Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Blake Bortles expects to be fully healthy for OTAs

Blake Bortles expects to be fully healthy for OTAs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...y-for-otas

Fresh off inking a new contract, Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles is confident he'll be ready for all offseason work following wrist surgery last month.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's already heading to California to start throwing. I think the wrist surgery thing is pretty much a non-issue at this point.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Except for the fact "year 5 and he still needs to work on throwing" -eye roll-

I'm glad to see him actively looking to be better and come out slinging in TC and preseason

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(02-26-2018, 11:21 AM)NCJag Wrote: Except for the fact "year 5 and he still needs to work on throwing" -eye roll-

I'm glad to see him actively looking to be better and come out slinging in TC and preseason

So, you have an issue with him working on his mechanics with the same group that works with such notable mediocre QBs as Tom Brady?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(02-26-2018, 11:21 AM)NCJag Wrote: Except for the fact "year 5 and he still needs to work on throwing" -eye roll-

So i guess you would have a problem with Tom Brady in his 15 yr still having to go out there and work on his throwing. SMH Wallbash

(02-26-2018, 02:19 PM)FBT Wrote:

So, you have an issue with him working on his mechanics with the same group that works with such notable mediocre QBs as Tom Brady?

I think he was making a joke about the people who truly believe that. That's what I got from the "eye roll" anyway. 

On another note, I guess he's been throwing like 3 days a week right now through his rehab. I'm looking forward to seeing his progress, I think another tough/high rep training camp will do him well too.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2018, 04:24 PM by atburg.)

(02-26-2018, 02:19 PM)FBT Wrote:

I think he is mocking the comment Jag33237765434 or whatever his name is. He made the comment in the extension thread.

(02-26-2018, 03:41 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 02:19 PM)FBT Wrote: So, you have an issue with him working on his mechanics with the same group that works with such notable mediocre QBs as Tom Brady?

I think he was making a joke about the people who truly believe that. That's what I got from the "eye roll" anyway. 

On another note, I guess he's been throwing like 3 days a week right now through his rehab. I'm looking forward to seeing his progress, I think another tough/high rep training camp will do him well too.

The fact he is throwing already shows his toughness! Andrew Luck would probably still be eating jello in his hospital bed! Sorry, had to say it.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2018, 07:24 PM by knarnn.)

Quote: “I had a partially torn ligament on the outside, which he repaired and then on the inside or right on top was inflamed and he cleaned up,” said Bortles who had wrist surgery last month. “It was a scope or more of a cleanup type of procedure and four-to-six weeks is what he said [for the rehab]. It has been four weeks now. I threw Monday, Wednesday and Friday of last week in a limited capacity, and I will continue that program through the six week mark and then I should be good to go and 100 percent.”

Although Bortles said he didn’t come close to missing any games the injury did cause him to appear on the injury report every week during the 2017 season.

“I think I got three cortisone shots and a PRP shot,” said Bortles. “The PRP shot didn’t do anything at all and by the third cortisone shot they were starting to last less and less, so by the end of it they didn’t want to do anymore cortisone shots. Let’s make it through the season and get it fixed and get it right after the year."

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/nfl/jagu...guars-otas

Much respect
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He has some warts but one thing you can't deny is that he's tough as nails. He has yet to miss a game in 4 seasons while almost every other QB that entered the league around the same time has missed multiple games and some more than once (Carr, Bridgewater, Jimmy G, Winston, Mariota, Wentz)

What if the wrist thing turns out to be why he struggled at times and he ends up a Pro Bowler next year?

(02-26-2018, 07:57 PM)jjgator Wrote: What if the wrist thing turns out to be why he struggled at times and he ends up a Pro Bowler next year?

Wait... I was told that "it's all in the wrist."

Is that not true now?!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(02-27-2018, 10:54 AM)Deacon Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 07:57 PM)jjgator Wrote: What if the wrist thing turns out to be why he struggled at times and he ends up a Pro Bowler next year?

Wait... I was told that "it's all in the wrist."

Is that not true now?!

Yeah, but he's talking about football.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-27-2018, 12:18 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 10:54 AM)Deacon Wrote: Wait... I was told that "it's all in the wrist."

Is that not true now?!

Yeah, but he's talking about football.

Now I'm all confused...
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

He needs some mouthwash or mints apparently.

http://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/...ial-media/

(02-27-2018, 05:36 PM)jjgator Wrote: He needs some mouthwash or mints apparently.

http://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/...ial-media/

His breath wouldn't smell so bad if he didn't keep sticking out his tongue. 
'02