Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Cook

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2018, 11:47 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I think this guy will be Ivory's replacement.  I was pulling for him last year to make the 53. He looked really good in the preseason and a beast on special teams too. Watch at 2:25, just a little preview of what he can do

https://youtu.be/ybLOKq_nI9Y?t=2m35s

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-...ook-22430/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Caldwell mentioned at the combine that he has a player or two that they are developing to play fullback. Cook immediately came to mind when I heard that.

Quote:(On how a fullback can make the transition)
“You have to have patience and a defined role for him. I know for the first four years we didn’t have a fullback. It depends on your offensive philosophy, but if
you can get a guy that is willing to learn and develop. We have a guy or two that we are trying to do that with right now as backups and eventually those guys
could be the guys. They only play 20-22 percent of the time anyways.”

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2018, 12:14 AM by JagsorDie.)

(03-01-2018, 11:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think this guy will be Ivory's replacement.  I was pulling for him last year to make the 53. He looked really good in the preseason and a beast on special teams too.  Watch at 2:25, just a little preview of what he can do

I like him a lot if he drops to later rounds. He does seem to have a tendency to only carry the ball in his right hand no matter where contact is coming from or which sideline he is on. Could end up causeing a few fumbles on the next level. At least that is what I noticed.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2018, 12:18 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-02-2018, 12:11 AM)knarnn Wrote: Caldwell mentioned at the combine that he has a player or two that they are developing to play fullback. Cook immediately came to mind when I heard that.

“You have to have patience and a defined role for him. I know for the first four years we didn’t have a fullback. It depends on your offensive philosophy, but if
you can get a guy that is willing to learn and develop. We have a guy or two that we are trying to do that with right now as backups and eventually those guys

Cook could play FB but I like Bo.  Cook help wear down a defense at time when we give Fournette a breather

(03-02-2018, 12:12 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 11:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think this guy will be Ivory's replacement.  I was pulling for him last year to make the 53. He looked really good in the preseason and a beast on special teams too.  Watch at 2:25, just a little preview of what he can do

I like him a lot if he drops to later rounds. He does seem to have a tendency to only carry the ball in his right hand no matter where contact is coming from or which sideline he is on. Could end up causeing a few fumbles on the next level. At least that is what I noticed.
He's on our team

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2018, 04:32 AM by JackCity.)

If you have to give him snaps at RB there's a problem somewhere. He's a FB not an ivory replacement.

Really good story behind him though.

(03-02-2018, 04:30 AM)JackCity Wrote: If you have to give him snaps at RB there's a problem somewhere. He's a FB not an ivory replacement.  

He's listed as a RB on Jags.com and played RB last year in the preseason when we needed a FB.  Why would there be a problem if he took snaps at RB?

(03-02-2018, 12:12 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:

That's something that's coachable though. There's obviously some raw talent there.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2018, 08:17 AM by JackCity.)

(03-02-2018, 07:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 04:30 AM)JackCity Wrote: If you have to give him snaps at RB there's a problem somewhere. He's a FB not an ivory replacement.  

He's listed as a RB on Jags.com and played RB last year in the preseason when we needed a FB.  Why would there be a problem if he took snaps at RB?

Because I don't think he's good enough to be our Ivory replacement. Needs to show way way way more before you could even pencil him as that..he's probably a long shot to make the roster. Best chance would be as a H-Back type which he dabbled in during preseason.

But I'll definitely be rooting for him to do so.

(03-02-2018, 08:16 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 07:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He's listed as a RB on Jags.com and played RB last year in the preseason when we needed a FB.  Why would there be a problem if he took snaps at RB?

Because I don't think he's good enough to be our Ivory replacement. Needs to show way way way more before you could even pencil him as that..he's probably a long shot to make the roster. Best chance would be as a H-Back type which he dabbled in during preseason.

You have no clue how good he is this year.  Players improve.  He has great power and is a big back.  Last year at this point you would of said thing if one was praising Kennan Cole when none of us even knew who he was until he started looking good in practice and cutting up in preseason.  Cook has the power to put fear in defenders and is a stud on special teams.  If we want to keep another power back on the roster I hope he gets the first look this off season.  Can't wait to see him again in the preseason

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2018, 10:46 AM by JackCity.)

(03-02-2018, 09:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 08:16 AM)JackCity Wrote: Because I don't think he's good enough to be our Ivory replacement. Needs to show way way way more before you could even pencil him as that..he's probably a long shot to make the roster. Best chance would be as a H-Back type which he dabbled in during preseason.

You have no clue how good he is this year.  Players improve.  He has great power and is a big back.  Last year at this point you would of said thing if one was praising Kennan Cole when none of us even knew who he was until he started looking good in practice and cutting up in preseason.  Cook has the power to put fear in defenders and is a stud on special teams.  If we want to keep another power back on the roster I hope he gets the first look this off season.  Can't wait to see him again in the preseason
Which is exactly why I think it's too early to be calling him Ivorys replacement. 

Let's see how Cook does in training camp and preseason this year before giving him a set role. Cole wasn't even on the team at this point last season

Guy has 30 rushes at the senior college level.  Hopefully he gets a shot to show up in the preseason games.

(03-02-2018, 12:11 AM)knarnn Wrote: Caldwell mentioned at the combine that he has a player or two that they are developing to play fullback. Cook immediately came to mind when I heard that.

Interesting... Especially since Tommy B played so well I thought.

Has one of the most interesting back stories I have seen. Think he saved his team mate and got shot or something? Lots of bad injury luck too.

(03-02-2018, 12:12 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I like him a lot if he drops to later rounds. He does seem to have a tendency to only carry the ball in his right hand no matter where contact is coming from or which sideline he is on. Could end up causeing a few fumbles on the next level. At least that is what I noticed.

I don't think we should draft players that are already on our team.  I like thinking out-of-the-box but that just seems like a waste of a draft pick in my opinion.  If we're going to draft anyone that's already on my team, I say we go after Jaylon Ramsey or Telvin Smith; can't go wrong with those two -- almost a sure thing.  Imagine our post draft grades A+ 

(03-02-2018, 10:48 AM)Kane Wrote:

You always need someone incase Bo gets injured but I don't think anyone takes his spot

College forum ? Ehh

Why did Tim Cook get moved to the college forum when he's going on his 2nd year with the Jags?

(03-02-2018, 10:48 AM)Kane Wrote:

I read that as Caldwell looking for a tweener who can back up at RB and FB, maybe take over for Bo down the line. Given Cook's size, he makes sense to consider for that role. As Vic used to say, jar on the shelf.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2018, 06:25 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-02-2018, 12:01 PM)JackCity Wrote: College forum ? Ehh

I bet I know who changed it

(03-02-2018, 06:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 12:01 PM)JackCity Wrote: College forum ? Ehh

I bet I know who changed it

Who who

Are you nuts? His ENTIRE college career consists of 30 rushes for 137 yards. You are producing NOT a preview, but perhaps his entire catalog of plays from scrimmage.

Underutilized by the Beavers, I suppose.....???? Rolleyes