Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Golf Courses in NE Florida

(10-14-2018, 12:08 PM)PF* Wrote: Wow, that sand trap is beautiful with the bright, white sand. The next hole's tee shot looks intimidating with a "road shot" being quite possible. I would opt for the white tees at 5900 over the blues.

I read the description and it sounds pretty nice. Will they freak out when I put the bloody mary stuff into the cart?

We may want to pour ourselves a good bloody in the parking lot after checking in to avoid any hassle. (just bring a yeti cup/canteen or something similar)

Seems they are pushing some food and drink specials on their site and facebook page, so they probably frown on blatant outside beverages. 

We can re-up on the turn.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-14-2018, 12:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 12:08 PM)PF* Wrote: Wow, that sand trap is beautiful with the bright, white sand. The next hole's tee shot looks intimidating with a "road shot" being quite possible. I would opt for the white tees at 5900 over the blues.

I read the description and it sounds pretty nice. Will they freak out when I put the bloody mary stuff into the cart?

We may want to pour ourselves a good bloody in the parking lot after checking in to avoid any hassle. (just bring a yeti cup/canteen or something similar)

Seems they are pushing some food and drink specials on their site and facebook page, so they probably frown on blatant outside beverages. 

It's a long time between the parking lot and the turn. If JagsorDie gets the shakes, it'll ruin his putting.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(10-15-2018, 09:16 AM)PF* Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 12:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: We may want to pour ourselves a good bloody in the parking lot after checking in to avoid any hassle. (just bring a yeti cup/canteen or something similar)

It's a long time between the parking lot and the turn. If JagsorDie gets the shakes, it'll ruin his putting.
 Ha!  I have a few of those fancy stainless steel 20 oz canteen/bottles that all the yoga set are into these days.
 I'll bring them. They'll keep a bloody mary nice and cold.  I'll bring enough to stock the carts.

Let me see if I can work this in. I'll get back to you as soon as I can but of you need to get somebody else, feel free. I have plenty of sick days to use, but I've always felt guilty using them. But it is getting close to the end of the year, so chances are dwindling that I'll get sick for 18 days.

Then again, I might actually be sick after watching the game on Sunday. I didn't even make it to halftime on Sunday. Hell, I could see what was going to happen in the first quarter.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I'm starting feel a bit under the weather. I think it will probably hit me on Monday.

You look awful.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2018, 10:41 AM by RicoTx.)

(10-17-2018, 10:10 AM)PF* Wrote: You look awful.

Pfffttt...you think I look bad now, wait'll I get out on the course.  I haven't played since the end of August in PA, and that was the first time in a month.  So once in the last 3+ months.  Wear protective gear.

I have an old hockey helmet and an old Dutch Rennert chest protector that I'll wear. I'll stand behind NYC every time you tee off.

Looks like darned close to a perfect golf day time to rehab from my illness on Monday.

The forecast for Monday on accuweather literally includes the word "delightful."

(10-19-2018, 12:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The forecast for Monday on accuweather literally includes the word "delightful."

And I have literally a three-minute commute.

If we wanted to grab some pizzas or something and head to my house for post-golf pizza and beer, I'd be up for that.

Pizza and beer would also be delightful.

(10-19-2018, 01:08 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 12:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The forecast for Monday on accuweather literally includes the word "delightful."

And I have literally a three-minute commute.

If we wanted to grab some pizzas or something and head to my house for post-golf pizza and beer, I'd be up for that.

Cool. 

That may actually work better for me than lunch beforehand.  I have a gig in Tampa Sunday night and won't get back to Jax until pre-dawn. So I'll probably need to sleep until 10:30-11am.

What time is tee time?

(10-20-2018, 07:10 PM)PF* Wrote: What time is tee time?

12:26pm

(10-21-2018, 05:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 07:10 PM)PF* Wrote: What time is tee time?

12:26pm

Got it.

I'm backing off the Bloody Marys after yesterdays adventure through Jamesonland.

When is the tee time again?

(10-23-2018, 09:29 AM)Rico Wrote: When is the tee time again?

It's over. You have to go back to work now.

And remember- do NOT hit it to the right side of the 8th green.

(10-15-2018, 09:16 AM)PF* Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 12:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: We may want to pour ourselves a good bloody in the parking lot after checking in to avoid any hassle. (just bring a yeti cup/canteen or something similar)

LOL sucks I missed this one. My hand feels fine but I don't want to tear open the stitches. should be getting them out in a week and a half. And I think the shakes could actually help my putting game, I highly doubt anything could mess it up any more.

How'd you guys shoot?

(10-24-2018, 07:33 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 09:16 AM)PF* Wrote: It's a long time between the parking lot and the turn. If JagsorDie gets the shakes, it'll ruin his putting.
LOL sucks I missed this one. My hand feels fine but I don't want to tear open the stitches. should be getting them out in a week and a half. And I think the shakes could actually help my putting game, I highly doubt anything could mess it up any more.

How'd you guys shoot?

Worst round I've played in many months, LOL. And a good round for me is still only in the 90s.  I had fun though. 
My golf game is in a similar state to the Jags offense right now.