Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Omameh a Giant

(03-15-2018, 10:08 AM)Brett Wrote: I had no idea Omameh was even available...was his contract up?

Yep...he was a free agent.

RG now shoots up near the top of the needs list. Hopefully Isaiah Wynn falls to #29... I like him over Hernandez who while clearly powerful, consistently displays horrible technique. 

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2018, 11:25 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 10:08 AM)Brett Wrote: I had no idea Omameh was even available...was his contract up?

Yep...he was a free agent.

RG now shoots up near the top of the needs list. Hopefully Isaiah Wynn falls to #29... I like him over Hernandez who while clearly powerful, consistently displays horrible technique. 

I wouldn’t hate that. If the team addresses offensive line and quarterback in rounds one and two, I think it could be a successful draft.  To do that it seems to me that they will have to move up in the second round to get a player we would want.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(03-15-2018, 09:44 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 11:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think most of us feel that way.

I hope the FO isn't content with Cann at RG.
He's upgradable in the draft.

Another off-season and we're taking pop shots at the offensive line....again. This time it's A. J. Cann's turn to be Blake Bortles' whipping boy. Biff must be twisting and turning in his sleep every night knowing A. J. is taking pop shots for a few grass burns on his rumpus. Maybe a sponsor could hook Bortles' up with a few Timex watches to distribute amongst blockers?

Reading all this trash about our offensive line is like watching an emotionally-disturbed twelve year old girl peeling paint off the wall.

We took 102 pass attempts AWAY from Blake, and the results? The second lowest sacks allowed total in the entire NFL, a 44% increase in rushing TDs (from 8 to 18, and not at the expense of passing TDs) AND, we had a rookie RB rush for 1040 yards. Let's not let facts get in the way. Nooooo. Never.

The offensive line appreciates the recognition they are receiving for such a fine season.

I have a novel plan. Why not simply switch A. J. Cann to center and let Linder show us all how RG is supposed to be played? If he's our best offensive lineman why are we wasting his talents at such an idle position as center? 

What exactly are the Jaguars' goals? They gave Blake Bortles the football with 2 minutes and 48 seconds left and expected him to win the AFC championship game. He failed with the game on the line. 

Deal with it.

The idiom you’re looking for is potshots.

I was one of the fans that didn't think the oline needed any attention. And after the Norwell signing, I feel that much better.

Speaking of oline, Cam is a stud

(03-15-2018, 09:44 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 11:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think most of us feel that way.

I hope the FO isn't content with Cann at RG.
He's upgradable in the draft.

Another off-season and we're taking pop shots at the offensive line....again. This time it's A. J. Cann's turn to be Blake Bortles' whipping boy. Biff must be twisting and turning in his sleep every night knowing A. J. is taking pop shots for a few grass burns on his rumpus. Maybe a sponsor could hook Bortles' up with a few Timex watches to distribute amongst blockers?

Reading all this trash about our offensive line is like watching an emotionally-disturbed twelve year old girl peeling paint off the wall.

We took 102 pass attempts AWAY from Blake, and the results? The second lowest sacks allowed total in the entire NFL, a 44% increase in rushing TDs (from 8 to 18, and not at the expense of passing TDs) AND, we had a rookie RB rush for 1040 yards. Let's not let facts get in the way. Nooooo. Never.

The offensive line appreciates the recognition they are receiving for such a fine season.

I have a novel plan. Why not simply switch A. J. Cann to center and let Linder show us all how RG is supposed to be played? If he's our best offensive lineman why are we wasting his talents at such an idle position as center? 

What exactly are the Jaguars' goals? They gave Blake Bortles the football with 2 minutes and 48 seconds left and expected him to win the AFC championship game. He failed with the game on the line. 

Deal with it.

What a blow hard.  At what point does this guy get booted for spamming every topic he posts in?

(03-15-2018, 10:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 09:44 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Another off-season and we're taking pop shots at the offensive line....again. This time it's A. J. Cann's turn to be Blake Bortles' whipping boy. Biff must be twisting and turning in his sleep every night knowing A. J. is taking pop shots for a few grass burns on his rumpus. Maybe a sponsor could hook Bortles' up with a few Timex watches to distribute amongst blockers?

I wish he was looking for his therapist so they could get his meds sorted out. 
He's clearly gone rogue from his treatment schedule. 

