Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A. J. McCarron Free Agency MERGED THREADS

(02-17-2018, 10:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 09:34 PM)atburg Wrote: It was 2 years!

Its not so much saying he is better than Blake, I have no idea. Just watching him at Bama , he has alot more talent than he seems to be getting credit for.
College means nothing. It’s why Josh Allen is a top QB prospect from Wyoming.

Your Bama bias is strong.

Very original.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hopefully some team thinks he's a starter and that pushes an actually good option at QB down into our lap

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018, 10:34 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(02-17-2018, 03:27 PM)JNev Wrote: Hopefully some team thinks he's a starter and that pushes an actually good option at QB down into our lap

McCarron is the best option out there. He is far better than Bortles. With A. J. we have the QB upgrade we've needed for a very long time.

So if we let Bortles walk, just exactly were on earth do you suppose he is going?

I ask Bortles defenders to name a single NFL franchise that wants him. Just one.

(02-17-2018, 03:27 PM)JNev Wrote: Hopefully some team thinks he's a starter and that pushes an actually good option at QB down into our lap

Yea, it would be a typical Browns' move to trade for him (again) and pass on a future hall of famer from this draft class.

(02-16-2018, 03:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: McCarron obsession is real.

Some girls like men with weenie arms.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(02-18-2018, 10:34 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:

McCarron is the best option out there. He is far better than Bortles. With A. J. we have the QB upgrade we've needed for a very long time.

So if we let Bortles walk, just exactly were on earth do you suppose he is going?

I ask Bortles defenders to name a single NFL franchise that wants him. Just one.

Seriously, you’re embarrassing yourself.  Go hug your Nick Saban doll inappropriately.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(02-18-2018, 10:49 AM)FBT Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 10:34 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: McCarron is the best option out there. He is far better than Bortles. With A. J. we have the QB upgrade we've needed for a very long time.

Seriously, you’re embarrassing yourself.  Go hug your Nick Saban doll inappropriately.

That's not any kind of answer. 

Try it again...name a single NFL franchise outside of Jacksonville that wants Blake Bortles.

(02-18-2018, 10:54 AM)That’s JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 10:49 AM)FBT Wrote: Seriously, you’re embarrassing yourself.  Go hug your Nick Saban doll inappropriately.

Try it again...name a single NFL franchise outside of Jacksonville that wants Blake Bortles.

That’s completely irrelevant since Bortles isn’t available to elicit some sort of interest from any team, but feel free to trot that straw man out there to continue your butter churning for a guy with a pop gun arm.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018, 11:09 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(02-18-2018, 10:47 AM)FBT Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 03:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: McCarron obsession is real.

Some girls like men with weenie arms.

Some quarterbacks can't complete a pass twelve feet in front of them. 

This is about all we have to grade McCarron on. Looks like fine arm strength to me.

https://youtu.be/e_p2BJCrC48

EDIT: Just watch the video on You Tube.

A highlight reel might be great for your bank, but it doesn’t provide a complete picture. There’s a reason he was never able to beat out a flawed Andy Dalton for a starting job. And before you use the weak excuse that there was never a competition there for him to win the job, teams see these guys through OTAs, training camp, and the preseason. If there was any notable advantage for McCarron, it was clearly not recognized by people paid to do so, yet you have managed to see it for yourself.

Un-bunch your Bama panties. Pull your head out of your Beat Bryant replica fedora. Put away your Nick Saban love doll. McCarron is t an upgrade over Bortles. Best case, he’s just more of the same mediocrity.

(02-18-2018, 10:58 AM)FBT Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 10:54 AM)That’s JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: That's not any kind of answer. 

That’s completely irrelevant since Bortles isn’t available to elicit some sort of interest from any team, but feel free to trot that straw man out there to continue your butter churning for a guy with a pop gun arm.

Isn't demeaning A. J. McCarron for "not beating out Andy Dalton" equally irrelevant? The more intelligent fans understand the relationship between the head coach and his franchise QB. I don't know what's going on here with Jaguars' fans.

