Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Players questioning Gus Bradley

Quote:I understand a guy who played in the Super Bowl twice is not used to losing. He was on a playoff team his entire career. But the Broncos did play in some bad games the last four years, including Super Bowl 48. I never saw him melt down at a Broncos game before. Unfortunately it was not the first time Malik Jackson lost his head. During the Ravens game, he got mad at Baltimore's #18 for OPI and pushed him on the sideline. That offset the Ravens penalty. This is stuff you are not going to see him do when the Jaguars can avoid three game losing streaks.

By no means am I condoning Malik Jackson or any NFL player for that matter doing something that caused them to be ejected from one or more games.   Yet,  it's hard for me to discount the very realistic possibility is Jackson believes he's now on a team that isn't being coached well enough.   The standards in Denver have been high for a long time.    To the point that G.M. John Elway fired HC John Fox after 3 seasons,  despite Fox leading them to a Super Bowl and 3 Division Titles.    This is what Jackson is used too.   

Though the Jaguars certainly have the potential to get at least to that point in the long run,   Jackson probably believes it's not going to happen with one or more of the current Jaguars coaches remaining in their positions.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:By no means am I condoning Malik Jackson or any NFL player for that matter doing something that caused them to be ejected from one or more games.   Yet,  it's hard for me to discount the very realistic possibility is Jackson believes he's now on a team that isn't being coached well enough.   The standards in Denver have been high for a long time.    To the point that G.M. John Elway fired HC John Fox after 3 seasons,  despite Fox leading them to a Super Bowl and 3 Division Titles.    This is what Jackson is used too.   

Though the Jaguars certainly have the potential to get at least to that point in the long run,   Jackson probably believes it's not going to happen with one or more of the current Jaguars coaches remaining in their positions.
Why doesn't he speak up and demand something has to change if knows what excellence should look like, coming from a Super Bowl team.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 03:31 PM by D6.)

Quote:Why doesn't he speak up and demand something has to change if knows what excellence should look like, coming from a Super Bowl team.

It's possible that Malik Jackson has already voiced his opinion to Shad Khan or someone else higher up on the Jaguars chain than Gus Bradley.   Yet,  it's also possible that Jackson is expressing himself in a way to make it apparent something needs to be done.   People handle things differently.  

Either way,   I think change with the Jaguars is inevitable and probably will happen soon.   That much more considering Khan's comments before the season and that the AFC South is there for the taking.  

Quote:It's just unfortunate that we don't actually have a voice huh?..

Superdelegates ruining everything!!!

Quote:Superdelegates ruining everything!!!

hahahahaha thanks that is pure gold.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Ok. Gus is on the hot seat.

But any players getting on him after their own performance needs a long look in the mirror.

Country club locker rooms, weight rooms, entertainment center. Nice anemities.

But the will to win and passion for the game is secondary.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:There is no "losing the locker room" anymore. He done lost it already. It's been gone.. The players are going through the motions out there, that's all..

Players are probably looking forward to the offseason already.

I think its time for the "Big Man" to read all the players the riot act.....after showing gus and the clown show the door.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Players are probably looking forward to the offseason already.

You are just being Negative Nancy again. There is no reason to believe such crap.

Quote:You are just being Negative Nancy again. There is no reason to believe such crap.

Did you talk to them and ask them that personally?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:You are just being Negative Nancy again. There is no reason to believe such crap.

I did not realize his name was Nancy. That's almost as funny as the boy named Sue.

Quote:I did not realize his name was Nancy. That's almost as funny as the boy named Sue.

Debbie Downer then? He does nothing but spout negative crap that can only come from a Jaguars hater.

Quote:Debbie Downer then? He does nothing but spout negative crap that can only come from a Jaguars hater.

He's probably that way because he has girl names. He told me his name was Nattering Nabob.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 06:00 PM by BklynJag.)

Shut the hell up already. If you dont think this is true for some, then you're an idiot. Team had quit written all over them in the 4th quarter.

Quote:He's probably that way because he has girl names. He told me his name was Nattering Nabob.

Or maybe because we sucked for the past 10 years.

If it hasn't happened yet,   it will happen soon if the losses keep piling up and if a team in the AFC South separates themselves from the Jaguars in the standings.   Not every player on an NFL roster is going to remain focused when a season crashes down.    Unfortunately on this end,  this is a topic I know way too much about.  

Quote: If it hasn't happened yet, it will happen soon if the losses keep piling up and if a team in the AFC South separates themselves from the Jaguars in the standings. Not every player on an NFL roster is going to remain focused when a season crashes down. Unfortunately on this end, this is a topic I know way too much about.

Just to add... This is a team that has not won more than 5 games in 4 consecutive seasons. Players on a perennial loser, like we are, are much quicker to pack it in... Its human nature.

If we lose this Thursday, expect a lot more undisciplined play.

This season could get real ugly is we lose to the tacks.

Quote:Just to add... This is a team that has not won more than 5 games in 4 consecutive seasons. Players on a perennial loser, like we are, are much quicker to pack it in... Its human nature.

If we lose this Thursday, expect a lot more undisciplined play.

This season could get real ugly is we lose to the tacks.

I totally agree.   I think Shad Khan and Dave Caldwell recognize this and that some form of a coaching shakeup will occur if the Jaguars lose in Tennessee on Thursday Night.    Too much was invested into the Jaguars season for the upper part of the organization to accept a 2-5 record with at least two losses the team wasn't competitive enough in.   The fact that the AFC South is a relatively weak division very likely makes the situation that much more unsettling for the Khans and Dave Caldwell.  

While I don't doubt there are players questioning things, that link and video were hot garbage.

Quote:While I don't doubt there are players questioning things, that link and video were hot garbage.
So much this.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.