Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rapoport reports Bradley will Not be fired midseason

Quote:Shad Khan said it. He won't fire Gus Bradley before January 2 because it would not change anything. I don't remember his exact statement, but it was something to that effect.

If you get a chance,  please find me a quote.   I gladly will try to comment on exactly what Shad Khan said at that time.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Being as that this is the Jags we're talking about, I fully believe yeah he won't be fired before the season is over. That would just make too much sense. 

Quote:Being as that this is the Jags we're talking about, I fully believe yeah he won't be fired before the season is over. That would just make too much sense. 

You might be proven correct.   But in trying to look at the Jaguars situation objectively,   it's really hard to envision the team's coaching staff remaining intact if the Jaguars lose tomorrow and the team's Offense struggles again.   Especially,  with 10 days to the next game and the overall weakness of the AFC South.   I think there's at least a 45 % chance the team that wins this division won't be better than 8-8.

This is such a Jags response to firing Gus. What an inept organization from top to bottom. 

Quote:Shad Khan said it. He won't fire Gus Bradley before January 2 because it would not change anything. I don't remember his exact statement, but it was something to that effect.
I don't believe Khan has ever come out and said anything like that. He did say long ago that he wouldn't fire a coach midseason, but that must be taken into consideration along with the fact that he changed Fulham managers like he changes his underwear.

Quote:  You might be proven correct.   But in trying to look at the Jaguars situation objectively,   it's really hard to envision the team's coaching staff remaining intact if the Jaguars lose tomorrow and the team's Offense struggles again.   Especially,  with 10 days to the next game and the overall weakness of the AFC South.   I think there's at least a 45 % chance the team that wins this division won't be better than 8-8.

Oh trust me, I'm fully on board with him getting the axe, especially if we lose tomorrow. I just literally don't think it will happen. I would be extremely shocked if he were let go Friday morning. 

We can only hope that some of those individual players Khan talked to today told him that Gus needs to go now. Period. Help us random Jaguars players, you're our only hope.

Quote:Color me surprised. Khan is so soft. Who has a round table with a bunch of 22% winners? A guy who doesn't have a clue. That's who. Do you think Khan will ever compete against the Rooneys, Jerry Jones, Krafts? No. They have a fire in their belly and know how to win. They don't coddle losers like Gus Bradley. This is a sad franchise.

When have any of those owners fired a coach midseason?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Oh trust me, I'm fully on board with him getting the axe, especially if we lose tomorrow. I just literally don't think it will happen. I would be extremely shocked if he were let go Friday morning. 

Though I think there's a better than even chance Gus Bradley is fired a day or two after tomorrow night's game if the Jaguars lose and the Offense is more of a liability than an asset,  even if Bradley survives,   I truly believe someone ( s ) from his coaching staff won't.  Most likely on the Offensive side of the ball.  Shad Khan and Dave Caldwell would truly have to ask the question,  why will things be better with the team's Offense collectively in the final 9 games than in the first 7 games?  

Quote:When have any of those owners fired a coach midseason?

The only time I can think of when this happened is when Jerry Jones fired Wade Phillips in the middle of the 2010 season. 

Quote:The only time I can think of when this happened is when Jerry Jones fired Wade Phillips in the middle of the 2010 season.

And they had exactly one winning season since then, then immediately crashed afterwards.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:And they had exactly one winning season since then, then immediately crashed afterwards.

A strong case can be made that despite the Cowboys current 5-1 record,  they could do noticeably better at the HC than Jason Garrett.  

As for the Jaguars situation,  so much comes down to how much Shad Khan and Dave Caldwell want to salvage this season.  If a coaching change is made,  the team would still have an uphill battle to win the AFC South,  especially with a divisional loss tomorrow night.  Yet, with a loss at Tennessee,  a team that's dealing with a major injury situation in the interior of their Offensive Line and in the Secondary,  it's hard to imagine the Jaguars getting back on track if the coaching staff remains intact.   

Quote:When have any of those owners fired a coach midseason?

What about Barry Switzer, Wade Philips, Chan Gailey . . . Jason Garrett is the only HC he has been patient with.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 01:54 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:  The only time I can think of when this happened is when Jerry Jones fired Wade Phillips in the middle of the 2010 season. 

Wade Philips was also the DC, so The Cowboys lost two jobs by firing one person.

Quote:What about Barry Switzer, Wade Philips, Chan Gailey . . . Jason Garrett is the only HC he has been patient with.

Only Wade Phillips lost his job with the Cowboys during a season.

Quote:Wade Philips was also the DC, so The Cowboys lost two jobs by firing one person.

A 1-7 start often has major ramifications.   It not only could lead to coaching changes.  But also to Team Presidents and GMs being let go.  

Quote:A strong case can be made that despite the Cowboys current 5-1 record,  they could do noticeably better at the HC than Jason Garrett.  

As for the Jaguars situation, so much comes down to how much Shad Khan and Dave Caldwell want to salvage this season. If a coaching change is made,  the team would still have an uphill battle to win the AFC South, especially with a divisional loss tomorrow night. Yet, with a loss at Tennessee,  a team that's dealing with a major injury situation in the interior of their Offensive Line and in the Secondary, it's hard to imagine the Jaguars getting back on track if the coaching staff remains intact.   

I am staying up too late to get this topic off my head when I lie down and relax. It is not an easy day to think about the futures of people who gave us so much we really needed.

Quote:I am staying up too late to get this topic off my head when I lie down and relax. It is not an easy day to think about the futures of people who gave us so much we really needed.

It's not pleasant when change seriously has to be considered,  whether it's with front office people, coaches,  players, or others assisting in a sports organization.  But in reality,  sometimes it's necessary.  

Quote:I don't believe Khan has ever come out and said anything like that. He did say long ago that he wouldn't fire a coach midseason, but that must be taken into consideration along with the fact that he changed Fulham managers like he changes his underwear.
Two different animals...From reading other threads, it has become apparent that coaches and managers change often in england football...What Khan has said multiple times is that firing a coach mid season would not make a big enough difference in the outcome of a season to make sense to do so...

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 03:30 AM by BassX97.)

Lets go by statistics, When has a mid-season coach firing/hiring ever produced a complete turn around that ended that team in being in the playoffs? I know for the last decade it hasn't happened and most of the time those coaches ended up less than .500 . 

This is what Khan is probably looking at. Firing Bradley mid-season literally will do nothing but appease fans and make him look bad to potential prospects down the road. Want a look at Marrone? Dont bother. He isn't worth a crap either. I absolutely believe 100% Bradley is done after the season and possibly Caldwell too if Bortles continues to struggle which I see happening. Robinson and Hurns bailed Bortles out so many times last year it was unreal. I and everyone else just tricked ourselves into believing he was elite. 

Everyone just needs to brace themselves because we are headed toward another rebuilding project. 

Can't wait to see whats next.