Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Annual Site Wide Mock

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2018, 06:35 PM by knarnn.)

(04-04-2018, 06:26 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 04:19 PM)PF* Wrote: Good point. The Patriots are lurking at 23 now, wouldn't take much to jump the Bills at 22 if they are looking at Rudolph. Personally, I think they are looking at the 4 tight ends and, if 3-4 are still undrafted at 23, they could look to trade back a few spots and pick up another pick.

If they trade Gronk maybe.

Not necessarily. Remember when the Pats were dominating the game with two TE sets featuring Gronk and Hernandez? They could be looking to get back to that. Even more so now with the trade of Cooks.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-04-2018, 06:35 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 06:26 PM)Jags02 Wrote: If they trade Gronk maybe.

Not necessarily. Remember when the Pats were dominating the game with two TE sets featuring Gronk and Hernandez? They could be looking to get back to that. Even more so now with the trade of Cooks.

I think that is almost a given. That's why those 2nd round picks will be so important for them. Imagine Gronk lining up on one side of the line and a TE like Goedert lining up on the other. That could extend Brady's shelf life by a couple of years, as long as they find a LT to replace Solder.

Houston has been on the clock for 23 hours.

Let's start the discussion. At 24 hours it's voting time. 
'02

JaguarKick is still on the clock with the Texans, but it's nearing time to vote.

This is the Texans first pick in the draft so it needs to count for them.

I'm thinking the Texans take Sam Hubbard who would fit right into their 3-4 DE rotation. 
'02

(04-04-2018, 10:50 PM)Jags02 Wrote: JaguarKick is still on the clock with the Texans, but it's nearing time to vote.

I'm thinking the Texans take Sam Hubbard who would fit right into their 3-4 DE rotation. 

OT, OLB, SS are supposed to be the Texans' needs. 

OT Martinas Rankins of Mississippi, Jamarco Jones, and Brian O'Neill of Pitt are three BAP range selections.

At OLB, Darius Leonard of South Carolina State and Jerome Baker of Ohio State are also BAP range.

At SS, I don't know if they are SS players, but Kyzir White of West Virginia and Armani Watts of Texas A&M are the same close grades.

FWIW.

Maybe this is a sign to wrap it up.

(04-05-2018, 12:41 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 10:50 PM)Jags02 Wrote: JaguarKick is still on the clock with the Texans, but it's nearing time to vote.

OT, OLB, SS are supposed to be the Texans' needs. 

OT Martinas Rankins of Mississippi, Jamarco Jones, and Brian O'Neill of Pitt are three BAP range selections.

At OLB, Darius Leonard of South Carolina State and Jerome Baker of Ohio State are also BAP range.

At SS, I don't know if they are SS players, but Kyzir White of West Virginia and Armani Watts of Texas A&M are the same close grades.

FWIW.

Looking at the Texans, I agree they really have to get an OT here.

There is almost no concensus on the top remaining OT's, but let me try to rank them...

1. Brian O'Neil
  2. Martinas Rankin
  3. Chukwuma Okorafor
  4. Jarmarco Jones
  5. Desmond Harrison
  6. Will Richardson 
  7. Geron Christian

'02

(04-05-2018, 01:06 AM)Upper Wrote: Maybe this is a sign to wrap it up.

I think it's more a sign that JaguarKick forgot he's the Texans GM with them not having a pick in the first two rounds.

That said, three rounds is plenty. 

'02

Upper we understand you don't want to participate

I'm ok with Rankin or O'Neil for the Texans.

Take a good look at them both and vote. Or change my mind if you don't agree they have to get an OT here.

Edit... also look at Chukwuma Okorafor considering his abilty to play both either right or left tackle for the Texans.

BTW, look at Jamarco Jones and imagine him playing RG for the Jaguars.

'02

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2018, 06:04 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

I would say that Jamarco Jones is the highest grade OT. Rankin is versatile. He was THE top JUCO OT when he transfered to Mississippi State. He lost playing time his senior season due a high ankle sprain and STILL made first-team All-SEC. He seems best suited to play center.

