Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Roy Miller placed on IR

Quote:Hayward gets overlooked because he didn't have the sack count. He sure racked up qb pressures and hits tho, and his edge was always secure against the run with him in there.

I loved Hayward period. I agree with you on all points. I really thought he was a good player and a fan favorite. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Paul Spicer is one of my all-time favorite players that played with the Jaguars.  I was very disappointed that the Lions let him go after the promise he displayed with the team.   Spicer overcame a small football school background,  with good ability and great intangibles.  

Agreed. 

Quote:  If Roy Miller remains on the Jaguars roster in 2017,  it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he begins Training Camp on the PUP list.   With the plan of trying to get him ready for the regular season opener if it looks feasible at the time.   If Miller's progress is slow,  he might end up on the Regular Season PUP list with the hope that he can contribute in the 2nd half of the season.   The next 6 to 9 months could easily be Miller's greatest challenge since he started playing football.

Speaking of the PUP list, I'm thinking this week the Jaguars are allowed to bring back either or both of their two PUP players. Luke Bowanko is imho leaps and bounds better than Shatley at C, and can play RT in a clinch since Omameh is needed at LG. And then Jonathan Woodard just might bring that extra pass rush the Jaguars need up front, and especially now with the massive Roy Miller III missing up front. 

'02

Quote:If Roy Miller remains on the Jaguars roster in 2017,  it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he begins Training Camp on the PUP list.  With the plan of trying to get him ready for the regular season opener if it looks feasible at the time. If Miller's progress is slow, he might end up on the Regular Season PUP list with the hope that he can contribute in the 2nd half of the season. The next 6 to 9 months could easily be Miller's greatest challenge since he started playing football.

Teams can't put a player on PUP twice. If they take him off PUP he has to either be listed as out on the weekly injury reports (like the Jaguars did with Sen'Derrick Marks) or be put on IR.

Interestingly the Jaguars put Jonathan Woodard on PUP with the same injury, which he suffered early in training camp.

Quote:Speaking of the PUP list, I'm thinking this week the Jaguars are allowed to bring back either or both of their two PUP players. Luke Bowanko is imho leaps and bounds better than Shatley at C, and can play RT in a clinch since Omameh is needed at LG. And then Jonathan Woodard just might bring that extra pass rush the Jaguars need up front, and especially now with the massive Roy Miller III missing up front. 

I would be surprised if Jonathan Woodard is ready to practice considering he torn his Achilles in May.

If Luke Bowanko is cleared to practice,  I agree that the hope would be that he would be ready to be activated to the Jaguars 53 man during the 3 week PUP practice window.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2016, 12:53 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Speaking of the PUP list, I'm thinking this week the Jaguars are allowed to bring back either or both of their two PUP players. Luke Bowanko is imho leaps and bounds better than Shatley at C, and can play RT in a clinch since Omameh is needed at LG. And then Jonathan Woodard just might bring that extra pass rush the Jaguars need up front, and especially now with the massive Roy Miller III missing up front. 

Do you really think Jonathan Woodard can play this season?

Quote:Teams can't put a player on PUP twice. If they take him off PUP he has to either be listed as out on the weekly injury reports (like the Jaguars did with Sen'Derrick Marks) or be put on IR.

Interestingly the Jaguars put Jonathan Woodard on PUP with the same injury, which he suffered early in training camp.

A player who suffered a football injury prior to training camp can be put on the Training Camp PUP list and then be placed on the Regular Season PUP list.    Every player that ends up on the Regular Season PUP list first is on the Training Camp PUP list.  

Quote:A player who suffered a football injury prior to training camp can be put on the Training Camp PUP list and then be placed on the Regular Season PUP list.  Every player that ends up on the Regular Season PUP list first is on the Training Camp PUP list.  

The Texans should have done that with J.J. Watt.

Quote:The Texans should have done that with J.J. Watt.

I'll never listen to anything you have to say again. You think GDR is good for UF and now you think Reggie Hayward was never a good player.. you're completely off your rocker. Probably up there in age to be in a rocker to begin with too. 

"Screw the Colts" - Reggie Heyward

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I am really curious to see what Woodard can do, people seemed really high on him.

There goes the season.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Welp

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:I am really curious to see what Woodard can do, people seemed really high on him.

My impression is that he's a bit like Bobby McCray... that is, pure pass rusher, but you don't want to have to rely on him vs the run. I hope I'm wrong about that last part, but he's a darn good pass rusher from anywhere on the DL. His game is to attack from all angles, and I hope the staff utilizes that strength of his and doesn't just try to pigeon hole him to one spot.

'02

Looks like Richard Ash has been activated off the PS and Louis Nix III was signed to the PS.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2016, 02:23 PM by Joe.)

Extremely underrated DT. Probably a top 3 performer for our defense behind Telvin and Ramsey.

To be honest I have never witnessed anyone come back from an Achilles injury. He will more than likely play 2 more injury riddled years and retire.

Quote:Looks like Richard Ash has been activated off the PS and Louis Nix III was signed to the PS.

There was a time when it looked like Louis Nix III had a good chance of being a 1st Round pick.  I'm not sure if he can even become a solid NFL backup DT but the risk/ reward in the Jaguars signing him to their P.S. is favorable.  

Quote:Extremely underrated DT. Probably a top 3 performer for our defense behind Telvin and Ramsey.

To be honest I have never witnessed anyone come back from an Achilles injury. He will more than likely play 2 more injury riddled years and retire.

Why do you say something everyone knows can't possibly be true?

Vinny Testeverde played a few more seasons before retiring because he was near the end of his career anyway. I say that counts.

Quote:There was a time when it looked like Louis Nix III had a good chance of being a 1st Round pick. I'm not sure if he can even become a solid NFL backup DT but the risk/ reward in the Jaguars signing him to their P.S. is favorable.  

How did he fall off a cliff?

Quote:Why do you say something everyone knows can't possibly be true?

Vinny Testeverde played a few more seasons before retiring because he was near the end of his career anyway. I say that counts.

It came to me in a dream. I wrote it down in my dream diary.

Quote:Why do you say something everyone knows can't possibly be true?

Willie Young comes to mind as a current player who truly overcame a torn Achilles Tendon.   He's certainly an exception,  especially for a veteran NFL player.

Louis Nix has had knee problems that very likely contributed to his disappointing NFL career.   Especially,  at his weight.