Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Thomas possible trade?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-tr...oe-thomas/

Apparently even though they came out and said he's not being traded (I never buy that BS in pro sports) they would want a 2nd round pick for him. 

Where should he go? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jaguars, move beachum to RT.

The Browns said they are not trading him.

^ They tried to trade him last year. They offered the Broncos a deal, but I think it was too much for Denver to give up (IIRC).

Hue Jackson said they would not trade Joe Thomas this year. However, I'm not sure I totally believe that.

Even if they tried to trade him, they'd probably want too much again.

Quote:^ They tried to trade him last year. They offered the Broncos a deal, but I think it was too much for Denver to give up (IIRC).

Hue Jackson said they would not trade Joe Thomas this year. However, I'm not sure I totally believe that.

Even if they tried to trade him, they'd probably want too much again.

Only what they said very recently matters, not trade talks last season.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 09:07 AM by jagherd.)

^ You know that coaches/managers/owners/players in every sport say things like that, and then turn around a short time later and do the very thing they said they wouldn't do. It happens all the time.

Maybe they'll try to trade Joe Thomas, maybe they won't. Even if they do, they'll want too much anyway.

**side note - I feel bad for Thomas. He's been a very solid player for a long time, stuck on a team that has had NO CHANCE of any success his entire career.

Normally, I like when good players stay with one team most of their careers (on the team that drafted them). In Thomas' case though, he could've had much brighter career elsewhere. He still got recognized as a good player, but he never got any big time recognition, high publicity, playoff bonuses,, etc.

His prime was completely wasted in that dumpster fire Cleveland.

He might've been a HOF candidate if he played somewhere like Denver, Dallas, Green Bay, etc...

What a waste.

Denver would have been a good team to trade with. The Broncos OL was a mess.

Quote:Denver would have been a good team to trade with. The Broncos OL was a mess.

Agree. They tried to make it happen, but Cleveland wanted way too much. He would've been a great fit for Denver.

Quote:Agree. They tried to make it happen, but Cleveland wanted way too much. He would've been a great fit for Denver.

One reason I love John Elway is he makes sure none of his player transactions are way above their worth. This is the same reason Colin Kaepernick trade attempts failed.

Fortunately Russell Okung is working out well so far.

Quote:^ You know that coaches/managers/owners/players in every sport say things like that, and then turn around a short time later and do the very thing they said they wouldn't do. It happens all the time.

Maybe they'll try to trade Joe Thomas, maybe they won't. Even if they do, they'll want too much anyway.

**side note - I feel bad for Thomas. He's been a very solid player for a long time, stuck on a team that has had NO CHANCE of any success his entire career.

Normally, I like when good players stay with one team most of their careers (on the team that drafted them). In Thomas' case though, he could've had much brighter career elsewhere. He still got recognized as a good player, but he never got any big time recognition, high publicity, playoff bonuses,, etc.

His prime was completely wasted in that dumpster fire Cleveland.

He might've been a HOF candidate if he played somewhere like Denver, Dallas, Green Bay, etc...

What a waste.

Yeah that's what I was trying to make clear. Normally when rumors turn up about someone being on the trade block they're usually gone if the team gets what they're asking. 

About his career being wasted, yeah that sucks. 

This is an easy move for the vikings if i were them.