Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Roy Miller placed on IR

Quote:Because Reggie Hayward was not very good anyway and getting up in age, I could not tell how much he declined after returning from the injury.
So Wrong. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Abry Jones has been a pleasant undrafted surprise.  He'll be fine in Miller's absence.  I thought Richard Ash would get picked up by now by another team needing some depth due to injury.  Ash is OK as a backup.

Quote:Abry Jones has been a pleasant undrafted surprise.  He'll be fine in Miller's absence.  I thought Richard Ash would get picked up by now by another team needing some depth due to injury.  Ash is OK as a backup.

Abry Jones can't completely replace Roy Miller. He will be OK against Tennessee because the Titans suck, but not when we play against tougher opponents.

Quote:Abry Jones can't completely replace Roy Miller. He will be OK against Tennessee because the Titans suck, but not when we play against tougher opponents.
You know nothing Dub Snow.

Quote:You know nothing Dub Snow.

What do you call me Dub Snow for?

I know more than anyone who thinks Snowwolf is the same person.

Quote:What do you call me Dub Snow for?

I rest my case. 

Quote:Abry Jones can't completely replace Roy Miller. He will be OK against Tennessee because the Titans suck, but not when we play against tougher opponents.

Tennessee has its share of issues.   However,  an emphasis and strength on their team is their power running game.   IMO,  this is a game that the Jaguars not having Roy Miller could easily prove costly for them.

Quote:Tennessee has its share of issues. However, an emphasis and strength on their team is their power running game. IMO, this is a game that the Jaguars not having Roy Miller could easily prove costly for them.

Having a short week obviously does not help either. Abry Jones needs to make his first start with only two practices. On top of that, because the Titans know Roy Miller is out, they will spend a lot of time running to Jones.

Quote:Having a short week obviously does not help either. Abry Jones needs to make his first start with only two practices. On top of that, because the Titans know Roy Miller is out, they will spend a lot of time running to Jones.

In general,  Tennessee has the type of mentally that they are going to run the ball down your throat and it's up to you to stop it.     Their multi-dimensional QB makes Tennessee's running game more difficult to defend than if they had a pure pocket passer.  

Abry Jones is a good rotational run Defender.   This is the beginning of his opportunity to demonstrate if he's more than that.

Even if Jones steps up,   it remains to be seen if the Jaguars have the depth to compensate for the loss of Roy Miller,  with Abry Jones playing a bigger role.   

Quote:In general,  Tennessee has the type of mentally that they are going to run the ball down your throat and it's up to you to stop it.  Their multi-dimensional QB makes Tennessee's running game more difficult to defend than if they had a pure pocket passer.  

Abry Jones is a good rotational run defender. This is the beginning of his opportunity to demonstrate if he's more than that.

Even if Jones steps up, it remains to be seen if the Jaguars have the depth to compensate for the loss of Roy Miller, with Abry Jones playing a bigger role.   

Everyone knew this when the Titans traded for DeMarco Murray and drafted Derrick Henry.

Obviously having Malik Jackson next to him will help, but we know what Sen'Derrick Marks can do in the rotation.

Now the question is who will rotate with Abry Jones? He is not going to play every defensive snap.

I'm literally shocked that you got the snowwolf reference to begin with.

Going to be a huge loss. I think we will see the effect immediately against the Titans and Murray.
New signature because HIGH SCORE found the periodic table offensive. Pathetic LOL

Quote:Going to be a huge loss. I think we will see the effect immediately against the Titans and Murray.

Thursday night, absolutely. But we can hope it will not be a disaster and Abry Jones improves in the following weeks.

Quote:Thursday night, absolutely. But we can hope it will not be a disaster and Abry Jones improves in the following weeks.

Why do you think it will be a huge loss? 

Quote:Big loss. Especially playing the run first Titans Thursday.

Yep. My thoughts too

Huh, this kind of makes sense
A good loser is a good loser

Oh darn

and the hits just keep on coming.