Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Heroin now kills more people than guns

Speaking of military grade weapons, when at the gun store, does anybody else ask for the phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range in between selecting the Uzi 9mm and the .45 long slide with laser sighting? You get extra credit if you nail the Austrian accent. The proprietor gets mad props if he responds by saying "Hey, only what you see, pal."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018, 03:57 PM by B2hibry.)

(02-23-2018, 03:15 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 10:34 AM)B2hibry Wrote: You appeared to be worried about what ‘turns me on’ and stated as such, but hey, you do you.

Why does congress have to do anything with an AR15? The M16 and A1-A4 variant fire a 5.56 round and offered in select fire three round burst and auto. Slowly being replaced with newer rifles and rounds considered more lethal. You realize M16s are no longer manufactured for civilians? They were banned in 1986 and the limited availabilty has collectors paying $20 grand or more. You also must jump through some pretty big hoops to own it if you have the funds. These aren’t the individuals shooting folks. Sorry, but the hood isn’t slinging an M16 of any variant. FYI, the AR-15 is semiautomatic and shoots a .223 projectile based off of the .22 caliber round common in single shot rifles found in country kids closets and on the shelf of most Walmarts. 

There is also this fallacy that automatic weapons are more deadly. This is false. Heard the term ‘spray and pray’? A loose military term that speaks to the true intent of automatic rate of fire. It is designed as a way to provide suppressing fire in a fire fight with no accuracy intended. It suppresses the enemy so that we can advance or collect on target. You spray a stream of bullets and your lucky to hit anything with muzzle rise, barrel heat, etc. It’s only practical in the mentioned form and a waste of ammo. The m249 is the weapon of choice for suppression.

Please tell me you aren't trying to casually assert there's little difference between the two.

Quote:To understand why the .223 bullet was so easily able to pierce both sides of the metal pipe, and why the .22LR bullet failed to pierce even the front side of the pipe, a few other factors need to be looked at.

Rimfire cartridges have for the most part been replaced by centerfire cartridges because the thin case walls of rimfires cannot handle nearly as high of pressures as those of a centerfire cartridge. Higher pressure means that the ejected bullet has more energy to deliver on its target because its velocity is greater.

The bullets also vary in size and shape. Availability for .22LR bullets varies from 36 to 60 grains in weight (2.3 to 3.9 grams), while .223 bullets range from 40 to 90 grains in weight (2.6 to 5.8 grams). The .22LR bullet is rounded while the .223 bullet comes to a sharp point.

The .223 cartridge contains significantly more powder than the .22LR cartridge (maximum pressure 24,000 PSI for .22LR; maximum pressure 50,000 PSI for .223). The .223 bullet is a much heavier bullet, travelling at a higher velocity. This means that the .223 bullet has much more energy to deliver on its target.

Upon impact .223 bullets demonstrate a tendency to tumble, increasing the size of the wound channel. The .223 bullet also delivers additional damage due to hydrostatic shock. The .22LR bullet has neither of these qualities.

16 gauge metal pipe entry and exit of .22LR:

[Image: 22_post-tfb.jpg]

.223:

[Image: 223_post-tfb.jpg]

Source
That's all you got out of that? You would have been better served to copy and paste the ballistic differences of the .223 and 5.56 if you were trying to make a point, although tangent to why I posted the response I did in the first place. The point of my statement, although obviously not clear to you, is that the .223 round is not military grade and nothing special, much like the .22 round in Magnum, LR, or any other flavor you chose. Shooting through pizza boxes and conduit at close range proves what? FBI ballistics tests continually show that the .223 round lags behind almost every pistol round when comparing penetration and effectiveness. The statement about bullet tumble speaks to the ballistic inefficientcy of the .223 round. Yet, here the incompetent are wanting to slam the table for getting rid of a cheap rifle with zero military purpose or affiliation, only that it is black and scary and California designated it an assault weapon. Nevermind the handgun that is involved in double the amount of homicides. Go figure.

(02-23-2018, 03:49 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Speaking of military grade weapons, when at the gun store, does anybody else ask for the phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range in between selecting the Uzi 9mm and the .45 long slide with laser sighting? You get extra credit if you nail the Austrian accent. The proprietor gets mad props if he responds by saying "Hey, only what you see, pal."

"You can't do that!" Loads 12 gauge..."Wrong!"
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-23-2018, 12:13 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 11:36 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Every time these things happen, those that know the least about guns make themselves known.

Just curious, do you get turned on by challenging someone’s intellect about guns when they have different social/political beliefs?

The left = knows nothing about guns

The Right = gun experts

I'm thinking his point was pretty clear.  You've confirmed it in this thread.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(02-23-2018, 10:34 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 02:58 AM)EJamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Don’t understand your point of bringing up “homo erotic”, you must be having one of those triggered moments. That’s neither here nor there.

So with your expertise, what shall congress do with weapons like the AR15. 223, M-16 or any aug automatics that are in hoods all over the country?
 FYI, the AR-15 is semiautomatic and shoots a .223 projectile based off of the .22 caliber round common in single shot rifles found in country kids closets and on the shelf of most Walmarts. 

LOL.  Haven't you been listening to the media?  The AR-15 isn't just an assault rifle, it's a 'high-power" assault rifle.  Of course, I'm not sure if they know what a foot/pound is.....
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-23-2018, 03:49 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Speaking of military grade weapons, when at the gun store, does anybody else ask for the phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range in between selecting the Uzi 9mm and the .45 long slide with laser sighting? You get extra credit if you nail the Austrian accent. The proprietor gets mad props if he responds by saying "Hey, only what you see, pal."

You sold a reverberating carbonizer with mutate capacity to an unlicensed cephalopoid, Jeebs, you piece of _____

I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM5nVvGhZRVcg7P2EWkxB...nez9kNsmH1]

(02-23-2018, 11:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

You sold a reverberating carbonizer with mutate capacity to an unlicensed cephalopoid, Jeebs, you piece of _____

Banana It took me awhile but I finally got it. Lol

(02-21-2018, 01:47 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 01:45 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: And there is a push to end the epidemic. 

Gun control on the other hand.....

[Image: 250wse.jpg]

Where is the push coming from to end the epidemic? Big Pharma? The old classic move of "Here, let's get you off this addiction and onto this other addiction, where we can profit off of it".
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."