Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most Underrated/Overrated Video Games

(04-12-2018, 11:54 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 11:15 AM)Inziladun Wrote: Because ya'll a bunch of normies. Cool

I could go into more detail as to why these titles are overrated but I doubt anyone would be interested. Just know I spent a lot of time playing all of the games on the overrated list, and it's less of me throwing shade about the quality of the game(except Oblivion, Oblivion is literally broken still to this day) and more me throwing shade at their reception in the gaming community. I've heard people call all those games "best games eva" with the exception of Madden and it just makes me roll my eyes.

I had no problems with any glitches in Oblivion.

Some of the quests/side quests pissed me off...but "broken?"

What platform?  What did it do?

I played it on PC but I'm not talking about the glitches although there's an argument to be made about the NPC schedules and pathfinding being broken, I personally believe they were pretty decent for the time. But between every Character looking like they have down syndrome and the fact that level scaling is so broken that your "Primary Attributes" need to be skills that you don't use to control your leveling or else the game spirals into an out of control level scaling fest. The game, may be playable, but is broken on a conceptual level. It literally doesn't work as intended.

There's a point in the game where you stop progressing after you hit a gear wall and the enemies keep getting stronger and every enemy is basically a giant bullet sponge wearing the best armor in the game with HP pools comparable to a raid mob in WoW. This is prevalent in Skyrim too but the leveling system isn't broken in Skyrim where it is in Oblivion and the gear scaling is much more controlled. Having grown up on Daggerfall and Morrowind there's a particular distaste in my heart for Oblivion as that marked the first game in the series after Todd Howard kicked out the other talented developers in the company that actually crafted the lore and ran away with the rights into the sunset and it fell flat on so many levels.

In a lot of ways Oblivion is comparable to Final Fantasy 8. Don't know if you've ever played it, but that is another great example of a game that's literally broken. It's easier to beat FF8 as level 1 than it is as a max level 99. Oblivion is the same.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most Underrated/Overrated Video Games - by Inziladun - 04-12-2018, 01:56 PM