Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: With Belichick, Tomlin, Coughlin or other similar NFL HC, what would the Jags record have been this season?
4 or less wins
5-6 wins
7-8 wins
9-10 wins
11 or more wins
[Show Results]

Talent Level

Quote:I see the coaching deficiencies as well, I'm just being devil's advocate here. 

Also:
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/raiders-amari-cooper-held-to-season-lows-against-jaguars/'>http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/raiders-amari-cooper-held-to-season-lows-against-jaguars/</a>
I understand and agree. They exploited the Colts bad O-line as well. Too bad we couldn't exploit anything on offense huh? Then maybe I wouldn't have burst a blood vessel every minute of the second half

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I voted 9 wins, but in my opinion, the solution isn't just changing the head coach.   It's the entire coaching staff that seems to be sub-par.  

After the draft,   I thought the Jaguars had realistic potential to be a double digit win team this year.  Admittedly,  I didn't take into account the youth on the Defense enough at that time.   I altered my prediction to the 8 or 9 win range before the regular season.  Considering the Jaguars haven't been hit as hard with injuries as many other teams have,  it's fair to say that the coaching on the team needs to be examined very closely.    To say the least,  I didn't see the result from the Chargers game in week # 2 coming.    If not for the Jags win in London,  I truly believe that Gus Bradley would have lost his job already.  

I'm surprised at some people that act like they are just now starting to question the coaching staff. It's been pretty apparent most of the season already and some people wanted his head on a stick prior to the season already starting. 

I personally wanted to give him majority of this season but patience is definitely gone as we're clearly not going to be competing with anyone this year. 

I think one important thing we are missing on offense is SPEED. Only player we have that has pure speed is Lee.

I dont think the team is as talented as many of you make believe they are...with that said a better coach would easily have us with a winning record just because we're in the AFC South. 

Quote:These coaches would have benched Blake and put Henne and we'd be undefeated at this point.

That's delusional. With coaching he'd not be struggling so bad because they would have already adapted to maximize BB5.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2016, 07:28 PM by JagFanatic24.)

It's all....and I literally mean all....on Bortles.

Quote:7 - 8 wins with a capable headcoach. The penalities alone and turnovers alone I think would be limited and cut back tremendously with a traditional coach that commands discipline and authority. I bet we'd win the Green Bay opener and close out the Baltimore game the way it should have been closed out with a coach who doesn't play around and demands discipline and fundamental football to be played at all levels. We'd be a four win team right now with maybe that San Diego game still being a clunker and probably another loss like we had at home against the Raiders.

Great high school speech! Discipline! Authority! Fundamental football!

We'd win the Cliche Bowl, that's for sure.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:That's delusional. With coaching he'd not be struggling so bad because they would have already adapted to maximize BB5.

Please - tell us exactly how that's done. 

A lot of people want to talk about accountability, blah, blah, but when it comes to Bortles it's always the coaches. Even though you have no idea what has been done during practices. 

He's not playing well. Perhaps he's been "maximized". Perhaps we've seen his best.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Please - tell us exactly how that's done.

A lot of people want to talk about accountability, blah, blah, but when it comes to Bortles it's always the coaches. Even though you have no idea what has been done during practices.

He's not playing well. Perhaps he's been "maximized". Perhaps we've seen his best.

Bortles is one of the best qbs throwing on bootlegs and out of the pocket.... we keep him in the pocket. Bortles does well in hurry up tempo.... we run straight up the middle for 2 yards and slow everything down. Bortles can run, but we call no plays based off that.

We all know the play call now...

2yard run... short pass dropped... then bortles tries to force it on 3rd. No change, no adaption. Slow to react is this staff.

Quote:Bortles is one of the best qbs throwing on bootlegs and out of the pocket.... we keep him in the pocket. Bortles does well in hurry up tempo.... we run straight up the middle for 2 yards and slow everything down. Bortles can run, but we call no plays based off that.

We all know the play call now...

2yard run... short pass dropped... then bortles tries to force it on 3rd. No change, no adaption. Slow to react is this staff.
Bortles does better when he throws the deep ball.... Jags continue to run short hitch routes and slants.

Our RBs are great between the tackles.... Let's continue calling stretch plays.

If we had JDR, this team would atleast be 4-2. And potentially, we could reach 8 or 9 wins.
No commercial messages in sigs

I don't know. I remember JDR being here. The offense was horrible. Somehow the same plays were called with different coordinators. Idk how he would do now because he seems more accepting of his coordinators. But the old JDR that was here before wouldn't have much more of a better record this year.

I think when you get tired of a coach, you will take anybody just to get the current coach out of here. The fans called for Coughlin and JDRs head and now yall want them back.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

7-8 wins with blake at qb

Quote:I don't know. I remember JDR being here. The offense was horrible. Somehow the same plays were called with different coordinators. Idk how he would do now because he seems more accepting of his coordinators. But the old JDR that was here before wouldn't have much more of a better record this year.

I think when you get tired of a coach, you will take anybody just to get the current coach out of here. The fans called for Coughlin and JDRs head and now yall want them back.

To be fair, there was literally nothing on JDR offenses except MJD for the longest time also. How many years did we run with absolute garbage at receiver?

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon