Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Pats - 2nd half - 1st Down Play Calling Detailed

This was the problem I saw when Doug was hired and I felt very meh about him. I know he had an outstanding year and there was a turn-around but the AFCC loss was hopefully a learning experience. Philly had an identical gameplan vs New England, they were just more aggressive. Doug plays scared, conservative high school ball sometimes. I'm not even talking run-pass ration. I'm more disappointed with the defensive calls honestly. Marrone had flaws but Todd Wash got outcoached in 5 of his last 6 games and the 9ers game was the biggest indicator. I was honestly hoping a team would pluck away Wash for an HC vacancy because he was wasting this defense at times is several games despite having so much talent and grossly mishandling the unit. That's why they got exposed. That's why the AFCC hurt, as New England was winning games with one of the worst Patriot rosters I've seen in the Brady/Belichick era.

P.S I'm aware this is a heavy criticism, and maybe harsh despite the team success and pride that's been restored- - but if you want to be the best you have to be super critical.

Messages In This Thread
Jags - by Jags - 02-05-2018, 05:46 PM
RE: Jags vs Pats - 2nd half - 1st Down Play Calling Detailed - by TheAll22 - 02-08-2018, 11:37 PM