Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The state of the Jaguars (IMO)

The overall effort is nowhere close to where it needs to be to be competitive in this league. (Thanks Captain Obvious)  It's just as much on the players as it is on the coaches.  Looking back at film, I noticed on numerous occasions where the O line would just stop during a run play when no one was in their path to block, instead of progressing to the next level and finding someone.  The running backs just run into the blockers and go nowhere as a result.  In the passing game, I believe that Bortles has all of the tools to be a good quarterback; he's just lacking one thing, confidence.  IMO, he lets opposing defenses dictated what he's going to do instead of the other way around.  WR's suffer from the same thing as Blake.  They let opposing DB's (and at times, REF's) get in their head.  When they don't get calls early in the game, their effort seems to fall off later.

The good thing is that despite the lack of discipline, we have a pretty good defense.  Yes there are holes at times, but that could be said for every defense in the league.  What hurts them is the fact that the offense can't put together long sustained drives, so as the game goes on, all of the snaps played takes its toll.  I would like to see them blitz a little more on those third and longs.  Another bright spot this year has been Marqise Lee.  I will admit that I was a bit skeptical questioning if he would every pan out as a good receiver here.  He has made me a believer. 

All in all, I believe that we have a great core of a team.  There are some changes to the roster that need to be made.  As far as the Coaches, heads need to roll.  You have to have a strong head coach, or strong assistants, in a perfect world, both.  Right now, we have neither.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lack of discipline, what is up with the offsides with Fowler. Doe he need ugly thick lenses Von Miller glasses to see the football.

IKR, I'll buy them for him if it'll help.

You think maybe we can hear from Dave or Khan at some point.

Lining up in the neutral zone several times in the game, what the hell

I never want to hear the word LEO or OTTO again.  

whats up with all the pushing, hand slapping, after the play is dead

No one really knows what is said behind closed doors, but I'm pretty sure they are feeling the heat.  As much as we would all like to see change, I don't think it would come anytime soon.  Theoretically we can still win the division.  At the moment, I believe that is the only saving grace for Gus. 

Quote:whats up with all the pushing, hand slapping, after the play is dead

Players are frustrated. How would you like to go to work and continously fail? Doesn't sound fun.

Compare the Green Bay game with this one.  The effort level is entirely different.

This team no longer believes in the culture, and it no longer thinks it can win.

Quote:Players are frustrated. How would you like to go to work and continously fail? Doesn't sound fun.
That's when you tell yourself i'm not good at this and its' time to find a new career.

Alfie made some good points in his new article.

Quote:Alfie made some good points in his new <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/10/24/13374604/the-jacksonville-jaguars-stink'>article</a>.

Lol. Quick and to the point. And so precise.

Quote:That's when you tell yourself i'm not good at this and its' time to find a new career.

But when the money is good, you hang in as long as possible

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:Alfie made some good points in his new <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/10/24/13374604/the-jacksonville-jaguars-stink'>article</a>.

Best article by Alfie to date

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:Lining up in the neutral zone several times in the game, what the hell
not just several times during the game. He did it TWICE in the same damn drive. How hard is it to see that you're not lined up over ball? Take a glance left or right and it's like magic. That was so frustrating to watch yesterday. At first I thought they were being Ticky tacky about it but hell they showed an angle from about where the linebackers vision would have been and you can see him on all fours way over the line. That's not even a shot down the line. I've grown almost numb to it tho because I'm not about to let this team ruin my weekends anymore.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Compare the Green Bay game with this one. The effort level is entirely different.

This team no longer believes in the culture, and it no longer thinks it can win.
This! Something is going on. I know they are frustrated and the bs ref calls aren't helping and you saw it pour over yesterday. Lee was yelling at Gus on the sideline after his little bout on the field.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.