Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will Bradley get canned if we get destroyed by Ten?

We have thought Gus would be fired the past 6 weeks and nothing has happened.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:At the very latest he should have been fired at the end of last season.  Everyone saw this coming.  

If Khan was smart, he'd fire Gus Friday morning.  But I'm beginning to think he's not very smart when it comes to football and running a franchise.
I don't think it will have anything to with his smarts or running a franchise. If he doesn't fire him mid season it's likely just because he doesn't believe in doing it as he has said he doesn't. 

Quote:I don't think it will have anything to with his smarts or running a franchise. If he doesn't fire him mid season it's likely just because he doesn't believe in doing it as he has said he doesn't. 

That explains this season. TAM is right when you consider last season.

Either Shad is just a metric football fan and has turned over the team to Tony Khan, or he really wants the team to keep losing.

(or both)

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2016, 08:32 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:That explains this season. TAM is right when you consider last season.

Either Shad is just a metric football fan and has turned over the team to Tony Khan, or he really wants the team to keep losing.

(or both)
I don't think it's just an either or thing. Things arn't always that simple as much as some people want it to be. 

I agree he should have been let go last season. I'm assuming they saw progress in areas and Shad and DC decided another year of consistency was the path forward.

Why would he want them to keep losing after all the money he has dumped into the stadium and efforts he's made around the city? It makes no sense. Neither does the metrics comment. Unless you have a source for that?

There has to be a Wikileaks email on how Gus still has a job

Quote:What do you think? Is this team ever going to show accountability? Are we ever going to show our young players that losing isn't acceptable, or are we just going to "stay the course" and infuse the idea that losing has no consequences into the brains of our youth?
Here is hoping so but I really doubt it.  We could and probably will get easily handled and Gus will stay smiling with his Sundaes.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Unfortunately, I think some assistants will be let go before hes gone... its not about how much he yells. Its about how there isnt any accountability. If a player makes a mistake, gus doesn't coach then up or even show that its unacceptable. . He just says "yea man, get em next time man, compete man" then he claps.. what can be learned from that.

Wash got that D playing well. Kahn should just fire Gus and see if the remaining staff can earn a spot for next year

Nope cause Gus will get a win. Its the Jaguars way. 3-4 baby, in rather disappointing fashion.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Sweep the corners man. Compete and get better everyday.

This...unbelievable
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

This season is lost if gus stays at the helm. An interim coach might be able to make it work... a la fisher when he took over houston oilers. But no matter what we need a complete new staff, including wrs coach.

I think Mularkey will drop a 50 burger on us.

Quote:Firing gus now isnt going to make us better lol al the people who are responsible for this mess will still be employed besides gus. Doug marrone isnt turning the team around hes a bad coach too.

you coaching this team makes us better.  Gus makes us WORSE.. any thinking otherwise is strait up wrong.

He's the worst coach W/L record wise in NFL HISTORY... doesn't matter how bad Marrone is, he isn't the worst in history like we have now

Quote:5 year extension

Where to jump?    Dames Point Bridge or Wells Fargo Center............. :whistling: 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2016, 08:46 AM by irontrooper83.)

Quote:One question that comes to mind that I'm sure many that follow the Premier League would know is how often does a change in Managers in the Premier League typically occur?
Last time I checked in the Premier league average tenure for a Manager was 1.3 years. 

Last year in the first 4 english leagues (Premier league-championship (which is where Fulham plays)-league one) at half season 29 managers were already sacked. 

A couple of years ago 13 managers were sacked during a season in Premier League only (and consider there are 20 teams in PL compared to the 32 in the NFL).

Here in Italy it happens even more often and a manager only lasts 9 months on average. In Spain and Germany I think it's about 12 months the average tenure for a manager.

But well the rules around the leagues and the way teams are managed and administrated is completely different from the NFL.

Fulham FC is a mess though and whoever is responsible for the football-related decisions there has been really terrible.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2016, 08:25 AM by StitchJones.)

Quote:I think if the Jaguars lose on Thursday Night in Tennessee,  either Gus Bradley and/ or at least one Assistant Coach will be let go.   The Thursday Night scheduled game compared to a typical Sunday game might have already saved Bradley's job.  
I think that Khan is inclined to abide by his word, so if he has said that he won't fire the HC prior to the end of the season then that's the way it probably is going to be. However, circumstances change and so a business man must remain flexible in order to cope. A smart business man always keeps his options open, and Khan is a smart business man. Although Khan may have said he is disinclined to fire a coach prior to seasons end, he is not bound to that statement by any means. 