RE: the bolded bit

Cann got beat way too many times regardless of what you want those stats to say. 

No one is taking "pot-shots" at the O-Line. We are hoping the team upgrades the RG position. Do you understand the difference in those two things?

Fournette was very low on the list of "yards before contact" amongst rushers league wide and Cann was part of that problem.

"Deal with it."  (why do people say this as a postlude to an opinion? childish and weird)
And the meds.  Deal with those too. Please. I'm begging you.

Meh?

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2018, 04:13 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(03-16-2018, 01:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 10:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: The idiom you’re looking for is potshots.

I wish he was looking for his therapist so they could get his meds sorted out. 
He's clearly gone rogue from his treatment schedule. 

RE: the bolded bit

Cann got beat way too many times regardless of what you want those stats to say. 

No one is taking "pot-shots" at the O-Line. We are hoping the team upgrades the  RG position.  Do you understand the difference in those two things?

Fournette was very low on the list of "yards before contact" amongst rushers league wide and Cann was part of that problem.

"Deal with it."   (why do people say this as a postlude to an opinion?  childish and weird)
And the meds.  Deal with those too. Please. I'm begging you.
Yards before contact? Ha Ha. 

What do you expect when you line a rookie RB in the shot gun? He hasn't got a clue. You hand him the ball flat-footed in the backfield instantly after the snap and expect him to read the line of scrimmage. He hesitates. He bolts before his blocks set. He runs into trap blocks. His brains tells him this is too complicated and he tries to run away to the outside. Yada Yada Yada.

What's the problem in comprehension? When you have a shot-gun only QB the tendency of the defensive line opposing him is to apply lots and lots of pressure upon him in the backfield. The shot gun is primarily used to aid the slow-minded QB some additional time to see and read the field. The defense smells pass every single time a QB drops back in the shot gun and their sense of urgency is greater due to the fact that they need to cut down on the amount of additional time the shot gun provides the passer. They are going to make contact before a RB makes yards cuz they are in the backfield snagging him down. The ONLY runs relatively effective out of the shot gun are delays and good old fashion draw plays. 

A RB positioned in the shot gun is NO problem to the opposing defensive line. They don't care if he is held back there for pass protection or running the football. They will handle him when they get there ball or no ball. Even more, the offensive line does one of two things. They fake pass blocking to disguise the run, or they are expected to run block against defensive linemen that are pass rushing. Trap-blocking works well for delays and draw plays. It does not work well for any other type of rushing play out of a shot gun formation.

You need an experienced RB to properly make the most out of trap-blocking schemes. Some backs have a real knack for running the ball out of delays or draw plays. Others lack the patience - failing to allow the wave to pass. They dart into the congestion - initiating contact trying to bully their way past an on-rushing defensive lineman.

Shall we even begin to discuss Leonard's weaknesses as described in his draft prospect scouting report?

WEAKNESSES

Doesn't make many defenders miss with open field shake. Aggressive, take-on style could lead to shortened career. Struggles to elude sudden traffic at line of scrimmage. Lacks looseness of hips to jump-cut from gap to gap. Struggled with a bad ankle for most of the season. Plays through a straw. Excitable runner in need of more patience. Too quick to hit the accelerator and slam into defenders when there are still cuts and yards left in the play. Runs to obvious daylight but needs to learn to anticipate and finesse the crease in traffic. Doesn't see cutback lanes developing as outside zone runner and prefers to keep runs play-side. Throws half-hearted, grazing shoulder as chip blocker. Pass protection and routes need extensive work.

How does this NOT scream no yards before contact for you? If you are a defensive lineman and see Leonard aside in shot gun formation, that's an easy pre-snap read of RUN. Let that sink in for a while.

Our offensive coordinator needs to wake up to the fact Leonard is NOT a three-down running back, and fans need to stop taking pop shots at our veteran offensive linemen.

(03-15-2018, 10:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 09:44 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Another off-season and we're taking pop shots at the offensive line....again. This time it's A. J. Cann's turn to be Blake Bortles' whipping boy. Biff must be twisting and turning in his sleep every night knowing A. J. is taking pop shots for a few grass burns on his rumpus. Maybe a sponsor could hook Bortles' up with a few Timex watches to distribute amongst blockers?

Deal with it.

Oh, this is a bunch of dudes - mod  edit