Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Navy's Newest Warship, From Mayport, Stuck In Ice Until Spring

USS Little Rock, Navy's Newest Warship, Is Stuck in Ice in Montreal and May Not Move Until March. Cry

https://weather.com/news/news/2018-01-22...ntreal-ice

Quote:The U.S. Navy's newest warship, the USS Little Rock (LCS-9), was expected to be well on its way to its new home port in sunny Jacksonville, Florida, at this point, but it became trapped in ice in Montreal and it may not budge until spring.

Oops! Nice going......
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Russians must be masters at handling this issue by now. What would they do?
[Image: je8Z3fs.gif]

All that global warming.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 10:49 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

i don't think they used a level when building this ship -- dang budget cuts.

.[Image: ussssssssssssssss.jpg?v=at&w=815&h=458&a...7d87b8b6a0]

(01-24-2018, 01:23 AM)FBT Wrote: All that global warming.

Dang it. Came in here to say the very same comment. Touche'

Lucky sailors.....there's LOTS of action in the bars in Montreal!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Have you seen the African Drought ---- Cape Town is running out of water.  Check it out ....

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news...75686.html

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 08:25 PM by homebiscuit.)

(01-24-2018, 05:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Lucky sailors.....there's LOTS of action in the bars in Montreal!

Until their money runs out between paydays. It sucks being stuck in port. The same scenery gets tiresome after a while, not to mention the 'cold as hell' Montreal weather.

(01-24-2018, 05:46 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Have you seen the African Drought ---- Cape Town is running out of water.  Check it out ....

I heard about this on the radio the other day. This situation is going to turn real bad, real quick once the water stops flowing. Residents will be rationed just enough water to survive. They have no idea how they'll deal with sewage and other needs. It'll be hell on Earth.

Why did this get moved to the Political forum. It's about as non-political as it gets.

It's just a boat stuck in the ice, for God's sake........
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-25-2018, 08:33 PM)Dakota Wrote: Why did this get moved to the Political forum. It's about as non-political as it gets.

When global warming was brought into the conversation, I guess. And no, I didn't move it.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(01-25-2018, 11:04 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 08:33 PM)Dakota Wrote: Why did this get moved to the Political forum. It's about as non-political as it gets.

When global warming was brought into the conversation, I guess. And no, I didn't move it.

Not that I really care. It just seemed odd.

(01-24-2018, 05:46 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

They should look into a desalination plant.. expensive... but it's better than people dying.

There's actually a desalination plant like 60 miles away...

I would imagine they would rotate a skeleton crew in and out until they could get underway again...There would be no sense in maintaining a full crew for a ship who will moored to the pier for months... I would guess they would be running on ships power and making their own water with a sewer barge along side or hooked to the shore CHT disposal system as they would be in home port

(01-24-2018, 12:35 AM)Spots Wrote: Russians must be masters at handling this issue by now. What would they do?

The answer is "several tons of vodka."

What was the question Tovarisch?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato