Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting...........

Quote:Bortles will become great when he leaves Jacksonville for a good market like NY Jets. Remember this post......it WILL happen. (From agent).

Ah yes the Jets, master QB makers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Bad throwing mechanics? Nothing to do with Bortles, all coaching.

That is 100% coaching. Are you joking? When a 24 year old QB says "I don't know what I'm doing wrong" and your head coach is "clapping after losses", it's 100% coaching. 

Quote:Easily. The talent is there; Bortles, Hurns, and A Rob. You're telling me these people are less talented players than Garropolo, Edelman, Dion Lewis, Amendola? Coaching is everything. Coaches put players in the RIGHT SPOTS. Inmates run the asylum in Jacksonville. This incompetent staff took 4 weeks to even play Myles Jack with a #26 ranked scoring defense. 

Sure, call me a child when you can't debate properly.
Irony at it's finest.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 01:36 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:People here always knew that Del Rio overachieved with the talent, but there were always rumors that he lacked a work ethic and his defenses were suffereing at times as well.

Del Rio's defenses never suffered. You don't know what you're talking about. When Del Rio was in Jacksonville they were consistently top 5-14 scoring defense. They were just lacking a down the field QB and WRs. When Del Rio left Jacksonville, the Jags have consistently been a #26-#31 scoring defense and haven't improved since. 

Quote:So your telling me that our defense has improved in ppg allowed, but we are still losing? Blake regressed, you proved it!

2016- Jags allowed 26.7 PPG- WORST IN NFL in penalties and WORST in takeaways

2015- Jags allowed 28.0 PPG

2014- Jags allowed 25.8 PPG

2013- Jags allowed 28.1 PPG

That's Gus Bradley (#26-#31 scoring defenses). It's the scheme. It's the coach. The players have changed. The statistics and the losses haven't. 

You call that above improvement? I have a timeshare to sell you. 

Quote:That is 100% coaching. Are you joking? When a 24 year old QB says "I don't know what I'm doing wrong" and your head coach is "clapping after losses", it's 100% coaching. 

I have to agree with the bolded.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:People here always knew that Del Rio overachieved with the talent, but there were always rumors that he lacked a work ethic and his defenses were suffereing at times as well.

When things are going bad, there's always a fall guy and people want a fresh start.  That's how it goes in the NFL.

I really wanted them to fire JDR and even now, I'm still not upset we moved on from him. I don't think he will win be a SB coach. What I do have a problem with is what we replaced him with. I was a big fan of Gus year 1 and even year 2. But he should have been let go after the second year, definitely after his 3rd. There's absolutely no reason he should be allowed to continue coaching this team right now.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 01:50 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:I really wanted them to fire JDR and even now, I'm still not upset we moved on from him. I don't think he will win be a SB coach. What I do have a problem with is what we replaced him with. I was a big fan of Gus year 1 and even year 2. But he should have been let go after the second year, definitely after his 3rd. There's absolutely no reason he should be allowed to continue coaching this team right now.

I couldn't agree more. I think Del Rio can be a playoff coach and probably will with the Raiders talent but I don't see him as a Super Bowl winning HC. The Jags hires of Mike Mularkey and Gus Bradley are two of the worst hires I've seen in the modern era. Neither of those two are winning at any level with any talent. 

Jags need a proven winner as a HC who's got a spine like Coughlin. If not Coughlin due to age, they need an old school coach. This team clearly lacks focus and discipline. It's a bunch of young kids just going out and collecting NFL paychecks.....these players are just going through the motions and happy to be here mainly because GUS BRADLEY is just happy to be here. Zero fire. Zero emotion. It shows in their play when 14 penalties for 123 yards equals Gus Bradley clapping. Tom Coughlin would have fired players on the field if they had 14 penalties.

It's embarrassing. 

Quote:Easily. The talent is there; Bortles, Hurns, and A Rob. You're telling me these people are less talented players than Garropolo, Edelman, Dion Lewis, Amendola? Coaching is everything. Coaches put players in the RIGHT SPOTS. Inmates run the asylum in Jacksonville. This incompetent staff took 4 weeks to even play Myles Jack with a #26 ranked scoring defense. 

Sure, call me a child when you can't debate properly.

I thought our receivers are the worst in the NFL because they can't get separation and drop too many balls? Are they among the best talent wise or not?

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 01:56 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:I thought our receivers are the worst in the NFL because they can't get separation and drop too many balls? Are they among the best talent wise or not?

100% coaching. A Rob and Hurns and Bortles all have talent. All 3 are having bad years. These coaches are inept. Chris Ivory is NEVER used; guy is a 4.6 ypc back on the Jets. He comes to Jax and he's seen less than bigfoot. This coaching staff would make Tom Brady look like Josh McCown. Julius Thomas isn't used correctly either. Jacksonville is where offensive free agents careers go to die.

Quote:100% coaching. A Rob and Hurns and Bortles all have talent. These coaches are inept. Chris Ivory is NEVER used; guy is a 4.6 ypc back on the Jets. He comes to Jax and he's seen less than bigfoot. This coaching staff would make Tom Brady look like Josh McCown.

