Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thank you Jacksonville

This past weekends trip was great! I appreciate all the suggestions. Hawkers was excellent and definitely one of the best parts of the trip. Had a great time at Hoptingers, Kickbacks, and then Intuition on game day. My only complaint is that [BLEEP] and other sporting good stores were gutted in terms of Jags gear. I managed to pick up one shirt there. The line at the stadium store was so ridiculous, even an hour and a half before the game. I will have to order more gear online. Drank plenty beers, had a teal burger, and jumped up and down like a little kid when Ramsey sealed it with the pick. Awesome experience and well worth the trip.

I predict the offense to be much better this week...playoff jitters out of the way. First team to 21 wins!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Glad you had a good time! I've never been to Jacksonville before, I hope to some day!

(01-09-2018, 03:41 PM)Brett Wrote: Glad you had a good time! I've never been to Jacksonville before, I hope to some day!

Very cool place. Its very large actually. I feel like being an uber driver there would be profitable! Based on there being alot of different areas, there was plenty to choose from in terms of bars, restaurants, and things to do.

(01-09-2018, 03:45 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 03:41 PM)Brett Wrote: Glad you had a good time! I've never been to Jacksonville before, I hope to some day!

Very cool place. Its very large actually. I feel like being an uber driver there would be profitable! Based on there being alot of different areas, there was plenty to choose from in terms of bars, restaurants, and things to do.

That's awesome. I have always loved Florida as a state so I know I would love it. As a kid every year, we would go down to Destin for family trips...this was way before Destin was well know like it is now. It was a no name town at the time.

I have been basically all over the state except for Jacksonville. Just driven by it but that's it.

(01-09-2018, 03:56 PM)Brett Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 03:45 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: Very cool place.  Its very large actually. I feel like being an uber driver there would be profitable! Based on there being alot of different areas, there was plenty to choose from in terms of bars, restaurants, and things to do.

That's awesome. I have always loved Florida as a state so I know I would love it. As a kid every year, we would go down to Destin for family trips...this was way before Destin was well know like it is now. It was a no name town at the time.

I have been basically all over the state except for Jacksonville. Just driven by it but that's it.

How did you become a Jags fan?
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(01-09-2018, 03:40 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: This past weekends trip was great! I appreciate all the suggestions. Hawkers was excellent and definitely one of the best parts of the trip. Had a great time at Hoptingers, Kickbacks, and then Intuition on game day. My only complaint is that [BLEEP] and other sporting good stores were gutted in terms of Jags gear. I managed to pick up one shirt there. The line at the stadium store was so ridiculous, even an hour and a half before the game. I will have to order more gear online. Drank plenty beers, had a teal burger, and jumped up and down like a little kid when Ramsey sealed it with the pick. Awesome experience and well worth the trip.

I predict the offense to be much better this week...playoff jitters out of the way. First team to 21 wins!

The Jags are finally good again, way more people got Jags stuff for Christmas this year.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2018, 04:40 PM by Brett.)

(01-09-2018, 03:59 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 03:56 PM)Brett Wrote: That's awesome. I have always loved Florida as a state so I know I would love it. As a kid every year, we would go down to Destin for family trips...this was way before Destin was well know like it is now. It was a no name town at the time.

How did you become a Jags fan?

They came into the league when I was 8 years old. As a kid, I absolutely loved their logo. So because of that I picked them as my team and for some reason stuck with them all the way through just because of that. I only have lived in Ohio, Mississippi, Tennessee and California.

The best Jags gear are at Dick's Sporting Goods or Academy Sports. If you are ordering online, try to check out those stores' online shops. They have the Division Champions gear too.

(01-09-2018, 06:44 PM)jaglyn Wrote: The best Jags gear are at Dick's Sporting Goods or Academy Sports. If you are ordering online, try to check out those stores' online shops. They have the Division Champions gear too.

I was in both those stores before Christmas.  I don’t know if they were picked over for gifts or not.  But I didn’t really find them to have a whole lot unless you’re looking for a jersey.   I ended up going to nflshop.com.

