Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TEs to keep an eye on?

I don't follow college football closely. I was all in on the QBs early this year and well we know how that changed. 

Anyone have a list of some good pass catching TEs to keep an eye on through the combine and pro days? And how you think they transition to the NFL.

Thanks!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 07:01 PM by Upper.)

This class isn't as good as last years all time great TE class, but it's still one of the better ones we've seen. Andrews and Goedert would be solid first round options for us. Gesecki, Hurst, and Fumagali could all be solid day 2 options. I haven't studied the day 3 guys yet but I have heard there are some solid prospects there too.

We need to remember that TE is among the slowest positions to develop though. It's unlikely any rookie we pick will be a game changer for us next year. We should be signing a Burton or ASJ, or a riskier Eifert but I don't like that as much as the two aforementioned, in addition to drafting a TE no later than the third round. With as many 2 TE sets as we run having two legit TE threats with Hackett's creativity (when he's allowed to be at least) could completely transform this offense.

I was watching the Senior Bowl practices today.

Fumigali did not impress me. Admittedly it is early.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'd love to sign Eifert to an incentive laden deal and draft a guy early. Still wish we could have gotten Jake Butt last year
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Andrews and Goedert are the cream of the crop in this class. They are likely to either go late in round 1 or very early in round 2. Like Upper said, Gesicki Hurst and Fumagalli should be there in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I prefer Hurst and Fumagalli, because they are much better blockers than Gesicki. He's pretty poor in that respect, but he has good hands. I also like Ian Thomas of Indiana, Chris Herndon of Miami and Adam Breneman of UMass. Thomas offers some big play ability, but isn't as consistent as the other top prospects, Herndon is athletic, but is coming off an injury and Breneman has a history of injuries, which is a concern, but he has great hands and is a decent blocker.

(01-23-2018, 07:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Andrews and Goedert are the cream of the crop in this class. They are likely to either go late in round 1 or very early in round 2. Like Upper said, Gesicki Hurst and Fumagalli should be there in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I prefer Hurst and Fumagalli, because they are much better blockers than Gesicki. He's pretty poor in that respect, but he has good hands. I also like Ian Thomas of Indiana, Chris Herndon of Miami and Adam  Breneman of UMass. Thomas offers some big play ability, but isn't as consistent as the other top prospects, Herndon is athletic, but is coming off an injury and Breneman has a history of injuries, which is a concern, but he has great hands and is a decent blocker.

If we hang onto Lewis for another season I like him as our inline blocking TE and getting Andrews at 29 would be perfect imo.
OG or QB in round 2.
And the other in round 3.

I'd spend the first on Andrews but not Goedert. Goedert should go mid/late second.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Of all theTE's I believe we will probably target Goedert, Hurst or Fumagalli in round 2. Whichever one falls to us. All are really good pass catchers and solid, if not very good blockers as well. Goedert and Hurst are a bit more athletic and get more separation on defenders, but may be gone when we pick. If Either are there though, they would be excellent choices. Fumagalli is no slouch either. He's been impressive at the Senior Bowl and would provide a huge upgrade for us at the TE position. He's probably the best blocker of the bunch. I'd be happy with any of them. I didn't include Andrews, because I see no way he falls to us in round 2 or Gesicki, because he is a terrible blocker and that's something this team needs.

Is Gesicki that bad of a blocker?
Just asking cause the guy is a 6'6 threat, former basketball and volleyball player whose vertical jump is said to be around 40", I know it's not just about being athletic but that's quite a nightmare mistmatch for any defense.

It seems like it's a very good TE class though, they all seem to need some work in different areas but the talent is there.
I can see Lewis being here as a blocker/red zone threat like we have seen this year and hopefully we add one of these guys who are more dynamic and that can improve their blocking with a guy like him around.

(01-30-2018, 07:02 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Is Gesicki that bad of a blocker?
Just asking cause the guy is a 6'6 threat, former basketball and volleyball player whose vertical jump is said to be around 40", I know it's not just about being athletic but that's quite a nightmare mistmatch for any defense.

It seems like it's a very good TE class though, they all seem to need some work in different areas but the talent is there.
I can see Lewis being here as a blocker/red zone threat like we have seen this year and hopefully we add one of these guys who are more dynamic and that can improve their blocking with a guy like him around.

Yes, he is that bad of a blocker.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/dr...-nfl-draft

Thats how I would rank the top 3 as well

What do you think it says that the rankings for the top TEs are all over the place at the moment?

I realise there is some time to go until the draft, but you usually have some sort of consensus by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just that there isn't a whole lot between Gesicki, Andrews, Goedert, Hurst but they are considerably ahead of the rest of the pack.

(02-28-2018, 09:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/dr...-nfl-draft

Thats how I would rank the top 3 as well

The fourth name on the list I hadn't even heard of...

Jordan Akins from UCF
(Blakes's alma mater)

Might as well watch a gametape of his as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SocFyw5JQXM
'02