Who can forget Jack Del Rio fitted his hand-picked "franchise" QB, Byron Leftwich, with an air splint on his foot then benched up and coming QB David Garrard, the guy loaded with all the playoff momentum in the world? The ties between the head coach and his "franchise" QB make the head coach do crazy things from time to time. John Madden made a laughingstock of Del Rio on national television.

Blake Bortles is Gus Bradley's franchise guy. Gus is long-gone and that famously does not bode well for him.

Doug Marrone is THE new head coach, and we Jaguars' fans must respect the decision he makes in terms of establishing his franchise QB.

I really don't know what's going on here with Jaguars' fans.

All the talk is to demean and tear down the offense which has been developed by David Caldwell with late input coming from Tom Coughlin. I really think many fans are grasping at straw men to defend Blake Bortles.

Lol, I go away for a few days and now McCarron is the answer!!! Thanks, I needed a good laugh!!

(02-18-2018, 11:54 AM)FBT Wrote: A highlight reel might be great for your bank, but it doesn’t provide a complete picture.  There’s a reason he was never able to beat out a flawed Andy Dalton for a starting job.  And before you use the weak excuse that there was never a competition there for him to win the job, teams see these guys through OTAs, training camp, and the preseason.  If there was any notable advantage for McCarron, it was clearly not recognized by people paid to do so, yet you have managed to see it for yourself.  

Un-bunch your Bama panties.  Pull your head out of your Beat Bryant replica fedora.  Put away your Nick Saban love doll.  McCarron is t an upgrade over Bortles. Best case, he’s just more of the same mediocrity.

When did the Bengals release McCarron? Was he cut by Cincinnati?

Many of the better NFL franchises draft a quarterback and bench him for three or four years.

(02-18-2018, 10:54 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 10:49 AM)FBT Wrote: Seriously, you’re embarrassing yourself.  Go hug your Nick Saban doll inappropriately.

Alright now you're making Tide fans look really bad with the spacecoast level trolling! IAm a big Aj fan, and im pulling for him! However as much as I would love to see it, Blake was the quarterback playing in the championship game. Which was the first time I've been excited to be a Jags fan  in forever. Blake has earned another year, and Aj has earned a chance to try to make a name for himself as a starter somewhere! I will be pulling for him, just won't be here.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018, 04:50 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(02-18-2018, 11:08 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 10:47 AM)FBT Wrote: Some girls like men with weenie arms.

Some quarterbacks can't complete a pass twelve feet in front of them. 

This is about all we have to grade McCarron on. Looks like fine arm strength to me.

So AJ Green is really good actually all the Bengals receivers look awesome in that video. Yeah I don't want McCarron. He does have a weak arm. The wideouts were bailing McCarron out on most of those long highlight catches as the ball was not leading them.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(02-18-2018, 04:43 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 11:08 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Some quarterbacks can't complete a pass twelve feet in front of them. 

So AJ Green is really good. Yeah I don't want McCarron. He does have a weak arm. He was bailing McCarron out on most of those highlight catches as the ball was not leading him.
He does not have a weak arm.

(02-18-2018, 04:50 PM)atburg Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 10:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 09:23 PM)copycat Wrote: And can be condemned by those actions with in the rules.  Let's not forget that.

There is no rule requiring players stand for the national anthem.

(02-18-2018, 04:43 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: So AJ Green is really good. Yeah I don't want McCarron. He does have a weak arm. He was bailing McCarron out on most of those highlight catches as the ball was not leading him.
He does not have a weak arm.

I guess we should just ignore the scouting reports and our eyes then. Accurate thrower but suspect passing velocity.  I believe lack of velocity equates to a less than strong arm.  

Couple that with almost a complete lack of mobility.  How many times did Bortles mobility actually bail the team out of a jam when receivers weren’t getting open and we needed a play? 

