Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Concerned About the Jags Motivation

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 06:11 PM by Omaha's Number 1JAGSFAN.)

The Jags already completely dominated Pittsburgh this season along with the rest of the AFC North. Even as a die hard fan, I've made alternate plans for the second half as Pittsburgh wasn't even competitive the first time around. We have gotten better as the season has gone along, and they have gotten worse. Yes they won their soft division, but any team not in the AFC North would have won that divisionl. If I am feeling this way, I am wondering if our players echo the same sentiments. If the NFL wonders why ratings are down, its because of mismatches like these in a divisional play off game. I think the playoff committee did a very poor job with seedings and awarding home field advantage to teams inferior to the Jags.

The only way we lose this game is if we just aren't motivated and are looking ahead to our game vs. Tennessee the following week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Should we pull down our AFC Central Championship Banner and take it with us and place it on the sideline. lol

(01-11-2018, 06:08 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: The Jags already completely dominated Pittsburgh this season along with the rest of the AFC North. Even as a die hard fan, I've made alternate plans for the second half as Pittsburgh wasn't even competitive the first time around. We have gotten better as the season has gone along, and they have gotten worse. Yes they won their soft division, but any team not in the AFC North would have won that divisionl. If I am feeling this way, I am wondering if our players echo the same sentiments. If the NFL wonders why ratings are down, its because of mismatches like these in a divisional play off game. I think the playoff committee did a very poor job with seedings and awarding home field advantage to teams inferior to the Jags.

The only way we lose this game is if we just aren't motivated and are looking ahead to our game vs. Tennessee the following week.

The selection and the seedings totally sucked.  Leaving the Compton Chargers out of the playoffs and seeding the Jags #6 is just another example of the NFL discriminating against gangs and small market teams respectively.

Motivation is totally at an all time low here at work so I can only imagine what the Jags are dealing with under these circumstances.

No issues.

No one is giving us a chance. The media is already talking about Pitt vs NE.

WE UP

The motivation should be fine. Now, if only the weather would cooperate.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

0% concern about motivation. These guys on our team are extremely emotional so I think that triggers into them wanting it badly.

But as we have seen with penalties in past games, emotion can be a good and bad thing.

Not sure how you question motivation during the “one and done” playoffs. There is a lot to prove regardless of week 5 outcome.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-11-2018, 07:19 PM)rocdee Wrote: No issues.

No one is giving us a chance. The media is already talking about Pitt vs NE.

WE UP

Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks both picked us to win so not everyone is against us.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-11-2018, 06:08 PM)Omaha's Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: The Jags already completely dominated Pittsburgh this season along with the rest of the AFC North. Even as a die hard fan, I've made alternate plans for the second half as Pittsburgh wasn't even competitive the first time around. We have gotten better as the season has gone along, and they have gotten worse. Yes they won their soft division, but any team not in the AFC North would have won that divisionl. If I am feeling this way, I am wondering if our players echo the same sentiments. If the NFL wonders why ratings are down, its because of mismatches like these in a divisional play off game. I think the playoff committee did a very poor job with seedings and awarding home field advantage to teams inferior to the Jags.

I agree. Might as well be playing the Browns. I just hope Bortles is motivated. IF not, he will probably only throw for 250 yds and 2 TDS.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Great to see Omaha back in the mix. Now my week is complete.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

If you are a professional at what you do and can't get motivated when you're one game from having a shot at the world championship then you aren't even in the realm of what you should be doing.
No pain, no gain.

[Image: Omaha.jpg]

classic omaha

We're like a 7 point underdog. Nobody expects the Jaguars to win or stay within a touchdown.

Tell them to google "Jacksonville Jaguars Might Getcha". They will come across a terribly grainy youtube vid of the last Jags team to make the playoffs and beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. The song playing in that video is one that the defense used to come out to called "Might Getcha" by David Banner. (warning, the vulgar lyrics are not for the faint at heart.) I don't know why but the beat and tempo of that song used to turn our guys into rabid dogs. Listening to it just now brings back memories and I can't wait to see this dominant defense get after it Sunday.

(01-12-2018, 07:45 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: If you are a professional at what you do and can't get motivated when you're one game from having a shot at the world championship then you aren't even in the realm of what you should be doing.

You need to check your math.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7BkxijWMcOp1jGMR_CaN...CKgkFPbtXM]