Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
125,000 Disney employees to receive $1,000 cash bonus due to tax reform

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 10:33 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-23-2018, 10:38 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 06:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We just increased the federal deficit by $1.7 trillion dollars but who cares, I got $1,000 baby .....

Not true.

That number is over 10 years and doesn't take into account for economic growth. The growth, by the way, we never saw under Obama. 

The kickbacks for employees is great, but we're also seeing companies spending in the US, too. 

Hell, Apple is paying tens of billions in taxes just to bring a couple hundred back into the US. There's no way the deficit increases under the tax plan.

Dude, my properties and 401k went up $750k under Obama.

Sorry you kept your savings under your mattress .... the waycross way

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 11:22 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(01-24-2018, 10:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 10:38 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Not true.

That number is over 10 years and doesn't take into account for economic growth. The growth, by the way, we never saw under Obama. 

The kickbacks for employees is great, but we're also seeing companies spending in the US, too. 

Hell, Apple is paying tens of billions in taxes just to bring a couple hundred back into the US. There's no way the deficit increases under the tax plan.

Sorry you kept your savings under your mattress.   .... Southern Georgia ....smh

It's fact that there was zero growth under Obama's petty regime. Just awful politics written by awful people. Nothing worse than hypocrite and liars which, sad to say, is all the democratic party is now.

Oh, Starbucks, the most liberal company I can think of, just gave 150k of their workers more money and better benefits.

Oh and if you want to talk about properties, it's the dems fault in Congress for allowing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to give loans to people that couldn't afford it. Bush TRIED to stop it but the lobbying giants just paid off the democrats. But I'm sure you won't read about that in HuffPo. Smile

The only people with your perceived net worth who liked Obama live in California and act in movies.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 10:56 AM by Kane.)

(01-23-2018, 10:42 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Wow the trumpettes love a bit of propaganda. I bet there is no great salary increases for the average man in the coming years.

A one off bonus? What about a wage increase?

Everyone at my work just received serious wage increases after being pretty stagnant for the last 4 years.

I work for a "small business" too. Not some rich man corporation.

1 person does not represent America as a whole.
My 401k increased about a total of 8k over 8 years with Obama.
It went up like 3k in this first Trump year.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 11:25 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-24-2018, 10:39 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 10:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Dude, my properties and 401k went up $750k under Obama.

The only people with your perceived net worth who liked Obama live in California and act in movies.

Yep, because nobody in the best educated cities in the US (Boston, NY, DC, Philly, Baltimore, Pittsburgh) like Obama.  Oh wait, those people probably didn't accumulate a high net worth during the Obama era so let's disregard them.  It's just me and Tom Cruise that took advantage of a booming housing and stock market from 2010-2016.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 11:36 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 12:36 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-24-2018, 10:52 AM)Kane Wrote: 1 person does not represent America as a whole.

Dude, the stock market had a 235% rate of return during Obama.  I assume you are about 29 years old and was just starting your contributions to 401k during the Obama era. to have an $8k return on investment.  Otherwise, all things being equal, your ROI numbers don't add up.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 12:06 PM by MalabarJag.)

(01-24-2018, 11:22 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 10:39 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The only people with your perceived net worth who liked Obama live in California and act in movies.

Yep, because nobody in the best educated cities in the US (Boston, NY, DC, Philly, Baltimore, Pittsburgh) like Obama.  Oh wait, those people probably didn't accumulate a high net worth during the Obama era so let's disregard them.  It's just me and Tom Cruise that took advantage of a booming housing and stock market from 2010-2016.

Took advantage of the low prices after the stock market and housing collapse, a collapse fueled by a Dem controlled House and Senate. So yeah, give Obama credit for being the president during the time things got slowly back to normal after losing 50% of their value. That's the ticket.

If your 401K and real estate grew by $750K, it must have started out high to begin with. How much did the real estate you owned in 2006 gain since 2006? The house I live in was worth 60% more in 2006 than it is now (I did well to buy it at the market bottom in 2011, and it doubled in value since then).

In any case we're talking about salary and benefits in this thread. Salaries were stagnant for the full eight Obama years (for those who were lucky enough to have jobs), and nobody got bonuses other than Obama's cronies during those eight years.

(01-24-2018, 07:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 06:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We just increased the federal deficit by $1.7 trillion dollars but who cares, I got $1,000 baby .....

[Image: 200.webp#7-grid1]

Actually, I didn't get a bonus, so in effect, these bonuses are coming out of my pocket.   And that's true of anyone who hasn't gotten a bonus.   The government borrowed money in your name to finance a tax cut, part of which goes directly into other people's pockets in the form of bonuses.  

But most people are just too dumb to see this.