Sorry, but I just don’t see how a guy who was compared to Andy Dalton and “Eli Manning lite” is considered an upgrade.  All this will do is swap one flawed quarterback with another, and we’ll be shopping for another replacement next year.  

Bama homers need to pull their heads out of their rears.  This is the NFL, not the SEC.

(02-18-2018, 12:58 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 11:54 AM)FBT Wrote: A highlight reel might be great for your bank, but it doesn’t provide a complete picture.  There’s a reason he was never able to beat out a flawed Andy Dalton for a starting job.  And before you use the weak excuse that there was never a competition there for him to win the job, teams see these guys through OTAs, training camp, and the preseason.  If there was any notable advantage for McCarron, it was clearly not recognized by people paid to do so, yet you have managed to see it for yourself.  

Un-bunch your Bama panties.  Pull your head out of your Beat Bryant replica fedora.  Put away your Nick Saban love doll.  McCarron is t an upgrade over Bortles. Best case, he’s just more of the same mediocrity.

When did the Bengals release McCarron? Was he cut by Cincinnati?

Many of the better NFL franchises draft a quarterback and bench him for three or four years.

It just keeps getting more embarrassing for you.  I’m betting you’ve got a poster of McCarron on the ceiling above your bed.  I though Tebow obsessives were pathetic, but you’re giving them a real run for their money.

Sad  (This post was last modified: 02-18-2018, 07:59 PM by atburg.)

(02-18-2018, 06:55 PM)FBT Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 04:50 PM)atburg Wrote: He does not have a weak arm.

I guess we should just ignore the scouting reports and our eyes then. Accurate thrower but suspect passing velocity.  I believe lack of velocity equates to a less than strong arm.  

Couple that with almost a complete lack of mobility.  How many times did Bortles mobility actually bail the team out of a jam when receivers weren’t getting open and we needed a play? 

Sorry, but I just don’t see how a guy who was compared to Andy Dalton and “Eli Manning lite” is considered an upgrade.  All this will do is swap one flawed quarterback with another, and we’ll be shopping for another replacement next year.  

Bama homers need to pull their heads out of their rears.  This is the NFL, not the SEC.

Maybe you should read my prior post ? You know the one where I said I would be pulling for him, just not here!

However, if you could take a moment to stop whining about Alabama......

Here is the scouting report on the guy half of the forum is willing to bet the farm on

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kirk...id=2532820

Believe it or not, scouting reports are nothing more than opinions.

(02-18-2018, 07:25 PM)atburg Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 06:55 PM)FBT Wrote: I guess we should just ignore the scouting reports and our eyes then. Accurate thrower but suspect passing velocity.  I believe lack of velocity equates to a less than strong arm.  

Maybe you should read my prior post ? You know the one where I said I would be pulling for him, just not here!

However, if you could take a moment to stop whining about Alabama......

Here is the scouting report on the guy half of the forum is willing to bet the farm on

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kirk...id=2532820

Believe it or not, scouting reports are nothing more than opinions.
Who is whining about Alabama?  I'm simply making fun of you Bama homers who see everything through a certain prism.  Looks like the truth stings a bit since you're clearly getting defensive.

I don't dislike McCarron.  I just think it's silly for some of your fellow homers to sit here and act like he's far and away better than Bortles.  He's just as flawed, only in different ways.

I'm not one of those who thinks we should break the bank for Cousins either.  I've stated numerous times that the cost to land him in comparison with what Bortles will cost next year just doesn't make it worth it for this team.  There are better places to spend that money to make this team better.  I know there are many here who think that Cousins is some sort of top tier talent, but I'm skeptical.  I've made that pretty clear.

The Jets are rumored to be ready to spend whatever is necessary to get Cousins.  I say bully for them, and then hope that our front office just steps aside and lets them overspend on the guy.  Meanwhile, we should be looking at the draft to see if we can land an upgrade the old fashioned way, by drafting him.  That allows us to use the cap space to go after upgrades at TE, the OL, or just about anywhere we want.