Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Players questioning Gus Bradley

The whole organization coddles bortles. His poor play will cost bradley and dave their jobs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's just unfortunate that we don't actually have a voice huh?..
no no... Some crazy [BLEEP] gets posted here. I am very thankful we(myself included) do not have a definitive voice on the operations of the franchise.. To be fair though, it probably wouldn't be much worse than what we've seen so far from Gus and co.  :yucky:

The thing that bothers me about the Gus era is the overall sloppyness from all of our games, win or lose. Yea, Bortles is to blame for the bad throws and some decision making. We always seem unprepared, little to no real game plan, terrible game management, no second half adjustments, always saying we'll work on our mistakes and then committing the exact same mistakes the next game, no accountability.

Quote:  One of the reasons the losses mounted up was the lack of discipline.   To the point that Jim Schwartz was yelling at fans behind the Lions bench went Game # 15 against the Giants in 2013 went to OT.   The Lions ended up losing the game in OT and the team was eliminated from the playoffs.  But the # 1 focus after the game and until the aftermath of Schwartz' firing is how out of control Schwartz was.   Which reflected the team's lack of discipline,   not just in terms of penalties but in terms of fundamentals with the starting QB.  

So the Lions were eliminated from the playoffs in OT during Week 16 (Game 15)?

I'll freaking take that in a heartbeat! Sign that guy up

Telvin and Jackson

Quote:So the Lions were eliminated from the playoffs in OT during Week 16 (Game 15)?

I'll freaking take that in a heartbeat! Sign that guy up

Yes.  But the Lions started that season 6-3 and were 7-5.    Coupling the 2012 collapse in losing the last 8 games,  including 3 straight home games in bizarre fashion,  and the collapse of 2013,   it was time to move on from Jim Schwartz.  

Quote:The whole organization coddles bortles. Gus will cost bradley his job.

FIFY
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

If I played for a coach that got out coached EVERY week maybe I would lose a bit of loyalty.  On the other side of  the field was our last real coach..JDR!!! Since Jack left w have been garbage and show no signs of improvement. I hope we lose every game until Khan wises up and fires Gus!!!

Sunday for the first time I was embarrassed to be a Jags fan...our team played like garbage and acted like spoiled children...embarrassing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:The thing that bothers me about the Gus era is the overall sloppyness from all of our games, win or lose. Yea, Bortles is to blame for the bad throws and some decision making. We always seem unprepared, little to no real game plan, terrible game management, no second half adjustments, always saying we'll work on our mistakes and then committing the exact same mistakes the next game, no accountability.

Basically sums up the past few years.

Quote:The thing that bothers me about the Gus era is the overall sloppyness from all of our games, win or lose. Yea, Bortles is to blame for the bad throws and some decision making. We always seem unprepared, little to no real game plan, terrible game management, no second half adjustments, always saying we'll work on our mistakes and then committing the exact same mistakes the next game, no accountability.

This will be the quote on Gus' head coaching tombstone
A good loser is a good loser