Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most Underrated/Overrated Video Games

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2018, 11:47 AM by Caldrac.)

Overrated: Any Madden game that's come out post buying out the competition and NFL licensing rites. The Sega ESPN NFL 2K5 game is the single greatest football game that ever existed. It was way ahead of it's time and it put EA Sports on notice. It put them on notice so much that they went out and bought up the rites instead of allowing a friendly competition to go on for years to come. They've since ripped, borrowed or attempted to imitate it here and there while adding "new" features a few years down the road which were already relevant back in 2004 through this game.

Underrated: Final Fantasy Tactics. The story is great. The job system is great. The replay value even with the 32 bit Playstation graphics still make this game great. The soundtrack is great. The artwork is outstanding. The fact that Square Enix hasn't brought this back to the major platforms or expanded on the Ivalice universe (outside from Final Fantasy XII) is truly aggravating when they keep placing it on the small ports and handhelds which is geared towards a younger audience. Real Time Strategy games and Turn Based Strategy games are extremely underrated in general.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most Underrated/Overrated Video Games - by Caldrac - 01-16-2018, 11:43 AM