Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Help a brother out - drafting as the Jags

I'm a Texans fan as the username implies.

Over at texanstalk.com we are doing our annual mock draft and I've the privilege of drafting for your Jags,

With the recent FA signings, where do you see the positional needs for the draft?

Any other things I should know about draft philosophy etc

Thanks all

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd recommend checking out some threads in our College Section: https://www.duvalpride.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32

Most people are thinking BAP at any position given we don't have many holes, if any. Popular picks include Will Hernandez, Mason Rudolph, Dallas Goedert, Billy Price, DJ Moore, Mike Gesicki, Mark Andrews, Lamar Jackson, or one of the OTs. There are a lot of options I think most would be happy with as you can tell

Hard to know after the FA moves. They could go a number of different ways now after these acquisitions.

QB - they could wait till mid/late rounds and get a straight back up, or they could take one early to back up now and challenge Bortles for the start in 2019

TE - good players in the first three rounds - hard to think they don’t target one

LB - depending on what they intend for Jack - they may want a MLB early - they may want a SLB mid-rounds

RG - do they upgrade Cann? Probably. Could happen in rounds one- three
Could also go with a center and move Linder back to guard

RB - they may want another power back to compliment and back up Fournette - probably later in draft

Thanks for the replies. Much more mature than what I'm getting over on gotitans (drafting for both teams)

Must be nice to feel like you have a complete roster. Got a lot of wholes over in Houston, a lot of talent, but a lot of wholes.

Honestly best offensive player available (except RB) is a safe bet.

We are definitely going BAP. You can't go wrong if you go with the best offensive guy available when you pick. If a top 4 QB falls grab him. If it comes between a top OG or TE, I would lean OG because the TE pool is super deep this year.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 08:29 PM by atburg.)

(03-15-2018, 07:54 PM)kiwitexansfan Wrote: Thanks for the replies. Much more mature than what I'm getting over on gotitans (drafting for both teams)

Must be nice to feel like you have a complete roster. Got a lot of wholes over in Houston, a lot of talent, but a lot of wholes.

We had a few of those "mature" Titans fans hanging out in here for a couple weeks at the end of the year. Funny, they all went away after New England lit them up.

You should go on and post one single mock draft related question....

"After the season Marcus had, does anyone think they trade up to get a qb ?"

Then sit back and enjoy.

Kind of reading the tea leaves they are signing more than they need just for depth. Wouldn't surprise me if they are planning on consolidating a bunch of draft picks in a trade up for a QB.

(03-15-2018, 08:36 PM)Upper Wrote: Kind of reading the tea leaves they are signing more than they need just for depth. Wouldn't surprise me if they are planning on consolidating a bunch of draft picks in a trade up for a QB.

I wouldn't mind that at all.

(03-15-2018, 07:54 PM)kiwitexansfan Wrote: Thanks for the replies. Much more mature than what I'm getting over on gotitans (drafting for both teams)

Don't wanna be that guy, but I have to point out your spelling mistake. 'Wholes' should have an 'r' instead of an 'l'.

(03-15-2018, 09:01 PM)JagJohn Wrote:

Don't wanna be that guy, but I have to point out your spelling mistake. 'Wholes' should have an 'r' instead of an 'l'.

Post of the Day!!!!!!  LOL

Bwahahahahahaha!
Signature goes here.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 11:13 PM by Achilles.)

Beautiful.

Also I'm guessing QB or LB
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Laughing

I think that's Bill O'Brien coming for info.