(01-09-2018, 04:39 PM)Brett Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 03:59 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: How did you become a Jags fan?

They came into the league when I was 8 years old. As a kid, I absolutely loved their logo. So because of that I picked them as my team and for some reason stuck with them all the way through just because of that. I only have lived in Ohio, Mississippi, Tennessee and California.

I met a fan in the bar this weekend that made the trip from Canada for the first time. I asked him how he became a fan and he said that the first year he played fantasy football, he wasn't sure how to play. His friend told him to draft Jimmy Smith and Fred Taylor, and he won the league in large part because of them. Fan ever since

I want to go see the jags at home someday, I saw them in indy once that was amazing to watch my first NFL game and it being my jags ? unfortunately meyers was.meyers and.lost cause of 3 missed FGs.
Jags 4 Life

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2018, 08:47 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

Yeah I mentioned Academy to you for Jags gear as they usually have a decent selection. I went there Saturday looking for a long sleeve Jags shirt and I was embarrassed by how little Jags clothing they had left. They definitely got picked over.

Glad you had a good time.

Also enjoyed my time in JAX. We actually hit some of the same spots I think haha. 

It is a large city, if I ever get to make it again I will plan on some more sightseeing activities.

I've always thought about making a trip. I've just been waiting for a year where we might actually win a game. I think I'll save the money and plan a trip next year.
No pain, no gain.

I actually convinced my wife to go to Jacksonville for the Ravens game in 2016 whilst we were over there..

It's more impressive that we were on honeymoon and she still agreed!

We joined up with Perkolater and his tailgate crew and had a blast.. apart from the result it was an amazing day and we have made some very good friends for life through it!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Surprised and pretty cool how many fans with no real ties to the city. I moved here in '99 and am pretty sure i'd stll be a dolphins fan if not for living here.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 05:12 PM by Brett.)

(01-11-2018, 04:42 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Surprised and pretty cool how many fans with no real ties to the city. I moved here in '99 and am pretty sure i'd stll be a dolphins fan if not for living here.

I'm just glad the Jaguars had such a cool logo in '95 when I was 8 years old. Or else I probably wouldn't be here Big Grin

(01-09-2018, 06:53 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 04:39 PM)Brett Wrote: They came into the league when I was 8 years old. As a kid, I absolutely loved their logo. So because of that I picked them as my team and for some reason stuck with them all the way through just because of that. I only have lived in Ohio, Mississippi, Tennessee and California.

I met a fan in the bar this weekend that made the trip from Canada for the first time. I asked him how he became a fan and he said that the first year he played fantasy football, he wasn't sure how to play. His friend told him to draft Jimmy Smith and Fred Taylor, and he won the league in large part because of them. Fan ever since

Funny, that's how I became a Brewers fan... 1st year playing fantasy baseball I had Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder, Corey Hart, Ben Sheets, JJ Hardy... won the league and started buying Brewers gear.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2018, 09:08 PM by D-Money.)

(01-09-2018, 03:40 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: This past weekends trip was great! I appreciate all the suggestions. Hawkers was excellent and definitely one of the best parts of the trip. Had a great time at Hoptingers, Kickbacks, and then Intuition on game day. My only complaint is that [BLEEP] and other sporting good stores were gutted in terms of Jags gear. I managed to pick up one shirt there. The line at the stadium store was so ridiculous, even an hour and a half before the game. I will have to order more gear online. Drank plenty beers, had a teal burger, and jumped up and down like a little kid when Ramsey sealed it with the pick. Awesome experience and well worth the trip.

I feel you, been a Jags fan since they came into the league. Last weekend was the first time I had ever been to Jacksonville. I'm from in NY originally so I seen them play the Jets a couple times. Move to Atlanta recently and with it being 5 hour drive I plan to make it to a lot more home games. The energy in the stadium was crazy! Whenever I am out I rarely meet another Jags fan so to be in the stadium seeing so much Teal, Black and gold was dope. Everybody yelling DUUUUUUUVVAALLLL...hopefully Titans win so we can have another home game after we beat the Steelers, I would def try to make it. Weekend was great tho, had a great time in the city and great time at the game.