Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clete Blakeman will be referee for AFC Championship Game

Oh, that's Blake's man. We got this.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-16-2018, 07:13 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: "Pats are 3-5 with Blakeman as referee"

I like that.

And soon to be 3-6. JAGS!

(01-16-2018, 11:40 PM)Tuxedo Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 06:58 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m glad he’s Clete  Blakeman and not Clete Tomman.

This is a quality bad joke.

I agree it is bad, really bad.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018, 10:13 AM by Kane.)

"For example, he was at the helm when the Patriots traveled to Charlotte to face the Carolina Panthers on Monday Night Football, a game that ended on an egregious non-pass interference call on Rob Gronkowski by Luke Kuechly that cost New England the game. "
and
"If the Cleveland Browns can beat the 14-2 2010 Patriots 34-3 with Blakeman involved, then just about anything is possible when the Jaguars come to Foxboro on Sunday."

Is the fix in for the Jaguars?
(Also referencing the whole bunch of non calls that went our Ds way this past weekend)

(01-16-2018, 06:51 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 06:48 PM)rollerjag Wrote: i don't want to know how you know this.

Same way I knew about the other ref’s tats.   Let’s just keep it at that.

Here, use this next time: "Pillow talk - his wife told me."

(01-17-2018, 11:26 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 06:51 PM)Jags Wrote: Same way I knew about the other ref’s tats.   Let’s just keep it at that.

Here, use this next time: "Pillow talk - his wife told me."

You mean the lady on the left? [Image: blakeman-family.jpg]

(01-17-2018, 12:48 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 11:26 AM)scottyg Wrote: Here, use this next time: "Pillow talk - his wife told me."

You mean the lady on the left? [Image: blakeman-family.jpg]

Dang!  Ole Clete married up!

That’s actually a really cute pic and I never use that word. Pretty funny how the daughter looks just like Mom and son looks just like Dad. Good stuff.

Clete... Blakeman?

Championship!!!!

Looks like Skinner from The X-Files.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2018, 10:31 AM by tyus.)

[Image: 22wo5x.gif]

(01-17-2018, 10:12 AM)Kane Wrote: "For example, he was at the helm when the Patriots traveled to Charlotte to face the Carolina Panthers on Monday Night Football, a game that ended on an egregious non-pass interference call on Rob Gronkowski by Luke Kuechly that cost New England the game. "
and
"If the Cleveland Browns can beat the 14-2 2010 Patriots 34-3 with Blakeman involved, then just about anything is possible when the Jaguars come to Foxboro on Sunday."

(Also referencing the whole bunch of non calls that went our Ds way this past weekend)

Keep in mind they let the Pittsburg Offensive Line hold across the board the entire game as well.  They really let them play and it made for a competitive game.  Heck I saw multiple Pittsburg lineman dive at our linebackers knees ahead of some of the run plays.  Didn't like seeing it that but they did let our corners play to their strengths.  Turns out Ben hit the receivers perfectly and the Pittsburg player made the plays while being absolutely blanketed.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-17-2018, 10:12 AM)Kane Wrote: "For example, he was at the helm when the Patriots traveled to Charlotte to face the Carolina Panthers on Monday Night Football, a game that ended on an egregious non-pass interference call on Rob Gronkowski by Luke Kuechly that cost New England the game. "
and

We needed quite a few to make up for that ridiculous unnecessary roughness on Ramsey and all the holding.  I was glad we got away with some.

(01-18-2018, 01:18 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
and

We needed quite a few to make up for that ridiculous unnecessary roughness on Ramsey and all the holding.  I was glad we got away with some.

Oh I'm not complaining.
As much as our DL gets held, it was nice to see some non-calls go our way for once.