Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most Underrated/Overrated Video Games

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 11:54 AM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Overrated:

Earthbound. A lot of people seem to really love this game, but I don't see the appeal. And I'm an avid RPG lover. Dragon Quest is one of my favorite series. I just don't get the appeal of Earthbound. The Rolling HP counter was neat I guess, but aside from that... I found the story a little childish, and the gameplay a little lacking.

Goldeneye 007: Probably the first decent Bond game, but not nearly as great as everyone says it is.

The Saint's Row games after the second one: Steelport was a pretty boring city, and while super powers were pretty cool in 4 --- it just felt like it was lacking something.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City: Okay, I played GTA Vice City after San Andreas and GTA4, so that may be a bit unfair. But I also played GTA3 after both of them, and still enjoyed it. The aiming problems were ridiculous. Vice City wasn't fun to drive around in. And the stupid RC Helicopter...

Underrated:

Chrono Cross: The game has an amazing soundtrack, and it's pretty fun. No, it didn't live up to Chrono Trigger. And there are WAY too many characters in it. But overall it's still a pretty good game, and shouldn't get the hate it does just for not being "Chrono Trigger"

The Suikoden Series: Back when Konami made games other than Metal Gear and Pachinko, they made this wondrous RPG series. It's actually well liked among those who've played it, but almost nobody has played it.

The Tales Series: People tend to only like Symphonia/Abyss. But most of the other games are really good too. Their stories might be a little lacking in some areas, but they're still a lot of fun.

Saint's Row 2 - A Saint's Row game that's as fun as any GTA game. The right amount of wacky, before the series became an over the top mess that tried too hard.

Harvest Moon: Really wish they still made these. Who knew a farming simulator could be so awesome?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most Underrated/Overrated Video Games - by The Eleventh Doctor - 03-09-2018, 11:52 AM