Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CBS Sports Mock draft

(01-11-2018, 04:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I've love to see our 2 OT positions solidified for the next 10 years.

Cam had a strong start but he did struggle down the road.
He was essentially playing on one leg. Anyone would struggle under those circumstances.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-19-2018, 11:04 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 02:25 PM)JackCity Wrote: As of right now gimme

Will Hernandez G
Mark Andrews TE
James Daniels Center

Miss me on any wide receivers in round 1 but if it has to be anyone give me Auden Tate.

I'll say that I don't think any one position could make as big a difference in the win column as a true Road Grader at Guard. Linder is already that guy... to have another one right next to him would turn our run game into what the Vikings had with AP.

Draft Ragnow and move Linder back to RG.  Ragnow is an elite center already

(01-19-2018, 11:04 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 02:25 PM)JackCity Wrote: As of right now gimme

Will Hernandez G
Mark Andrews TE
James Daniels Center

Miss me on any wide receivers in round 1 but if it has to be anyone give me Auden Tate.

I'll say that I don't think any one position could make as big a difference in the win column as a true Road Grader at Guard. Linder is already that guy... to have another one right next to him would turn our run game into what the Vikings had with AP.

Yup and honestly I wouldn't be afraid to take two linemen in this draft. 

As flgators said Frank Ragnow would be another guy to target. Although ideally I'd keep Linder at center and upgrade the two guards. 

Omameh is a free agent this year but I'd like to see him back as depth at worst.  He's a serviceable starter.

(01-20-2018, 01:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 11:04 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: I'll say that I don't think any one position could make as big a difference in the win column as a true Road Grader at Guard. Linder is already that guy... to have another one right next to him would turn our run game into what the Vikings had with AP.

Draft Ragnow and move Linder back to RG.  Ragnow is an elite center already

Ragnow is a very good Center, I can't dispute that, but right now his pass protecting skills are significantly ahead of his run blocking abilities. Given that we are a run heavy team, I'd look for an interior lineman who is a little better at the run blocking side of things. It's just a personal preference with me. If Ragnow goes to a team that throws the ball a lot, he'll be an all pro pretty quickly. He's the best pass blocking Center in the draft. I have Billy Price ranked just a bit ahead of Ragnow, simply because I believe he is more balanced when it comes to pass protecting and run blocking, but both guys as well as James Daniels, Mason Cole and possibly Will Clapp should be starting in the NFL within the next 3 years. This is one of the better Center classes I have seen.

(01-19-2018, 11:46 AM)Upper Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 10:31 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: I would be down for Courtland Sutton, Malik Jefferson, Dallas Goedert, Mark Andrews, or an O-Lineman (T, G, C, doesn't matter). I think these are all realistic at our position but then again I'm sure someone will fall to us that we didn't expect (Roquan or Ridley would be awesome).

I've seen probably a dozen updated mocks this week and we've been given a mix of a few Suttons, a few Andrews, a few Harrisons, a Derwin James, and a Will Hernandez. Developing a top S prospect makes sense.

Derwin James, like roquan Smith would be a luxury pick but replacing gipson or church with Derwin would make our backfield even more impossible to work against.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2018, 07:52 AM by JackCity.)

(01-20-2018, 05:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 01:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Draft Ragnow and move Linder back to RG.  Ragnow is an elite center already

Ragnow is a very good Center, I can't dispute that, but right now his pass protecting skills are significantly ahead of his run blocking abilities. Given that we are a run heavy team, I'd look for an interior lineman who is a little better at the run blocking side of things. It's just a personal preference with me. If Ragnow goes to a team that throws the ball a lot, he'll be an all pro pretty quickly. He's the best pass blocking Center in the draft. I have Billy Price ranked just a bit ahead of Ragnow, simply because I believe he is more balanced when it comes to pass protecting and run blocking, but both guys as well as James Daniels, Mason Cole and possibly Will Clapp should be starting in the NFL within the next 3 years. This is one of the better Center classes I have seen.

Frank Ragnow is an absolute mauler in the run game and has been for some time. One of the best run blocking linemen in the entire draft. You actually have it backwards, he's a great pass protector but projects better in the run game than the pass.

In 2017 runs either side of Ragnow went for 5.5 yards. One of the highest marks in the nation I believe.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2018, 11:20 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-20-2018, 07:36 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 05:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Ragnow is a very good Center, I can't dispute that, but right now his pass protecting skills are significantly ahead of his run blocking abilities. Given that we are a run heavy team, I'd look for an interior lineman who is a little better at the run blocking side of things. It's just a personal preference with me. If Ragnow goes to a team that throws the ball a lot, he'll be an all pro pretty quickly. He's the best pass blocking Center in the draft. I have Billy Price ranked just a bit ahead of Ragnow, simply because I believe he is more balanced when it comes to pass protecting and run blocking, but both guys as well as James Daniels, Mason Cole and possibly Will Clapp should be starting in the NFL within the next 3 years. This is one of the better Center classes I have seen.

Frank Ragnow is an absolute mauler in the run game and has been for some time. One of the best run blocking linemen in the entire draft. You actually have it backwards, he's a great pass protector but projects better in the run game than the pass.

