Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bridgwater, Bradford, Keenum

Let’s assume the Vikings don’t bring all three back.

Would any of them interest you?

For me, I’d still be nervous about taking Keenum, after just one good season.

Bradford is too fragile to be anything other than a backup.

But, if Bridgwater was fit, then he could be a potential starter for us. He did fine as a game manager for AP in his first season and was looking pretty sharp before his injury.

Of course in that scenario, the Vikings would probably not let him leave...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Would take Keenum in a sec

By default Keenum...Bradford is washed with his knees. Bridgewater is meh.

I’d take Teddy as a backup/guy who can compete with Blake. I think he wants to go somewhere where he’ll have the inside track to a starting job. The real question is does that opportunity exist anywhere?

Keenum will revert to his old self on a team that doesn’t feature playground style jump ball receivers. Bridgewater is soft and can’t throw the deep ball, and Bradford is a fragile snake oil salesman who’s good at separating teams from their money.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I'd love Bradford. Start him and draft a QB in the first in the event he goes down with injury again.

(02-24-2018, 02:08 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Keenum will revert to his old self on a team that doesn’t feature playground style jump ball receivers. Bridgewater is soft and can’t throw the deep ball, and Bradford is a fragile snake oil salesman who’s good at separating teams from their money.

Huh? We will (hopefully) have the best guy in the league at this.

In a word......... no!

(02-24-2018, 12:09 PM)Andy G Wrote: Let’s assume the Vikings don’t bring all three back.

Would any of them interest you?

For me, I’d still be nervous about taking Keenum, after just one good season.

Bradford is too fragile to be anything other than a backup.

But, if Bridgwater was fit, then he could be a potential starter for us. He did fine as a game manager for AP in his first season and was looking pretty sharp before his injury.

Of course in that scenario, the Vikings would probably not let him leave...

Obviously, the Bortles signing changes the dynamic.

Now, the search would be for a backup.

Considering Bradford still commanded a first round pick in trade last year, even though he seems to be made of glass, he would command a relatively high salary for a backup, though his injury history would keep the his salary down for a starter.

I don't see the Vikings letting Keenum go at this stage.

To me, Bridgewater is the wildcard.  It's my understanding the Vikings love the guy, and since they know what he is capable of doing, I have to think they would consider keeping him as a backup.  On the other hand, if the Jaguars were to pursue a veteran backup, I would like him here, though his knee injury scares me to death.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Looks like the Vikings don’t love Bridgwater after all - reports today say he’s going to become a free agent.

Hard to commit to him if the Vikings (who presumably know how well he’s recovered) won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(02-27-2018, 05:25 PM)Andy G Wrote: Looks like the Vikings don’t love Bridgwater after all - reports today say he’s going to become a free agent.

Hard to commit to him if the Vikings (who presumably know how well he’s recovered) won’t.

Brady/Montana/Manning

Feel like Bridgewater is going to go to Miami

(02-27-2018, 05:53 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Feel like Bridgewater is going to go to Miami

I think that would be a good fit. Landry is the perfect type of WR for him, from Miami, and he reunites with Parker.

(02-27-2018, 09:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 05:53 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Feel like Bridgewater is going to go to Miami

I think that would be a good fit. Landry is the perfect type of WR for him, from Miami, and he reunites with Parker.

Uhhhh with how much they’re paying Tannehill he’s not losing the starting job anytime soon

(02-28-2018, 01:36 AM)JNev Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 09:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think that would be a good fit. Landry is the perfect type of WR for him, from Miami, and he reunites with Parker.

Uhhhh with how much they’re paying Tannehill he’s not losing the starting job anytime soon

Nobody ever said he will be losing the starting up, Teddy will be the back up.

I don't see us adding a veteran backup. We need a young guy to represent the future or a draft pick haul. We are going to live and die with Bortles in 2018.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-28-2018, 09:44 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: I don't see us adding a veteran backup.  We need a young guy to represent the future or a draft pick haul.  We are going to live and die with Bortles in 2018.
This.

(02-27-2018, 05:25 PM)Andy G Wrote: Looks like the Vikings don’t love Bridgwater after all - reports today say he’s going to become a free agent.

Yes...I saw that.

With his knee injury, and the Vikes obviously not interested in keeping him around, it would be difficult to justify going after him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I’d be totally cool with Teddy as our backup for a couple years. Saves us a draft pick and I think he has as much floor as anyone at 29 or 61, with a fair amount of upside. He’ll be able to work his way back easily with Blake entrenched as the starter

Can't afford any of them and they suck anyways. Use the cap space to get quality o lineman to makeup for Bortle's deficiencies