Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Heroin now kills more people than guns

(02-21-2018, 09:02 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 08:39 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I don't think it's that cold.

Since when did emotion trump reason?

It's the reality of the world. No one cares about you. No one cares about me. And the choices I make as an adult are the fault of no one else but myself.

I'm really starting to question the whole "libertarian" part of my political ideology if this is what being a libertarian in 2018 means.

Well, since I'm a strident libertarian, I can tell you there's no question you're not one. You seemingly favor big government. That runs counter to the libertarian ideology.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-21-2018, 10:49 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Riiiight, you lost your mind. That's what happened.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Hope you never have to tell a family member that their addiction is their problem.

Already have, ex-wife in fact. It was her problem and I have no pity for it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-21-2018, 10:49 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Riiiight, you lost your mind. That's what happened.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Hope you never have to tell a family member that their addiction is their problem.

The last I heard, my cousin was on meth. The family has washed it's hands of her. She grew up in a good home, got pretty much everything she wanted and she still decided to to marry a meth dealer and get hooked herself, when she was warned he was trash and would drag her down. He ended up dying of an O.D. and her son was shot and killed in a drug deal gone wrong, a few years later. As far as I'm concerned, she brought this life on herself, due to her own bad decisions. That may sound harsh to you, but people need to be held accountable for their actions.

(02-22-2018, 01:16 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:49 PM)TJBender Wrote: Whatever helps you sleep at night. Hope you never have to tell a family member that their addiction is their problem.

The last I heard, my cousin was on meth. The family has washed it's hands of her. She grew up in a good home, got pretty much everything she wanted and she still decided to to marry a meth dealer and get hooked herself, when she was warned he was trash and would drag her down. He ended up dying of an O.D. and her son was shot and killed in a drug deal gone wrong, a few years later. As far as I'm concerned, she brought this life on herself, due to her own bad decisions. That may sound harsh to you, but people need to be held accountable for their actions.

My ex finally got her life together, but it took years, jail time and the inevitable rock bottom stint. By that time our relationship was severed and I and my children are better off for it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-21-2018, 09:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 08:39 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I don't think it's that cold.

Since when did emotion trump reason?

It's the reality of the world. No one cares about you. No one cares about me. And the choices I make as an adult are the fault of no one else but myself.
That’s sad man.

I care about you. I care.

Awww, see, now I feel obliged to care about you.

(02-22-2018, 09:15 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 09:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: That’s sad man.

I care about you. I care.

Awww, see, now I feel obliged to care about you.
That's how love works man.

(02-22-2018, 01:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 09:15 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Awww, see, now I feel obliged to care about you.
That's how love works man.

Love is an obligation?

(02-21-2018, 04:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 02:16 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: The Heroin epidemic is a danger to the public and a health crisis. You have needle sharing which exposes the person to the risk of HIV/AIDS. Children being born to pregnant mothers on the drug. Plus people driving under the influence. 

But let them be ask risk for harming innocent individuals you say.

Needle sharing is not my concern and not a public health concern.

Children born to addicts, though sad, aren't my concern.

Driving under the influence is already a crime.

A person murdering innocent civilians with military grade weapons aren’t your concern either
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(02-22-2018, 11:01 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 04:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Needle sharing is not my concern and not a public health concern.

A person murdering innocent civilians with military grade weapons aren’t your concern either
Military grade weapons? Stop parroting the ignorant media line.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-22-2018, 11:28 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 11:01 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: A person murdering innocent civilians with military grade weapons aren’t your concern either
Military grade weapons? Stop parroting the ignorant media line.

Every time these things happen, those that know the least about guns make themselves known.

(02-22-2018, 11:01 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 04:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Needle sharing is not my concern and not a public health concern.

Since the shooter is a minority I'm surprised you aren't defending him. First time for everything I guess.

(02-22-2018, 11:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 11:01 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: A person murdering innocent civilians with military grade weapons aren’t your concern either

Since the shooter is a minority I'm surprised you aren't defending him. First time for everything I guess.

And I guess my previous statement stands true to your thinking.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(02-22-2018, 11:36 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 11:28 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Military grade weapons? Stop parroting the ignorant media line.

Every time these things happen, those that know the least about guns make themselves known.

Just curious, do you get turned on by challenging someone’s intellect about guns when they have different social/political beliefs?

The left = knows nothing about guns

The Right = gun experts

(02-21-2018, 01:45 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: And there is a push to end the epidemic. 

Gun control on the other hand.....

You actually believe the war on drugs is real?  Laughing

(02-23-2018, 12:08 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 11:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Since the shooter is a minority I'm surprised you aren't defending him. First time for everything I guess.

And I guess my previous statement stands true to your thinking.

Well, since your statement was either ignorance about the event or an intential misrepresentation of the event into  something that didn't actually happen for your own  personal gain, I'd have say, no, I'm not concerned about it. No more than I'm concerned about Bigfoot, The Loch Ness Monster, or The Bogeyman anyway.

(02-23-2018, 12:51 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 01:45 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: And there is a push to end the epidemic. 

Gun control on the other hand.....

You actually believe the war on drugs is real?  Laughing

Nope it was a complete waste of time, resources and a shot to our criminal justice system. It destroyed a lot of families and neighborhoods.

(02-23-2018, 01:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 12:08 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: And I guess my previous statement stands true to your thinking.

Well, since your statement was either ignorance about the event or an intential misrepresentation of the event into  something that didn't actually happen for your own  personal gain, I'd have say, no, I'm not concerned about it. No more than I'm concerned about Bigfoot, The Loch Ness Monster, or The Bogeyman anyway.

Nah not ignorance, just a honest assumption since the left is portrayed as “too emotional” to issues like this. I figured to give it a shot and ask a rhetorical question and hope you try and bring up something stupid and irrelevant like you did with the race baiting thing that didn’t work.

(02-23-2018, 12:13 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 11:36 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Every time these things happen, those that know the least about guns make themselves known.

Just curious, do you get turned on by challenging someone’s intellect about guns when they have different social/political beliefs?

The Right = gun experts

How homo erotic of you. Regardless of your social or political beliefs, I challenge your intelluct because it reeks of ignorance and the ‘military grade’ label is in no way factual. It’s just more regurgitated and irresponsible drivel that simple minded sheep latch on to. There is stupidity on both sides of the aisle. No need to put yours out there with a neon sign. I’d say as a 22 year combat veteran that is actually proficient with numerous weapons systems and with documented lethality, I’m qualified to challenge your statement.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-23-2018, 02:16 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 12:13 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Just curious, do you get turned on by challenging someone’s intellect about guns when they have different social/political beliefs?

The Right = gun experts

How homo erotic of you. Regardless of your social or political beliefs, I challenge your intelluct because it reeks of ignorance and the ‘military grade’ label is in no way factual. It’s just more regurgitated and irresponsible drivel that simple minded sheep latch on to. There is stupidity on both sides of the aisle. No need to put yours out there with a neon sign. I’d say as a 22 year combat veteran that is actually proficient with numerous weapons systems and with documented lethality, I’m qualified to challenge your statement.

Don’t understand your point of bringing up “homo erotic”, you must be having one of those triggered moments. That’s neither here nor there.

So with your expertise, what shall congress do with weapons like the AR15. 223, M-16 or any aug automatics that are in hoods all over the country?

(02-23-2018, 01:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 12:08 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: And I guess my previous statement stands true to your thinking.

The "Bogeyman" is real. He can't make par no matter what club he uses.  Laughing