In 2017 runs either side of Ragnow went for 5.5 yards. One of the highest marks in the nation I believe.
This, Ragnow can do it all in pass protection and run blocking but he is a beast in the run game. He is equally as good at both imo, really has no weakness

(01-20-2018, 11:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 07:36 AM)JackCity Wrote: Frank Ragnow is an absolute mauler in the run game and has been for some time. One of the best run blocking linemen in the entire draft. You actually have it backwards, he's a great pass protector but projects better in the run game than the pass.

This, Ragnow can do it all in pass protection and run blocking but he is a beast in the run game.  He is equally as good at both imo, really has no weakness
He can probably play center+guard at a high level too. I'm all for it. Just not sure if you move Linder to fit in Ragnow or do you just let Ragnow adjust to guard.

(01-20-2018, 11:32 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 11:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This, Ragnow can do it all in pass protection and run blocking but he is a beast in the run game.  He is equally as good at both imo, really has no weakness
He can probably play center+guard at a high level too. I'm all for it. Just not sure if you move Linder to fit in Ragnow or do you just let Ragnow adjust to guard.

As good as Linder is at center, I think he is just as good or better at RG. I put Linder back at RG and have him as our backup C if Ragnow were to suffer an injury

(01-20-2018, 11:49 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 11:32 AM)JackCity Wrote: He can probably play center+guard at a high level too. I'm all for it. Just not sure if you move Linder to fit in Ragnow or do you just let Ragnow adjust to guard.

As good as Linder is at center, I think he is just as good or better at RG. I put Linder back at RG and have him as our backup C if Ragnow were to suffer an injury
I'd rather have the experienced center and a rookie guard than the other way around.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2018, 04:24 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-20-2018, 07:36 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 05:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Ragnow is a very good Center, I can't dispute that, but right now his pass protecting skills are significantly ahead of his run blocking abilities. Given that we are a run heavy team, I'd look for an interior lineman who is a little better at the run blocking side of things. It's just a personal preference with me. If Ragnow goes to a team that throws the ball a lot, he'll be an all pro pretty quickly. He's the best pass blocking Center in the draft. I have Billy Price ranked just a bit ahead of Ragnow, simply because I believe he is more balanced when it comes to pass protecting and run blocking, but both guys as well as James Daniels, Mason Cole and possibly Will Clapp should be starting in the NFL within the next 3 years. This is one of the better Center classes I have seen.

I can only judge what I saw. I was only able to catch two Razorbacks games this season against Alabama and Ole Miss., (the only two games available in my area.) The running game was shut down in both games. I know Ragnow did not allow a sack this year though. I have him going high in round 2. Cincinnati is in desperate need of a Center and I believe he will be their target, if Price is gone.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2018, 05:12 PM by Upper.)

As much as I like Hernandez, and as good as y'all make Ragnow sound (I haven't studied him), I still think a potentially game breaking TE like Andrews or Goedert helps our offense so much more than an interior lineman. Our line is somewhere between above average to legitimately good as is. Our TE corps are probably the worst in the league.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 04:51 AM by JackCity.)

(01-20-2018, 04:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 07:36 AM)JackCity Wrote: Frank Ragnow is an absolute mauler in the run game and has been for some time. One of the best run blocking linemen in the entire draft. You actually have it backwards, he's a great pass protector but projects better in the run game than the pass.

I can only judge what I saw. I was only able to catch two Razorbacks games this season against Alabama and Ole Miss., (the only two games available in my area.) The running game was shut down in both games. I know Ragnow did not allow a sack this year though. I have him going high in round 2. Cincinnati is in desperate need of a Center and I believe he will be their target, if Price is gone.

Most college rushing attacks get destroyed by Alabama and Arkansas ran for 250+  Vs Ole Miss. Ragnow was very very good in that one. 

Better all round player than Price imo.

(01-20-2018, 05:12 PM)Upper Wrote: As much as I like Hernandez, and as good as y'all make Ragnow sound (I haven't studied him), I still think a potentially game breaking TE like Andrews or Goedert helps our offense so much more than an interior lineman. Our line is somewhere between above average to legitimately good as is. Our TE corps are probably the worst in the league.

Andrews yeah I'd take him over an Oline man. Goedert I've heard is amazing but haven't watched as much as I'd like.

The tight end group is deep enough that the Jaguars will have the opportunity to get a significant upgrade in the 2nd round. If they can find a mauling offensive lineman in the 1st round whom they feel is significantly better than the next best guy, I think that should be the pick in the first round. Hernandez in the first and Gesicki or Goeddert in the 2nd would be fine with me.

All the other 3 teams had above average TEs that have impact on offense. We need to address this position now. No more half attempts at trying to fill the position. Make a concerted effort to get this position occupied with top talent.

I never understood how regular folks have the time to watch interior lineman on losing college football teams. That's dedication!

I would love to see us grab an offensive lineman early. For some reason I've seen a few mock drafts with DaRon Payne falling to late first round. Not sure I believe it but if in the off chance he did, would love to see us get him. Obviously we could still use some pass rush up the middle. We could still grab some quality offensive lineman in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.