Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How many Jags make the Top 100

(02-04-2018, 06:38 AM)myrick31 Wrote: Yannick is not even close to top 100, he barely even saw the field against NE? Fowler COMMON. Fournette has done nothing arguably not in the top 10 rookie running backs this year.

Arob is still a top 100 player even coming off injury.

yannick got hurt early in the NE game
GO Jaguars
;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-04-2018, 06:15 PM)myrick31 Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 11:28 AM)JNev Wrote: :facepalm: Who are the 10 better rookie backs? Who are 15 better RBs?

Kamara, Hunt, Cook, Mixon, Mccaffrey, Ekeler, Cohen, Foreman all are better.  Then there are guys like Breida, Jones, Williams, Clement you can make an argument for.

Delete your account

(02-04-2018, 06:15 PM)myrick31 Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 11:28 AM)JNev Wrote: :facepalm: Who are the 10 better rookie backs? Who are 15 better RBs?

Kamara, Hunt, Cook, Mixon, Mccaffrey, Ekeler, Cohen, Foreman all are better.  Then there are guys like Breida, Jones, Williams, Clement you can make an argument for.

On a MB where JagsWoman reigned supreme in dumbest posts, I think we could have a new unanimous Dumbest Post in message board history

However many there will be, there will be a thread on here from someone who got their panties in a twist because it wasn't more.

(02-05-2018, 12:32 AM)JNev Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 06:15 PM)myrick31 Wrote: Kamara, Hunt, Cook, Mixon, Mccaffrey, Ekeler, Cohen, Foreman all are better.  Then there are guys like Breida, Jones, Williams, Clement you can make an argument for.

On a MB where JagsWoman reigned supreme in dumbest posts, I think we could have a new unanimous Dumbest Post in message board history

Seriously. Foreman had 327 yards and 2 TDs lol Fournette beat that in just his two Steelers games.

What an asinine statement.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Foreman had more yards per carry behind a horrific oline, also outperformed MIller who is considered pretty good.

(01-28-2018, 11:43 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: Fournette isn't a top 10 back

7th in Rushing attempts despite missing three games. 
8th in Rushing yards despite missing missing three games. 
3rd in Rushing touchdowns despite missing three games. 
Longest Rushing Play with 90 yards despite missing three games. 
5th in Average Rushing yards per game despite missing three games. 

He's easily a top ten back going into 2018. Easily. He probably faced the most eight man fronts in the NFL last year. At one point I think I read that he was facing eight man fronts over 60% of the time which was an NFL high. And here's the thing. For as good as LeVeon Bell, Todd Gurley, David Johnson (when healthy) and Alvin Kamara have been or were in 2017...

Look... Blake Bortles ain't no Ben Roethlisberger. He ain't no Jared Goff (Blake's never had a 62.7 complete percentage with a 28 TD - 7 INT ratio season). He ain't no Carson Palmer. And he certainly ain't no Drew Brees. And when you factor in that this offense had no consistency at receiver until it was later on in the year. No Allen Robinson. Oft injured Allen Hurns. Marqise Lee with his inconsistencies. 

Just about everybody knew when #27 was in the backfield he was getting that football eight times out of ten.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

As far as who makes the list from lowest to highest:

Blake Bortles
Leonard Fournette
Myles Jack
Telvin Smith
Malik Jackson
Yannick Ngakoue
Calais Campbell
Jalen Ramsey
A.J Bouye
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 08:37 AM by JagsorDie.)

(02-05-2018, 02:11 AM)myrick31 Wrote: Foreman had more yards per carry behind a horrific oline, also outperformed MIller who is considered pretty good.

Your argument is he outperformed a guy who was "pretty good"???? What are you doing?

I think I just lost a little cognitive function for even trying to consider your point.

and you put Cook on your little list after only seeing him play 4 games? 

Just stop man.

(02-05-2018, 08:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

He's easily a top ten back going into 2018. Easily. He probably faced the most eight man fronts in the NFL last year. At one point I think I read that he was facing eight man fronts over 60% of the time which was an NFL high. And here's the thing. For as good as LeVeon Bell, Todd Gurley, David Johnson (when healthy) and Alvin Kamara have been or were in 2017...

Look... Blake Bortles ain't no Ben Roethlisberger. He ain't no Jared Goff (Blake's never had a 62.7 complete percentage with a 28 TD - 7 INT ratio season). He ain't no Carson Palmer. And he certainly ain't no Drew Brees. And when you factor in that this offense had no consistency at receiver until it was later on in the year. No Allen Robinson. Oft injured Allen Hurns. Marqise Lee with his inconsistencies. 

Just about everybody knew when #27 was in the backfield he was getting that football eight times out of ten.

^^^^ this

Borltes is better than Goff, if you watched the games all Goff does is throw short passes and then gets crazy run after catch yards.

(02-05-2018, 08:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

He got so many yards because he was force fed all season. And he wasn't very efficient since he couldn't average even average 4 ypc. He had 5 games this year where he averaged >3 ypc. Those 90 yard TDs really skew his numbers. He may be one of the 10 most talented backs in the league, but he has to show more next year, at least to me.

The mediocre QB play doesn't work with me. Alex Collins got 973 yards on 4.6 ypc and Kenyan Drake got 644 yards on 4.8 ypc, they aren't exactly on electric offenses.

Off the top of my head: McCoy, Bell, Johnson, Henry, Johnson, Hunt, Ingram, Kamara, Collins, Drake, Freeman, are better.

Man Derrick Henry and his 700 yds, 5 TDs, abd 4.2 YPC are just easily better than Leo Rolleyes

(02-05-2018, 06:29 PM)myrick31 Wrote: Borltes is better than Goff, if you watched the games all Goff does is throw short passes and then gets crazy run after catch yards.

I may like Bortles, but you’re reachin’ here, chief.

(02-05-2018, 12:32 AM)JNev Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 06:15 PM)myrick31 Wrote: Kamara, Hunt, Cook, Mixon, Mccaffrey, Ekeler, Cohen, Foreman all are better.  Then there are guys like Breida, Jones, Williams, Clement you can make an argument for.

I signed in just to reiterate this point. i thought some of JW's stuff was bad, ditto for the Pats Trolls that were here, but this is the single most moronic thing i've ever seen posted on this board in the past decade. The kids who eat tide pods probably have a higher IQ than you...
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 09:24 PM by myrick31.)

Fournette has speed and power but doe not know how to run, Herschel Walker/ Ben Gay type player. Liability in the pass game which is what really matters in the NFL. Of course he is a top ten runner among rookies, but the passing game is what really matters in todays game If you take over a guy like Ekeler you never watched a game in your life.. Remember he was not even the best rb on his own team in college.

I win this thread. I go out on the limb and say Jones and Breida may be better than Fournette and this year they are the top 2 guys in the whole league in ypc among players who were in the NFL last year, topped only by rookie Phillip Lindsey.