What area of talent is not included in "coaching"? I mean, these are multi-million dollar NFL players after all. Do you think a NFL QB needs to be coached to throw it accurate? Do you think a NFL QB needs to be coached to not drop the ball below his waste? Do you think an NFL QB needs to be coached to not throw a ball in triple coverage? Do you think an NFL WR needs to be coached on how to catch a pass?

All of these things should have been coached BEFORE the NFL which is the reason they were drafted. Does that not mean that they will not need work along the way? Most certainly not. But there are high school QB's with better mechanics than Blake Bortles.

In your mind (serious question), when do we stop blaming the coaches and see that it is in fact the player at fault? Either lack of talent or lack of preparation.

Quote:I have to agree with the bolded.
I don't think anyone is claiming this coaching staff has no flaws and they're not effecting Blake. In fact, they are probably a big reason as to why Blake has looked god awful. 

But Spacecoast is acting like Blake has no flaws and he is perfect and way better than a former MVP.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 02:11 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:What area of talent is not included in "coaching"? I mean, these are multi-million dollar NFL players after all. Do you think a NFL QB needs to be coached to throw it accurate? Do you think a NFL QB needs to be coached to not drop the ball below his waste? Do you think an NFL QB needs to be coached to not throw a ball in triple coverage? Do you think an NFL WR needs to be coached on how to catch a pass?

All of these things should have been coached BEFORE the NFL which is the reason they were drafted. Does that not mean that they will not need work along the way? Most certainly not. But there are high school QB's with better mechanics than Blake Bortles.

In your mind (serious question), when do we stop blaming the coaches and see that it is in fact the player at fault? Either lack of talent or lack of preparation.

I believe a 24 year QB should NEVER say "I don't know what I'm doing wrong". Bortles is just a kid being honest. Bortles didn't say that at UCF with George O'Leary's 50 years of coaching experience and Charlie Taafe's 40 years as OC and QB coach. His coaches in Jacksonville don't have a CLUE. It really shows in the NFL history WORST (14-40) record. I mean this is rock bottom. It can't get worse when it comes to coaching. The offense isn't good. The defense isn't good. The special teams isn't even good. 

It's common sense what is happening and Khan is busy giving kumbiya meetings.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 02:12 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote: 

In your mind (serious question), when do we stop blaming the coaches and see that it is in fact the player at fault?

Obvious......when Bortles has a GOOD coach and fails. 

Quote:I believe a 24 year QB should NEVER say "I don't know what I'm doing wrong". Bortles is just a kid being honest. Bortles didn't say that at UCF with George O'Leary's 50 years of coaching experience and Charlie Taafe's 40 years as OC and QB coach. His coaches in Jacksonville don't have a CLUE. It really shows in the NFL history WORST (14-40) record. I mean this is rock bottom. It can't get worse when it comes to coaching. The offense isn't good. The defense isn't good. The special teams isn't even good.

It's common sense what is happening and Khan is busy giving kumbiya meetings.

I think Bortles lied. He was asked the same exact question 3 weeks later and said he knew what the problems were but couldn't work on them during the season.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 02:15 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:I think Bortles lied. He was asked the same exact question 3 weeks later and said he knew what the problems were but couldn't work on them during the season.

You can think whatever you want but the point LAST YEAR Bortles was good and THIS YEAR Bortles isn't good. For age 23-age 24 quarterbacks, inconsistency is VERY COMMON.

GUS BRADLEY AND STAFF HAVEN'T BEEN GOOD FOR 4 YEARS. I don't know what to tell you. It's a defensive coach who can't even improve the scoring defense.

Quote:I think Bortles lied. 

If anything Bortles is frustrated. He's extremely competitive. He's not a Manziel or Jay Cutler malcontent. Bortles WANTS to win. It's hard to win when you're 24 and you're getting zero help from a sprinkles head coach.

Quote:You can think whatever you want but the point LAST YEAR Bortles was good and THIS YEAR Bortles isn't good. For age 23-age 24 quarterbacks, inconsistency is VERY COMMON.

GUS BRADLEY AND STAFF HAVEN'T BEEN GOOD FOR 4 YEARS. I don't know what to tell you. It's a defensive coach who can't even improve the scoring defense.

And you can think what you want. Bortles has regressed and is terrible this year.

Quote:Del Rio's defenses never suffered. You don't know what you're talking about. When Del Rio was in Jacksonville they were consistently top 5-14 scoring defense. They were just lacking a down the field QB and WRs. When Del Rio left Jacksonville, the Jags have consistently been a #26-#31 scoring defense and haven't improved since. 

Really?  Making up [BLEEP] again.  Del Rio's defense had three good years.  As a matter of fact, they were very similar to Bradley led teams his last four years.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:You can think whatever you want but the point LAST YEAR Bortles was good and THIS YEAR Bortles isn't good. For age 23-age 24 quarterbacks, inconsistency is VERY COMMON.

Think about what you just wrote.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.