EDIT to add NFL.Com
OT, OLB, and S grades

OT Jamarco Jones 5.86
S Kyzir White 5.81
OT Martinas Rankin 5.76
OLB Darius Leonard 5.74
OLB Jerome Baker 5.71
OT Brian O'neill 5.71

If you think about it, in this mock, the Jaguars draft taking OT Orlando Brown was wise in subtraction by addition.

(04-05-2018, 05:55 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: I would say that Jamarco Jones is the highest grade OT. Rankin is versatile. He was THE top JUCO OT when he transfered to Mississippi State. He lost playing time his senior season due a high ankle sprain and STILL made first-team All-SEC. He seems best suited to play center.

EDIT to add NFL.Com
OT, OLB, and S grades

OT Jamarco Jones 5.86
S Kyzir White 5.81
OT Martinas Rankin  5.76
OLB Darius Leonard 5.74
OLB Jerome Baker 5.71
OT Brian O'neill 5.71

If you think about it, in this mock, the Jaguars draft taking OT Orlando Brown was wise in subtraction by addition.

I'm starting to really like Jamarco Jones as perhaps the top G prospect. At OT he's impressive just a tad on the smaller side. With everything being bigger in Texas, I see them preferring the 6'7" Brian O'Neil ranked by some experts as far and away the top remaining OT. 

'02

(04-05-2018, 07:03 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 05:55 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: I would say that Jamarco Jones is the highest grade OT. Rankin is versatile. He was THE top JUCO OT when he transfered to Mississippi State. He lost playing time his senior season due a high ankle sprain and STILL made first-team All-SEC. He seems best suited to play center.

EDIT to add NFL.Com
OT, OLB, and S grades

OT Jamarco Jones 5.86
S Kyzir White 5.81
OT Martinas Rankin  5.76
OLB Darius Leonard 5.74
OLB Jerome Baker 5.71
OT Brian O'neill 5.71

I'm starting to really like Jamarco Jones as perhaps the top G prospect. At OT he's impressive just a tad on the smaller side. With everything being bigger in Texas, I see them preferring the 6'7" Brian O'Neil ranked by some experts as far and away the top remaining OT. 

O'Neill struggled at the Senior Bowl. His marks fell off at that point. Be sure what you are reading reflects the losses he had in contact drills with the top defensive linemen.

Here's  a write up that reports a lot of what I saw, too:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27562...-takeaways

1. Brian O'Neill, OT, PittDrills at the Senior Bowl are slanted toward the defensive line having success given some of the situations the blockers are put in, which might be why O'Neill struggled this week. He did flash his athleticism and agility, but he had a hard time pushing defenders out of the hole. I left Mobile thinking O'Neill would be a great right tackle in a zone scheme.

(04-05-2018, 09:56 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 07:03 AM)Jags02 Wrote:

O'Neill struggled at the Senior Bowl. His marks fell off at that point. Be sure what you are reading reflects the losses he had in contact drills with the top defensive linemen.

Here's  a write up that reports a lot of what I saw, too:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27562...-takeaways

1. Brian O'Neill, OT, PittDrills at the Senior Bowl are slanted toward the defensive line having success given some of the situations the blockers are put in, which might be why O'Neill struggled this week. He did flash his athleticism and agility, but he had a hard time pushing defenders out of the hole. I left Mobile thinking O'Neill would be a great right tackle in a zone scheme.

I'm thinking his Senior Bowl is the only reason he's still available. He's great value this late tho. 
'02

Rankin gets my vote for the tinhorns

I vote ONiell.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I will go along with Brian O'Neill.

I think Brian O'Neill would make the most sense.

Brian O'Neil it is

JUNGLE CAT 2017 is now back on the clock with the Giants.
'02

With the 69th pick of the 2018 NFL mock Draft the New York Giants select DE Kemoko Turay of Rutgers.