Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Players questioning Gus Bradley

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 06:42 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:If it hasn't happened yet,  it will happen soon if the losses keep piling up and if a team in the AFC South separates themselves from the Jaguars in the standings. Not every player on an NFL roster is going to remain focused when a season crashes down.  Unfortunately on this end, this is a topic I know way too much about.  

I can tell the players hate losing .They get frustrated during games. After the Packers game, everybody was mad. They are smart enough to not throw Gus under the bus so we can only guess how many players are quitting on him or who is doing it. Unfortunately an AFC South team has already separated itself from Jacksonville in the standings, but that is not why players are frustrated. They are upset about what is happening in their own building.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 06:51 PM by D6.)

Quote:I can tell the players hate losing .They get frustrated during games. After the Packers game, everybody was mad. They are smart enough to not throw Gus under the bus so we can only guess how many players are quitting on him or who is doing it. Unfortunately an AFC South team has already separated itself from Jacksonville in the standings, but that is not why players are frustrated. They are upset about what is happening in their own building.

One problem with losing is it usually goes from anger to apathy.

The Jaguars are only 2 games away from a 1st place tie and have yet to play the Texans,  the team currently in 1st place.   There's still a good opportunity.   But under the current internal Jaguars parameters,   the relatively weak divisional situation isn't going to help the Jaguars.

Related to this discussion,  the following from Twitter caught my attention.   I'm going to highlight what jumps out:

https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status...1426682881

<div>Ryan O'Halloran<span>Verified account </span>‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> 2h2 hours ago
</div>

Minutes later, neither ejected player apologized for actions. Yikes, it's gonna be a long 10 games.

<div> 
</div>

Ryan might be overreacting in the bold part. No way are Malik and Jalen going to lose their heads every single week, or anyone else for that matter.

Quote:Ryan might be overreacting in the bold part. No way are Malik and Jalen going to lose their heads every single week, or anyone else for that matter.

Yet,  Ryan has been around for many losing seasons.  He has first hand experience of the ramifications of losing when it becomes apparent the season has slipped away.  

Quote:Never have I seen the Jaguars fan base so uniformly in favor of firing a head coach.

I'm not yet on board with firing Gus... but lose to the tacks and you can count me in.

'02

Quote: Ryan O'Halloran<span>Verified account </span>‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> 2h2 hours ago

<div>
Minutes later, neither ejected player apologized for actions. Yikes, it's gonna be a long 10 games.

</div>

Frustrations were high, but I'm sure these two learned their lesson. That said, the refs were the ones out of control. Malik's initial flag was for subtly pushing the qb as the ball was released. That flag was absolute crap. As for Ramsey, we don't know what he said, but I never like 15-yard penalties for talking. He didn't even do anything.

'02

Quote:I'm not yet on board with firing Gus... but lose to the tacks and you can count me in.

I have always said when talent is lacking, there is no reason to give up on Gus Bradley during a rebuild. Now the rebuild is almost complete and we had every reason to expect great things this season, so I am finally ready to admit our head coach is the wrong guy and needs to be replaced if things don't get turned around by New Year's Day. But when the AHC and OC also are not doing good jobs. I have no reason to believe promoting one of them midseason will help and we should fire their supervisor before the trip to Indianapolis.

Quote:Frustrations were high, but I'm sure these two learned their lesson. That said, the refs were the ones out of control. Malik's initial flag was for subtly pushing the qb as the ball was released. That flag was absolute crap. As for Ramsey, we don't know what he said, but I never like 15-yard penalties for talking. He didn't even do anything.

Yeah that was a bad penalty, but there is no excuse for how Malik Jackson reacted to getting a stupid flag. He needs to be smart and just let it go. Bad calls are not excuses for unsportsmanlike conduct.

In Jalen Ramsey's case, what he said does not matter. Oakland's player had no business grabbing his facemask because of verbal abuse.

Quote:Frustrations were high, but I'm sure these two learned their lesson. That said, the refs were the ones out of control. Malik's initial flag was for subtly pushing the qb as the ball was released. That flag was absolute crap. As for Ramsey, we don't know what he said, but I never like 15-yard penalties for talking. He didn't even do anything.

Even with bad officiating,  it's imperative that you don't get in a position that you can be thrown out of a game.   IMO,  regardless of the score.  I might be wrong but I think the end result with the two players yesterday increases the chances of a HC change soon.  

Quote:I have always said when talent is lacking, there is no reason to give up on Gus Bradley during a rebuild. Now the rebuild is almost complete and we had every reason to expect great things this season, so I am finally ready to admit our head coach is the wrong guy and needs to be replaced if things don't get turned around by New Year's Day. But when the AHC and OC also are not doing good jobs. I have no reason to believe promoting one of them midseason will help and we should fire their supervisor before the trip to Indianapolis.

Maybe the AHC is better suited to be a HC than the current HC.   Especially,  since he had a winning season in the NFL.  

Quote:Even with bad officiating, it's imperative that you don't get in a position that you can be thrown out of a game. IMO, regardless of the score. I might be wrong but I think the end result with the two players yesterday increases the chances of a HC change soon.  

Whose fault was it that Ramsey got in position to get thrown out of the game? We don't know what he said that upset the Raiders player. Heck, we don't even know which Raiders player grabbed his facemask LOL.

As I said before, maybe in a different thread, the score does affect the risk of things like this happening. It does not make the behavior excusable by any means, of course.

Quote:Maybe the AHC is better suited to be a HC than the current HC.  Especially, since he had a winning season in the NFL.  

That is why I could not understand people saying last year the OC should be promoted instead. An AHC who came from a HC job is the obvious pick.

Quote:Whose fault was it that Ramsey got in position to get thrown out of the game? We don't know what he said that upset the Raiders player. Heck, we don't even know which Raiders player grabbed his facemask LOL.

As I said before, maybe in a different thread, the score does affect the risk of things like this happening. It does not make the behavior excusable by any means, of course.

Ultimately,  the HC is responsible for the product on the field.   A HC sets the tone for how players conduct themselves in games.   Arguably,  the # 1 reason why Jim Schwartz lost his HC job after the 2013 season was the lack of discipline with the players.    

Quote:That is why I could not understand people saying last year the OC should be promoted instead. An AHC who came from a HC job is the obvious pick.

There are always exceptions.  But HC experience goes along way in making the best out of a difficult situation when an in-season HC change is made. 

Quote:Ultimately,  the HC is responsible for the product on the field.   A HC sets the tone for how players conduct themselves in games.   Arguably,  the # 1 reason why Jim Schwartz lost his HC job after the 2013 season was the lack of discipline with the players.    

I thought he was fired because losses mounted up in Detroit. They found new ways to lose even the most disciplined games.

Quote:You are just being Negative Nancy again. There is no reason to believe such crap.
sources? Why are you calling him Nancy?

Quote:I thought he was fired because losses mounted up in Detroit. They found new ways to lose even the most disciplined games.

One of the reasons the losses mounted up was the lack of discipline.   To the point that Jim Schwartz was yelling at fans behind the Lions bench went Game # 15 against the Giants in 2013 went to OT.   The Lions ended up losing the game in OT and the team was eliminated from the playoffs.  But the # 1 focus after the game and until the aftermath of Schwartz' firing is how out of control Schwartz was.   Which reflected the team's lack of discipline,   not just in terms of penalties but in terms of fundamentals with the starting QB.  

Quote:I did not realize his name was Nancy. That's almost as funny as the boy named Sue.
haha

Quote:I'm not yet on board with firing Gus... but lose to the tacks and you can count me in.

Seriously?

Thanks for the laugh. Now go stick your head back in the sand.