Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DE Michel Bennett Traded to Eagles

I dislike Bennett as much as anyone, especially after he completely lied about the Vegas racial targeting crap...but this one seems pretty dubious also.

A cop says he witnessed Bennett break through a locked door, verbally abuse and then shove an elderly disabled security guard, and then yell "F*** you!" to the cop...and the cop didn't just arrest him right there? And then they don't have any video of the incident either...at the Super Bowl? Remember they found several angles of that sports agent that stole Brady's SB jersey from the field. If something as crazy as that did happen surely they would have some video evidence of it.

Doesn't pass the smell test to me, sorry.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-24-2018, 01:27 PM)Upper Wrote: I dislike Bennett as much as anyone, especially after he completely lied about the Vegas racial targeting crap...but this one seems pretty dubious also.

A cop says he witnessed Bennett break through a locked door, verbally abuse and then shove an elderly disabled security guard, and then yell "F*** you!" to the cop...and the cop didn't just arrest him right there? And then they don't have any video of the incident either...at the Super Bowl? Remember they found several angles of that sports agent that stole Brady's SB jersey from the field. If something as crazy as that did happen surely they would have some video evidence of it.

Doesn't pass the smell test to me, sorry.

Do you sleep with your tinfoil hat on?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(03-24-2018, 07:23 PM)Achilles Wrote: Do you sleep with your tinfoil hat on?

I don't think you know what that phrase means...

(03-24-2018, 07:40 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 07:23 PM)Achilles Wrote: Do you sleep with your tinfoil hat on?

I don't think you know what that phrase means...

Clearly you need to do some research...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p...infoil+hat
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I think it's pretty fishy there is no video also

(03-24-2018, 08:18 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 07:40 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't think you know what that phrase means...

Clearly you need to do some research...

I know what it means. I do not know how trying to paint someone who said that it's odd that there is no evidence despite some pretty hefty claims in an exceedingly public and surveilled venue as a conspiracy theorist makes sense in any fashion.

I can't stand the Bennetts they are such trash. Wish they would just retire and waste all their money.

Side note... why is the security guard at SB elderly and disabled? He/she should be working as a mall cop not as security on SB day where security is maximum... or so I thought I guess.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2018, 10:20 PM by Achilles.)

(03-24-2018, 08:35 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 08:18 PM)Achilles Wrote: Clearly you need to do some research...

I know what it means. I do not know how trying to paint someone who said that it's odd that there is no evidence despite some pretty hefty claims in an exceedingly public and surveilled venue as a conspiracy theorist makes sense in any fashion.

There were witnesses.

Bennett is also know to have issues with police and authority. 

I don't think it sounds fishy at all.

(03-24-2018, 09:22 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I can't stand the Bennetts they are such trash. Wish they would just retire and waste all their money.

Side note... why is the security guard at SB elderly and disabled? He/she should be working as a mall cop not as security on SB day where security is maximum... or so I thought I guess.

I'm assuming when they say she was doing security, that she was probably just checking tickets, making sure people know where there seats are or something along those lines.

I don't think they mean that she was there to break up fights, restrain people, or come to the rescue if there is an incident.

Not a fan of Bennett at all but there are a ton of question marks about this tale.

The police chief said that the office tried to detain him but Bennett refused and launched a foul mouthed tirade at him. The officer then simply let him walk away.

I'll hold out judgement until we get more details.

(03-24-2018, 10:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: Not a fan of Bennett at all but there are a ton of question marks about this tale.

The police chief said that the office tried to detain him but Bennett refused and launched a foul mouthed tirade at him. The officer then simply let him walk away.  

Holding out judgment is obviously fine....your decision....but for me.... 

1. A grand jury chose to indict. It isn't just some spit off at the mouth accusations. 

2. There were witnesses including a police officer, another member of the security team, and it sounds like at least 2 other witnesses. 

3. There was an incident, because it was reported the day it happened, which complicates the situation because the Seahawks said they were completely unaware of the situation. Either they're lying, or Bennett is also at risk of being in violation of the leagues personal conduct policy because any time an incident occurs, even if there was no arrest, it's the players responsibility to report it. 

Again, we all know his history as well, so for me, it's not just plausible, it's probable that he's guilty of this knowing what we know now. Maybe things change but I doubt it.

I'm sure the disabled security guard made him fear for his life. Too bad there weren't any slot machines to cower behind.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-24-2018, 11:36 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 10:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: Not a fan of Bennett at all but there are a ton of question marks about this tale.

Holding out judgment is obviously fine....your decision....but for me.... 

1. A grand jury chose to indict. It isn't just some spit off at the mouth accusations. 

2. There were witnesses including a police officer, another member of the security team, and it sounds like at least 2 other witnesses. 

3. There was an incident, because it was reported the day it happened, which complicates the situation because the Seahawks said they were completely unaware of the situation. Either they're lying, or Bennett is also at risk of being in violation of the leagues personal conduct policy because any time an incident occurs, even if there was no arrest, it's the players responsibility to report it. 

Again, we all know his history as well, so for me, it's not just plausible, it's probable that he's guilty of this knowing what we know now. Maybe things change but I doubt it.

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/977...91104?s=19 

It's not that I'm surprised he'd do it. Its just I have some questions about how it all took place.  And until there is concrete evidence it doesn't have much value to condemn him.

(03-24-2018, 11:57 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 11:36 PM)Achilles Wrote: Holding out judgment is obviously fine....your decision....but for me.... 

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/977...91104?s=19 

It's not that I'm surprised he'd do it. Its just I have some questions about how it all took place.  And until there is concrete evidence it doesn't have much value to condemn him.

I get what you're saying and normally I'd have the same stance but I factor in his history when I think about the likelihood of him doing it and I guess I just take the word of an elderly person I don't know at a higher value than Bennett right now. 

We shall see though.

Normally, at sporting events, they tell officers to refrain from arresting players or notable celebrities if at all possible. More than likely, that’s what happened if the officer simply walked away. The officer probably just wrote up the report, and the detective took the time to compile the witness testimony for the grand jury to decide.

Has Bennett denied anything yet?