You probably got a tax cut as part of this bill, and the ultimate salary benefits will be down the road as competition for workers heats up. To look at less money taken by force from other people as "coming out of my pocket" is despicable.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(01-23-2018, 11:20 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 10:49 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
There have been some salary increases too. I guess your Leftist media doesn't report it.

And the main force behind salary increases is from the the supply vs. demand for workers. When companies expand in the US or return to the US because of lower taxes, there will be much competition in the labor market. That's not an immediate effect.

My media isnt even leftist? Actually i dont even follow much media.

A small tax break will not make an organisation bring their manufacturing home or outsourced office. Why would they do that if wages are going up as a response?

Think you are buying propaganda from happy corporates and bosses who can now get bigger bonuses

1. You don't follow the news? Well that explains why you didn't know about any salary increases.

2. It was a huge tax break, not a small tax break. At least look at the numbers before you post.

3. Wages will go up, but they won't go up immediately. The tax break is immediate. Corporations generally only plan five years in advance, and the salary increases during the first five years will not reach the level of the tax savings. I recommend reading "A Brief History of Time".

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(01-24-2018, 11:40 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 10:52 AM)Kane Wrote: 1 person does not represent America as a whole.

Dude, the stock market had a 235% rate of return during Obama.  I assume you are about 29 years old and was just starting your contributions to 401k during the Obama era. to have an $8k return on investment.

Pretty close. 33.
But I've been putting in before Obama got in.
401k took a heavy hit and lost a lot of money during the crisis of 08. Granted, I don't put in a ton of money (only about 25 per week) and I'm guesstimating because I don't have my portfolio statement in front of me. But during Obama's tenure it was a slow and steady grind.
And it is moving in leaps and bounds comparatively. Perhaps it is what stocks and bonds I'm allocated in, who knows.
But the proof is in the pudding. It has certainly done better the past year than any of the 8 years when Obama was in.

(01-24-2018, 12:36 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 11:40 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Dude, the stock market had a 235% rate of return during Obama.  I assume you are about 29 years old and was just starting your contributions to 401k during the Obama era. to have an $8k return on investment.

Pretty close. 33.

401k took a heavy hit and lost a lot of money during the crisis of 08. Granted, I don't put in a ton of money (only about 25 per week) and I'm guesstimating because I don't have my portfolio statement in front of me. But during Obama's tenure it was a slow and steady grind.
And it is moving in leaps and bounds comparatively. Perhaps it is what stocks and bonds I'm allocated in, who knows.
But the proof is in the pudding. It has certainly done better the past year than any of the 8 years when Obama was in.

OK ... that makes sense.  Actually, your early contributions under Bush most likely got depleted as the Market was plunging (pre-Obama) so your return on investment under Obama was decent but the problem was your 401k base wasn't sufficient at your early age (and the Bush plunge) to really recognize a substantial $$ return.

I agree, 401k has been great under Trump .... don't get me wrong but once shouldn't look at the Obama numbers and think that he didn't pull us out of the [BLEEP] hole

(01-24-2018, 12:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 12:36 PM)Kane Wrote: Pretty close. 33.

OK ... that makes sense.  Actually, your early contributions under Bush most likely got depleted as the Market was plunging (pre-Obama) so your return on investment under Obama was decent but the problem was your 401k base wasn't sufficient at your early age (and the Bush plunge) to really recognize a substantial $$ return.

I agree, 401k has been great under Trump .... don't get me wrong but once shouldn't look at the Obama numbers and think that he didn't pull us out of the [BLEEP] hole

There was no where to go but up, but one could also look at it as "pulling us out".

(01-24-2018, 01:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 12:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: OK ... that makes sense.  Actually, your early contributions under Bush most likely got depleted as the Market was plunging (pre-Obama) so your return on investment under Obama was decent but the problem was your 401k base wasn't sufficient at your early age (and the Bush plunge) to really recognize a substantial $$ return.

There was no where to go but up, but one could also look at it as "pulling us out".

Obama prevented an all out market collapse as you all complained about the bailouts that were eventually paid back.  Probably one of the significant financial moves in US History.

(01-24-2018, 01:18 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 01:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: There was no where to go but up, but one could also look at it as "pulling us out".

Obama prevented an all out market collapse as you all complained about the bailouts that were eventually paid back.  Probably one of the significant financial moves in US History.

Lol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-24-2018, 10:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 01:18 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Obama prevented an all out market collapse as you all complained about the bailouts that were eventually paid back.  Probably one of the significant financial moves in US History.

Lol.

Yeah, I had to pull out at that point. The trollin' got too heavy, lol.

(01-24-2018, 12:07 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You're very.... uneducated.

35% tax rate for corporations.
18% is the AVERAGE for European countries for corporations.

NOW the US corporate tax is 21%... our companies can finally compete AND stay on US soil. More jobs, more money.

14% is huge.

There, you've been educated.

lastonealive...

Nothing to say?