Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Players questioning Gus Bradley

Quote:I wish we knew which 2 players

I'm sure it will leak soon.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Keep in mind some of us saw the writing on the wall years before others came to that realization.

Don't forget to remind everyone of the money you saved by not going to any games.
Blakes Life Matters

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 01:56 PM by TJBender.)

Odrick and...Poz?

Quote:One more game folks...

If the Jaguars lose Thursday Night in Tennessee,   it's hard to imagine the team remaining status quo.  Especially,  with the mini bye.   Though I believe Gus Bradley will lose his job if the Jaguars lose this game,   at the very least a coaching staff shakeup would seem inevitable.   Especially,  considering the expectations for Shad Khan entering this season and the Jaguars injury situation being relatively good for most of the first 6 games of the season.

Quote:Don't forget to remind everyone of the money you saved by not going to any games.

Add time and mental health to that list too.

I think you were one of the people who wanted to give Gus the benefit of the doubt, so I realize why you may be butt hurt by my comment.

Quote:Odrick and...Poz?

Jackson and Ramsay.
Blakes Life Matters

Pretty sure that's not breaking news by a long shot. He's lost this team. San Diego was just the beginning and after yesterday it was abundantly clear he lost some of his key defensive players. Ramsey and Jackson are not used to losing. I can understand the frustration. And it's not like it's the defense that's struggling this year. They've been put in multiple poor situations thanks to the overall ineptitude of this year's offensive struggles. Bradley doesn't have any fire in that pot belly of his. And that's apart of the problem. When Lee was flagged yesterday for unsportsmanlike conduct he just hugged him like a tree and probably whispered some honeyed philosophical nonsense in his ear. I want to see him chew his players out for making mistakes. I want to see him bench players for making mistakes. That team was completely lost yesterday and unprepared. We need a change fast. I was hoping it would happen today but I guess Khan and Caldwell are too soft and want to wait until after another embarrassing loss this Thursday night against the tacks before they do it. I fully expect to see Bortles benched too if he finishes the first half with less than 50 yards through the air and his completion percentage is in pee pee pants city.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Jackson and Ramsay.

Being that Malik Jackson came from a Super Bowl winning team that consistently won Division Titles,   if anyone can notice if a Head Coach and / or coaching staff isn't functioning well,  he would seem to be at or near the top of the list. 

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 02:02 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:Add time and mental health to that list too.

I think you were one of the people who wanted to give Gus the benefit of the doubt, so I realize why you may be butt hurt by my comment.
Not hurt at all. You wanted a new coach for years. Couch coaches and local couch fans know.

I didn't want Gus fired years ago. It was a total rebuild. So yes, he got my benefit of the doubt. The experiment is now over and it didn't work. But my team support is there and remains
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:I wish that "article" would expand on the idea a bit. The video in that link is useless. 2 players question him. Ok, good. What'd they say? Were they yelling? Did other people in the locker room seem to agree? etc..

That's bleacher report for you.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I wish that "article" would expand on the idea a bit. The video in that link is useless. 2 players question him. Ok, good. What'd they say? Were they yelling? Did other people in the locker room seem to agree? etc..

I didn't watch the video but the lack of info makes this a non-story.  

But I do remember when something similar came out when Mularkey was the coach.  We bashed Heath Evens about it.  And it ended up being true.  I also remember when we bashed Lombardi about something Jaguars related, and I think he was probably right as well.

Quote:Better than being a sheep like yourself I suppose. I will be looking for the mail. bahhhhhh

I still chuckle every time I see someone talk bad about gene smith when they defended him right up until he was fired and ridiculed anyone who wanted him fired prior...

Must be Ramsey and Malik, after they got ejected went straight to the locker room, changed, got into their cars and left the stadium and the game was still going on. lol

Quote:Must be Ramsey and Malik, after they got ejected went straight to the locker room, changed, got into their cars and left the stadium and the game was still going on. lol

The game was like 8 hours.  They had to leave at some point.

Quote:The game was like 8 hours.  They had to leave at some point.
You're not being a teammate if you don't stick around to hear the losing rah rah locker room speech.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 02:45 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:I blame Olsen more. Gus has been a bad coach over the years but his defense is finally starting to glue. The offense has regressed under Olsen and his offense is so boring and predictable. I would fire Olsen and promote Hackett to OC and see if we can win the next two game to be 4-4. Titans game is winnable. 

After the Raiders game, I started a thread out of frustration that our offense regressed significantly despite having the same coaches and talent upgrades on that side of the ball. It does not make any sense. Everyone bashed me for thinking just because our offense was good at playing from behind against weak opponents, we were not bad in the passing department. Well, guess what? These are the same people who heavily praised our offensive players and coaches in 2015! The same people who said Greg Ollson should be the guy who replaces Gus Bradley and will be a HC candidate in 2017. Are so-called Jaguars fans choosing not to think about what Olson did right last year when they say he should be fired?

I think the "success" of last year was over-inflated.  Most success came in garbage time when games were out of reach or the outcome clearly decided.  It's easier to throw up stats when you are passing on most downs, playing from behind with nothing to lose, and the opposing D is playing prevent.

I swear following this team is giving me health problems. I think i'll eat some member berries and look back on those 96-99 teams.

"Remember when the Jaguars went to the AFC Championship game? Oh yeah I member."

Quote:Being that Malik Jackson came from a Super Bowl winning team that consistently won Division Titles, if anyone can notice if a Head Coach and / or coaching staff isn't functioning well,  he would seem to be at or near the top of the list. 

I understand a guy who played in the Super Bowl twice is not used to losing. He was on a playoff team his entire career. But the Broncos did play in some bad games the last four years, including Super Bowl 48. I never saw him melt down at a Broncos game before. Unfortunately it was not the first time Malik Jackson lost his head. During the Ravens game, he got mad at Baltimore's #18 for OPI and pushed him on the sideline. That offset the Ravens penalty. This is stuff you are not going to see him do when the Jaguars can avoid three game losing streaks.

There is no "losing the locker room" anymore. He done lost it already. It's been gone.. The players are going through the motions out there, that's all..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]