Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
@ Cowboys on Thanksgiving?

Got a text from someone saying they heard it on the radio...I googled it, no luck.

Has anyone else heard we're playing @ Dallas on Thanksgiving?
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-12-2018, 02:59 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Got a text from someone saying they heard it on the radio...I googled it, no luck.

I haven't heard it... but
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/7p...ving_next/
this reddit poster says he heard it on Dallas radio...

I'm wondering if perhaps they were just talking about the possibility of it.
But still... Eagles in London, @Dallas for turkey day, Pats, Pitt at home.... solid schedule of primetime (or national coverage for London) possibilities.

(01-12-2018, 03:12 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 02:59 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Got a text from someone saying they heard it on the radio...I googled it, no luck.

I haven't heard it... but

But still... Eagles in London, @Dallas for turkey day, Pats, Pitt at home.... solid schedule of primetime (or national coverage for London) possibilities.

Schedule doesn't come out until April.  I would think this is a rumor...but who knows.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-12-2018, 03:14 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 03:12 PM)Kane Wrote: I haven't heard it... but

Schedule doesn't come out until April.  I would think this is a rumor...but who knows.

Indeed...

Looking at the Boys home opponents
New York Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Detroit.
Detroit is out, they get their own turkey day game.
I don't recall if they do divisional games for Turkey Day.... but if so, those are all options.
I would think Tampa wouldn't quite be the draw next year. 

My best guess of these opponents are ourselves or the Saints.

Either Detroit or Dallas get an AFC visitor for Turkey day to give CBS a game to broadcast. It will probably come down to tacks or us unless they want Detroit to be on CBS.
Detroit Home games: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Carolina Panthers

Reviewing the last 7 years and they have expanded to 3 games so they have used division match ups more and more for both Dallas and Detroit.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I'll be surprised if it happens but not because of the Jaguars team or overall franchise.

FOX and CBS rotate Thanksgiving Day games from the standpoint that one season FOX is in Detroit, the next season FOX is in Dallas. With CBS, the opposite.

Being that CBS was in Dallas in 2017, based on history that extends well over two decades, CBS will be televising the Lions 2018 Thanksgiving Day game.

With the Patriots one of the 2 Lions home AFC opponents in 2018 ( the Jets are the other ), I would be surprised if the Patriots aren't the Lions 2018 Thanksgiving Game opponent. The Lions hosted the Patriots on Thanksgiving Day the last 3 times the teams played in the regular season at Detroit.

Because there are NFC opponents for the Cowboys that FOX and the NFL would very likely be more than comfortable with on Thanksgiving Day, I don't think they will move an AFC team to that slot.

(01-12-2018, 04:00 PM)D6 Wrote: I'll be surprised if it happens but not because of the Jaguars team or overall franchise.  

FOX and CBS rotate Thanksgiving Day games from the standpoint that one season FOX is in Detroit,  the next season FOX is in Dallas.  With CBS,  the opposite.  

Being that CBS was in Dallas in 2017,   based on history that extends well over two decades,  CBS will be televising the Lions 2018 Thanksgiving Day game.  

With the Patriots one of the 2 Lions home AFC opponents in 2018  ( the Jets are the other ),  I would be surprised if the Patriots aren't the Lions 2018 Thanksgiving Game opponent.  The Lions hosted the Patriots on Thanksgiving Day the last 3 times the teams played in the regular season at Detroit.  

Because there are NFC opponents for the Cowboys that FOX and the NFL would very likely be more than comfortable with on Thanksgiving Day,   I don't think they will move an AFC team to that slot.

They really aren't alternating NFC/AFC anymore though.  Detroit has played 5 straight NFC teams, including Minnesota back to back.  Dallas played 3 straight NFC teams from 2014-16. While I think a Pats-Lions and Eagles-Cowboys lineup has a good chance of happening, I would say it has little to do with the Fox/CBS scheduling.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2018, 04:53 PM by D6.)

(01-12-2018, 04:15 PM)empty Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 04:00 PM)D6 Wrote: I'll be surprised if it happens but not because of the Jaguars team or overall franchise.  

FOX and CBS rotate Thanksgiving Day games from the standpoint that one season FOX is in Detroit,  the next season FOX is in Dallas.  With CBS,  the opposite.  

Being that CBS was in Dallas in 2017,   based on history that extends well over two decades,  CBS will be televising the Lions 2018 Thanksgiving Day game.  

With the Patriots one of the 2 Lions home AFC opponents in 2018  ( the Jets are the other ),  I would be surprised if the Patriots aren't the Lions 2018 Thanksgiving Game opponent.  The Lions hosted the Patriots on Thanksgiving Day the last 3 times the teams played in the regular season at Detroit.  

Because there are NFC opponents for the Cowboys that FOX and the NFL would very likely be more than comfortable with on Thanksgiving Day,   I don't think they will move an AFC team to that slot.

They really aren't alternating NFC/AFC anymore though.  Detroit has played 5 straight NFC teams, including Minnesota back to back.  Dallas played 3 straight NFC teams from 2014-16. While I think a Pats-Lions and Eagles-Cowboys lineup has a good chance of happening, I would say it has little to do with the Fox/CBS scheduling.

Yet,  the reason why Detroit played 5 straight NFC teams is the AFC opponent options were probably not considered good enough in those given seasons.  Even with Jim Schwartz as the Bills Defensive Coordinator the first season after being fired as Lions HC,  the NFL/ CBS selected the Bears instead of the Bills as the Lions 2014 Thanksgiving Day opponent.  Miami was the other AFC choice.   Regarding the 2016 options,  the Jaguars of today would be viewed as a much better option than the Jaguars back then.  The same with Tennessee.   If Jacksonville or Tennessee where they are currently was on the Lions home 2018 schedule,  I think one of those two teams would have be selected.

If this does turn out to he true, it will not be a happy Thanksgiving at my house. My wife is a Dallas fan
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-12-2018, 04:58 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: If this does turn out to he true, it will not be a happy Thanksgiving at my house. My wife is a Dallas fan

Sounds like grounds for divorce  Wink

(01-12-2018, 05:34 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 04:58 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: If this does turn out to he true, it will not be a happy Thanksgiving at my house. My wife is a Dallas fan

Sounds like grounds for divorce  Wink

Sounds like a great opportunity for a ‘friendly’ bet.  (Wink wink).  Hope your house is big enough to step away from the in laws to cash in on the bet.

(01-12-2018, 05:39 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 05:34 PM)scottyg Wrote: Sounds like grounds for divorce  Wink

Sounds like a great opportunity for a ‘friendly’ bet.  (Wink wink).  Hope your house is big enough to step away from the in laws to cash in on the bet.

That's precisely how our daughter came about 9 months after the London matchup hahaha
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Hopefully the Hal of Fame game isn’t considered a home game.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

[Image: image.gif?w=400&c=1]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]