A defeat on national television on Thursday night by a division opponent... especially if it's in a particularly humiliating manner, could be just the incentive to change Khan's mind and decide it's time to change course now and fire Gus Bradley and probably Olson too. I don't regard anybody who is presently on staff as someone I would want as the starting HC next season; so, if Gus is terminated prior to seasons end whoever fills the slot should just be temporary.

If such a thing were to take place, it should (hopefully) send an unmistakable message to all the players and coaches; losing is unacceptable here. You will not be allowed to remain here and not produce positive results, no matter how 'likable' and positive of a person you are. This is a results driven profession. To date, Gus Bradley has failed to produce even a hint of the desired results required. He is in a practical sense one of the losingest coaches in the history of the NFL! No owner with any sense wants a guy with that title as his head coach!

I for one would prefer for things to miraculously turn around for this team and for Gus to be able to retain his job here. However, I'm a a realist, and the probability is that the turnaround hoped for is unlikely to happen this season given what has been displayed on the field so far this year. We simply have no evidence on which to hang our hopes that such a thing will occur; in fact, we seem to be regressing in some key parts of the game this season. 

Therefore, while I wish that it were not so, I'm now inclined to think that it's possible (even probable?) that Gus may be fired prior to the end of the season. The only question is if he is fired prior to seasons end, when will it most likely happen? I had originally speculated that if this scenario did take place that it would wait until we were mathematically eliminated from the possibility of reaching at least a .500 record this year. While that is still mathematically possible, it seems unachievable given what we've witnessed on the field so far. So it would seem that the timing of Gus's departure would be predicated on getting the maximum positive effect of doing so while minimizing the negative.

Firing a head coach mid season is almost never a good thing; but in our situation we've hardly anything to lose at this point given the overall funk the team is now in. Sufficient talent is there now on the field; they just need someone to put it together for a winning season.

We need a leader...that wrote The Art of the Deal.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2016, 09:07 AM by wrong_box.)

Quote:I think that Khan is inclined to abide by his word, so if he has said that he won't fire the HC prior to the end of the season then that's the way it probably is going to be. However, circumstances change and so a business man must remain flexible in order to cope. A smart business man always keeps his options open, and Khan is a smart business man. Although Khan may have said he is disinclined to fire a coach prior to seasons end, he is not bound to that statement by any means. 

A defeat on national television on Thursday night by a division opponent... especially if it's in a particularly humiliating manner, could be just the incentive to change Khan's mind and decide it's time to change course now and fire Gus Bradley and probably Olson too. I don't regard anybody who is presently on staff as someone I would want as the starting HC next season; so, if Gus is terminated prior to seasons end whoever fills the slot should just be temporary.

If such a thing were to take place, it should (hopefully) send an unmistakable message to all the players and coaches; losing is unacceptable here. You will not be allowed to remain here and not produce positive results, no matter how 'likable' and positive of a person you are. This is a results driven profession. To date, Gus Bradley has failed to produce even a hint of the desired results required. He is in a practical sense one of the losingest coaches in the history of the NFL! No owner with any sense wants a guy with that title as his head coach!

I for one would prefer for things to miraculously turn around for this team and for Gus to be able to retain his job here. However, I'm a a realist, and the probability is that the turnaround hoped for is unlikely to happen this season given what has been displayed on the field so far this year. We simply have no evidence on which to hang our hopes that such a thing will occur; in fact, we seem to be regressing in some key parts of the game this season. 

Therefore, while I wish that it were not so, I'm now inclined to think that it's possible (even probable?) that Gus may be fired prior to the end of the season. The only question is if he is fired prior to seasons end, when will it most likely happen? I had originally speculated that if this scenario did take place that it would wait until we were mathematically eliminated from the possibility of reaching at least a .500 record this year. While that is still mathematically possible, it seems unachievable given what we've witnessed on the field so far. So it would seem that the timing of Gus's departure would be predicated on getting the maximum positive effect of doing so while minimizing the negative.

Firing a head coach mid season is almost never a good thing; but in our situation we've hardly anything to lose at this point given the overall funk the team is now in. Sufficient talent is there now on the field; they just need someone to put it together for a winning season.
He didn't say he won't fire a coach in season...He said firing a coach in season won't make a big enough difference in the outcome of the season to make sense (paraphrasing), Basically said firing a coach in season won't fix much so it makes no sense to do so

Quote:We need a leader...that wrote The Art of the Deal.

So what is that guy's name? I've seen him on MSNBC. You do know it's not DT, don't you? That guy couldn't lead a team out of a bar.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

LOL, everyone knows they cannot be destroyed by Ten. Ten is not even a team, it is a number. Numbers cannot play football. Real Jags fans would know this.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.