wrote: My bet is that he is attempting to get an investment group together for a try at ownership of the Panthers.

Not so sure about that. Vince McMahon is arrogant enough to think he can bury a league plagued by politics, fixed games, and sissy-fication due to rule changes and bad refs.

Could he be right? We shall see.

(12-24-2017, 11:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: IMO, it depends what their objectives are. People love watching football, and if the XFL wants to put their product on television between April & July, there could be an audience for it. Like others have mentioned, XFL's main issue was lack of talent. Could this be some type of D-league for the NFL?

That would require the NFL to embrace and legitimize it, and they will never do that. The NFL already has a farm system: the NCAA. Given how damn near every attempt at second-tier pro football in the last 40 years has failed, I don't think even the NFL seal of approval would be enough to get people interested in bad football.
Coach Condi 2019

(12-26-2017, 07:17 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-24-2017, 11:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: IMO, it depends what their objectives are. People love watching football, and if the XFL wants to put their product on television between April & July, there could be an audience for it. Like others have mentioned, XFL's main issue was lack of talent. Could this be some type of D-league for the NFL?

That would require the NFL to embrace and legitimize it, and they will never do that. The NFL already has a farm system: the NCAA. Given how damn near every attempt at second-tier pro football in the last 40 years has failed, I don't think even the NFL seal of approval would be enough to get people interested in bad football.

I agree, and disagree with the NCAA farm system comment. That is like saying the same thing applies for the NBA, but they have an actual D-league. I would think there are people between the NCAA/NFL Practice squad talent level that would warrant some type of other league. Take all of the guys you see released on Hard Knocks every year. 

A guy like Vince could probably poach guys off practice squad rosters to come play with him for way more money, and of course you have your TO's, Ochocincos, and Greg Hardys who would play. Again, the talent level wouldn't be close to the NFL, but that isn't saying it still couldn't be successful.

Is "he hate me" coming out of retirement? That's all I want to know.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Lol. I like football enough to watch, but the xfl will never replace the nfl. It would take a major implosion of apocalyptic levels of nfl fail for that to occur. It would be a good in between from the arena league and nfl though.

I would watch XFL over NFL just fun football games in it. no cheating. Games are called down the middle even if the game is rigged for one team,refs still call fair amount of pentlys on both teams.
Goals for the 2017-2018 season:

1. have a secoend winning season in a row

2.  win the division again. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

News conference scheduled for today with Mr. McMahon to announce that XFL will be back in 2020.