Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC pick em week 8

Thanks JagFantasic24 for getting this thread going this week. 10 hour workday + 3 hours a day on the road + crappy Jags season = very tired and apathetic fan.

Jags @ Titans

Word is that Shad Khan had a pep talk with the team this week. I also heard Malik Jackson's locker room interview expressing how contrite he was for getting ejected from the Raider game. Most disturbingly I heard the sounds of ping pong being played in the background. 2-4 and they still have time for ping pong. Its seemingly obvious that this team is in year 4 in Gus Bradley's vacation land, so I can't help but expect a rout by yet another former Jags coach. Titans win and will have me thinking about next years draft before Halloween.

Lions @ Texans

2 mediocre teams with the Texans being slightly less mediocre and playing at home. Give me the Texans in what will probably be an ugly game.

Chiefs @ Colts

If this game was being played in Arrowhead this would be an easy pick, but since it's in Lucas Oil it's a bit tricky. The Colts was able to dismantle the Chargers after they blew our doors off. Another AFC West team going to Indy with a QB that's not as good as Philip Rivers. Give me the Colts to win and scratch their way a little closer to the division lead.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's a damn shame that the Jaguars are still in the position of losing to bad teams after four years of rebuilding, but they are. That's why I'll take the tacks to win on Thursday.

I'll also take the chiefs and texans to win.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 05:39 PM by snowwolf776.)

13-3 overall.  

this week im going to go with  

Colts 

Texans

Jags

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Week # 7 results: 2-1

Overall results: 18-5

Week # 8 selections:

Tennessee:    Though Tennessee has plenty of injuries on their Offensive Line and Secondary,   at this point in time I don't have enough confidence in the Jaguars Offense,  particularly Blake Bortles, to select them.   Especially on the road.   On paper,  the Jaguars are the better team but most of you know better than me,   something ( s ) clearly isn't right with the team.   Dick LeBeau,  regardless of his age,  is still a high caliber Defensive Coordinator.  Not a good situation with a struggling QB to face a LeBeau Defense,  even with him not playing with a full player deck because of injuries. 

Detroit:   The hamstring injury to CB Darius Slay concerns me greatly.   But overall the Lions injury situation is improving and Matthew Stafford is playing at a very high level.   Though the Texans are 4-0 at home,   I think the Lions will find a way to win this game.    With yet another close game likely regardless of the outcome.

Kansas City:    The Colts have the better QB but the Chiefs clearly have the better roster.    

Jags over tacks - wishful thinking, even if we win gus is still gone at end of season, if we DO lose...omg, some heads will finally start rolling....starting with olson.

Chiefs over clots - most everyone beats this division
Lions over 'horns - ditto

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

0-3 last week

8-15 overall

Jags over Titans

Chiefs over Colts

Texans over Lions

ImATexan

14-9 last week I was 1-2

Jags(Its been my downside obviously lol)

KC

Lions.

Again a nice set up for the Jags but...they ya know..need to learn to play together Undecided

Titans

Colts

Lions

Tennessee over JAX
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Titans thumped Jags

13-10 overall

[BLEEP]. In Miami for a conference and forgot to make my picks before the game tonight.

Would have taken Titans over Jags

Chiefs over Colts

Lions over Texans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Forgot to put my prediction out for last night's debacle. Give me KC and Houston going forward.

Last week 2-1

Overall 12-11

The first game is over, but I would have picked the Jaguars. Going forward...

Chiefs over Colts 31-24

Lions over Texans 28-27

'02

Quote:Thanks JagFantasic24 for getting this thread going this week. 10 hour workday + 3 hours a day on the road + crappy Jags season = very tired and apathetic fan.

Jags @ Titans

Word is that Shad Khan had a pep talk with the team this week. I also heard Malik Jackson's locker room interview expressing how contrite he was for getting ejected from the Raider game. Most disturbingly I heard the sounds of ping pong being played in the background. 2-4 and they still have time for ping pong. Its seemingly obvious that this team is in year 4 in Gus Bradley's vacation land, so I can't help but expect a rout by yet another former Jags coach. Titans win and will have me thinking about next years draft before Halloween.

Lions @ Texans

2 mediocre teams with the Texans being slightly less mediocre and playing at home. Give me the Texans in what will probably be an ugly game.

Chiefs @ Colts

If this game was being played in Arrowhead this would be an easy pick, but since it's in Lucas Oil it's a bit tricky. The Colts was able to dismantle the Chargers after they blew our doors off. Another AFC West team going to Indy with a QB that's not as good as Philip Rivers. Give me the Colts to win and scratch their way a little closer to the division lead.

2-1 this week

16-10 on the year
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Lions

Chiefs

Jags

I am going full homer this week. Jags do just enough to save gus, before losing w/e game they play the next week.

Chiefs are a good team with a great coach and a good ground game, Colts are not. Chiefs thump em

Lions are on a hot streak and Houstan just isnt getting it done. I am going with the Lions.

Whelp Texans at home, I guess the homefield advantage is real. And I will not pick the Jags again for awhile.

1-2 this week

8-4 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:14 - 9 Overall

At Tennessee    -3.5 Jacksonville

They're only giving the Tacks a .5 over Homefield Advantage, I'll Go with the Jags

At Houston
   -2.5 Detroit    45

Have to go with Houston at Home

Kansas City
   -2.5 At Indianapolis   50

This game is a toss up to me, not even giving the Clots 3 point Homefield but I think I'll have to go  with KC on this one

2 - 1 this week

16 - 10 overall

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

1-1 this week

14-11 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote:Last week 2-1

Overall 12-11

This week's picks:

Titans over Jags

Chiefs over Colts

Lions over Texans

2-1 for the week

14-12 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

1-2 this week.

17-9 overall.

Quote:13-3 overall.  

this week im going to go with  

Colts 

Texans

Jags
1-2 this week.  14-5 overall.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.