Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Replacing ARob

I like the St. Brown suggestion that was mentioned earlier.

Was hoping we could snag him in the 3rd-4th before the combine, but no chance now

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-06-2018, 03:57 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: I like the St. Brown suggestion that was mentioned earlier.

Was hoping we could snag him in the 3rd-4th before the combine, but no chance now

He’s still a pretty raw WR. I’m thinking he’ll go near the top of the 3rd. We could always trade up or even better trade back.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 05:01 PM by Andy G.)

I think it’s a tough call if ARob leaves.

At the moment it appears some of the better receivers will be available to us at 29, but that would mean giving up on someone like Hernandez or Gesicki - two positions we need to improve at.

If I had to pick a WR later on, Gallup sounds like a safe choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(03-06-2018, 04:32 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 03:57 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: I like the St. Brown suggestion that was mentioned earlier.

He’s still a pretty raw WR. I’m thinking he’ll go near the top of the 3rd. We could always trade up or even better trade back.

If we could get St. Brown with our late round two pick, that would be awesome.
'02

Kirk, Washington, Miller, and Gallup are my top WR in no order. Hopefully we come away with one of them.

Dream draft at this point

1. Goedert
2. Ragnow
3. Miller

Sign Norwell in FA

Looks like we had an informal interview with J’mon Moore at the combine.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

It’s odd there is so little consensus on the top WRs of this draft

(03-06-2018, 11:23 PM)JNev Wrote: It’s odd there is so little consensus on the top WRs of this draft

I think Ridley out of Alabama not testing as well as expected really threw things out of whack. Also, there seems to be no true 'stud' Wideout in this class.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2018, 09:13 AM by JackCity.)

I think my top 5 right now would be

1) D.J Moore
2) Courtland Sutton
3) Dante Pettis
4) James Washington
5) Calvin Ridley

People overreacting to Calvin Ridley's combine do not have a good evaluation process. It shouldn't change what you saw on tape..

(03-07-2018, 09:13 AM)JackCity Wrote: I think my top 5 right now would be

1) D.J Moore
2) Courtland Sutton
3) Dante Pettis
4) James Washington
5) Calvin Ridley  

People overreacting to Calvin Ridley's combine do not have a good evaluation process. It shouldn't change what you saw on tape..
I like your list. Here's mine:

1. Moore
2. Ridley
3. Sutton
4. Miller
5. Washington

McShay just had his latest mock and had us taking Moore.

1) D.J Moore
2) Courtland Sutton
3) Dante Pettis
4) James Washington
5) Calvin Ridley  

What puts Washington in your top 5 above ridley?

(03-07-2018, 11:43 AM)texasjag22 Wrote:

1) D.J Moore
2) Courtland Sutton
3) Dante Pettis
4) James Washington
5) Calvin Ridley  

What puts Washington in your top 5 above ridley?

Just personal preference as I think Washington is the best deep threat in the class and can get off press better.  

There isn't much at all between those 5 for me. I can see a world where Ridley is the #1 with his elite route running.

Why isn't Ateman rated higher? I really like this guy and would love it if he were available in round 3.

(03-07-2018, 09:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

1) D.J Moore
2) Courtland Sutton
3) Dante Pettis
4) James Washington
5) Calvin Ridley  

I like your list. Here's mine:

1. Moore
2. Ridley
3. Sutton
4. Miller
5. Washington

McShay just had his latest mock and had us taking Moore.

I see neither of you has St. Brown in your top five. Just looking over the names of who could start outside, his size and speed stood out to me as someone who could do it. It sounds like he'd be a good pick at the end of round two.

As for a possible pick at #29, I like seeing that both of you agree that Moore is the best and that he might actually be there. Sutton has the size to dominate out ther as well if he's around, and I keep hearing interest in Washington.

'02

My WR rankings are .....

1. Calvin Ridley
2. D.J. Moore
3. D.J. Chark
4. James Washington
5. Anthony Miller
6. Jordan Lasley
7. Courtland Sutton
8. Christian Kirk
9. Tre'Quan Smith
10. Allen Lazard

Interesting note from twitter that D.J Moore was actually recruited by Keenan McCardell to Maryland and coached him there too.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2018, 01:09 PM by Cleatwood.)

(03-07-2018, 12:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Interesting note from twitter that D.J Moore was actually recruited by Keenan McCardell to Maryland and coached him there too.
I live in MD/went to UMD and UMD WRs are always vastly underrated because they have had some of the worst QB play in the past 10 years. Torrey Smith, Diggs and Moore would all have been drafted higher if they had a competent QB.

Moore stood out in almost every game they played this year.

(03-07-2018, 01:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 12:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Interesting note from twitter that D.J Moore was actually recruited by Keenan McCardell to Maryland and coached him there too.
I live in MD/went to UMD and UMD WRs are always vastly underrated because they have had some of the worst QB play in the past 10 years. Torrey Smith, Diggs and Moore would all have been drafted higher if they had a competent QB.

That's so true man. I can't even name any Maryland QB ever. 

Moore had what 8 QBs? That's insane and he was still mega productive. 

Not sure if he even makes #29 atm, what do you think?

(03-07-2018, 01:17 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 01:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I live in MD/went to UMD and UMD WRs are always vastly underrated because they have had some of the worst QB play in the past 10 years. Torrey Smith, Diggs and Moore would all have been drafted higher if they had a competent QB.

That's so true man. I can't even name any Maryland QB ever. 

Moore had what 8 QBs? That's insane and he was still mega productive. 

Not sure if he even makes #29 atm, what do you think?
At one point, Moore had a backup linebacker as his QB.... If Pigrome or Hill had not gotten hurt very early in the season, you're talking about Moore being a top 20 player. I mean look at these turds.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/tea...s/_/id/120

I think the fact that Diggs is doing so well will help Moore and his draft stock. People slept on Diggs and I wanted the Jags to draft him so bad. I think there's a chance that he falls to 29 but Carolina, Titans, or Rams could all be a team to take him depending on what they do in FA.

Looking at some guys that are 6'3 and taller

Courtland Sutton
Marcell Ateman
Auden Tate
Equanimeous St. Brown
Simmie Cobbs Jr
Allen Lazard
Jaleel Scott

Not saying his replacement HAS to be of similar size as ARob, but it would be nice to have a guy you can throw it up to and will win a 50/50 ball